Sangwidge

NTG

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(18:03:55) Light_Bearer: everyone outside of me dissolves into non existence

(18:03:58) Nightmarre: Then Light_Bearer bear your light on blobs and obliterate him

(18:04:00) Light_Bearer: so if I ignore something it really does get obliterated

(18:04:33) ***Light_Bearer curses Serenes Forest with his wrathful light

***Hextator uses Grants on the thread

Be cast unto the yawn

The same people who go to the car warsh?

As far as I've heard, that's how they say old people in my state talk ;b

And one of the oldest teachers in my high school does talk like that.

Ooooh, zing!

Oh yeah and maybe I should also add to the original topic.

I've never heard of that pronunciation before XD So no I don't say it like that.

Edited by Freohr Abr Datia

Oh my goooosh I'm like so sad that my thread in the FFTF went whooosh

i need to hear a voice clip or youtube or something to know what you're talking about

i've never heard it pronounced it that way and dont know what it would even sound like

i put an emphasis on sand and woman whenever i use the word but i assume any bastardization pronunciations are from british english

I'm so lazy but

sang-gwij

something like that

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ePj5Yppvsh

You pronounce it so... strangely. I'm guessing you're not a native english-speaker. :o

The funny thing is... I am a native english-speaker. Which is why I am feeling so strange about this whole thing. Who has been brainwashing me?!

The funny thing is... I am a native english-speaker. Which is why I am feeling so strange about this whole thing. Who has been brainwashing me?!

it's the government, man! They're out to get us, man!

I seem to pronounce it "sandwidge" so I'm kinda screwed up too.

I can't remember where I heard it, but it's not surprising to me that native speakers would have messed up pronunciation, because apparently they are more likely to take "shortcuts" when pronouncing words and butcher them, especially if speaking quickly. Go ask a linguist if you care, they'll probably explain why I'm wrong but give an explanation for this that is interesting.

hmm, even being a native american speaker you could possibly have some influences from the culture you grew up around / your ancestor's ethnicity? assuming you aren't caucasian

for example, every FOB bangladeshi in my culture that i introduce myself to as "Taki" (short a), hears it as "Saki" in their tongue even though to a normal american speaker they clearly hear the T instead of an S, but it's reverse for everyone else from my background. i don't know of a culture that hears their D's as G's though.

hence why i brought up the possibility of the culture of the environment she grew up around?

not going to extremes and saying every white kid who grows up in koreatown will confuse their R's and L's but it can be a possibility. there's words like white-washed etc. for this reason, since it changes everything about your mannerisms, even little things like how you pronounce things or confusing letters.

the origin of the change which the OP was questioning in the first place

• 3 months later...