Physics is Boring

Soren37

Eel, || = qtest * |E| * y

The electrical energy found in a test charge between two parallel plates of opposite charge is equal to the magnitude of the test charge times the absolute value of the energy times the distance between the plates. The only thing that really matters however is the change in electrical energy.

It's been half an hour and that's all I have that's actually important. And now we get an example that I won't understand, and it doesn't even matter because it won't help on the test or the final exam.

I'm very happy this course gets every mark adjusted.

I like physics, moreso after I realized how much calculus can do with it. When I took it in high school it was just "equations equations equations plug it and chug it baby YEAH," but I think it can get pretty interesting if somebody knows how to explain it well.

I find physics interesting... I just had a quiz on it... OH GOD THAT LAST QUESTION!... OH GOD I FINISHED LIKE 20 MINUTES BEFORE ANYBODY ELSE DID!!!... I MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG ;_;

I find physics interesting... I just had a quiz on it... OH GOD THAT LAST QUESTION!... OH GOD I FINISHED LIKE 20 MINUTES BEFORE ANYBODY ELSE DID!!!... I MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG ;_;

That happened to me all the time when I was in school, toooooo...

I've stopped trying to understand my physics. I did the whole "plug and chug" in high school, and now I've hit the "understand all the concepts of what will happen as we do this" and it's tough. The expected average for the final exam is 30-40%. He also expects the tests to have an average of 40% or so.

Ex. 1

We study flow of a fluid through at cylindrical tube with a smooth inner surface. Researcher A models the fluid as an ideal dynamic fluid and predicts a fluid flow speed of v0. Researcher B models the fluid as a Newtonian fluid and determines a speed profile across the tube, which he writes as v*®. Later the two compare their results by calculating v*®/v0. Note that they chose to write the ratio this way as Researcher B’s data contain zeroes and they didn’t want to divide by zero. Where in the tube they studied is their calculated ratio greatest?

Ex. 2

A pipe is widening from a quadratic cross-section with side-length lupstream = 10 cm in the upstream section to a quadratic cross-section with side-length ldownstream = 20 cm. In it, we observe a volume flow rate for water of 6000 L/min. Treat water as an ideal dynamic fluid of density 1.0 g/cm3. What is the pressure difference in the pipe, which we define as the pressure downstream minus the pressure upstream?

Dude, water physics fascinate the hell out of me. Not that I've ever been taught anything about it, but I can spend way too long in the shower or bath just giggling over how it does stuff. I totally want to learn that kind of thing if I take a physics class.

Dude, water physics fascinate the hell out of me. Not that I've ever been taught anything about it, but I can spend way too long in the shower or bath just giggling over how it does stuff. I totally want to learn that kind of thing if I take a physics class.

Dipole-dipole reactions mofo.

Instantaneous dipole-induced dipole XD Admittedly A Level Chemistry, but whatever.

The thing I never got and never will get is specific latent heat, I think. How can you boil a kettle and the whole thing is 100 degrees? Surely there are some water particles in there that are still, you know, water and not vapour?!

The thing I never got and never will get is specific latent heat, I think. How can you boil a kettle and the whole thing is 100 degrees? Surely there are some water particles in there that are still, you know, water and not vapour?!

You're absolutely right, not all the particals in a liquid are the same temperature if you heat it. Non-elastic collisions and the like means that there's a probability that some particles have greater temperatures (and thus greater kinetic energies) than others, which is why water won't just start boiling when the thermometer says 100 degrees C, it'll start boiling before that, simply because some particles have gained more energy.

Specific latent heat is simply the energy needed for a change of state (although energy is released for some state changes) to occur, without the increase for a change in temperature. Specific simply means "per kg", so basically, if you had 1 kg of water you need Q Joules to turn it into vapour at 373 K (100 degrees C). Such a uniform temperature is incredibly unlikely, but it is easier to model it as such rather than do complex calculations to discover the true temperature of each molecule.