cout << "Hello World!\n";

MagusOfMirrors

I am Cary Xiao and I am 14 years old. I played Fire Emblem 7 since around 2005. I wasn't very good at the game, but now I've grown up and learned how to... CODE! C++ is a fun language, but those long hours of coding get boring if you do it too much. I took a gaming break because I want to be a game programmer/designer when I grow up. Soon I got dragged in to romhacking FE7-8 because hexing is cool. And here I am now. I spent several hours so far romhacking with Nitemare. And I am pleased with my results.

This is one of my products.

Because I want to be a game maker, I came here to learn all about game balancing, designing, and arting. I am excited to meet everyone in this bright community because I am tired of my classmates and their taste for stupid things there seems to be quite a few minds worth listening here to.

public class ReturnIntro
{
 public static void main(String... args)
 {
   System.out.println("Hello in java from a fellow programmer!");
 }
}

def main(type):
 print "Or in %s, if you prefer" % type

if __name__ == '__main__': main('python')

output

Output of the first should be obvious.

And hi.

EDIT:

hey hey hey hours of coding is fun when you get to see seven hours of hacking work get reduced to thirty seconds because of it

Edited by Camtech

Because I want to be a game maker, I came here to learn all about game balancing, designing, and arting. I am excited to meet everyone in this bright community because I am tired of my classmates and their taste for stupid things there seems to be quite a few minds worth listening here to.

Interesting to see another programmer! I personally am a web developer so I can't really help you with game design at all, but I'm sure there will be people around here who can help you :):

Welcome to the forum!

Hi, and welcome to the Forest! I am sort of familiar with C++ through some of my friends, but I really don't know think it interests me... Hope you end up where you want to be, though!

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

Hello and welcome to Serenes Forest!

Another C++ programmer, it's nice to see another one around here. Also, variety is a key when designing a videogame, you get used to that later on.

Anyways, welcome and hope you have a nice stay.

I don't plan to be a indie developer forever, because I want to be a part of something big.(Lol, I have a friend nicknamed Indie)

However, I am curious about what I should learn so I don't forget something when I go jobhunting.

A plus side to knowing C++ is that it's a quick swap to C, which means you can hack in ASM that much more easily cool.gif

Assembly hacking sounds cool and I would love to try it. I want to master all the other hacking stuff first. After I figure out everything, I want to make a real Fire Emblem game/hack. I'll show the world...