[FE11] Infantry Draft

Drafting:

1. This draft is for 5 players.

2. Marth, Jagen and Nagi/Gotoh are free for all to use.

3. The game will be played on Normal Mode.

Rules:

1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, visit houses, trade, meatshield, and shop.

2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to opening chests/doors.

3. Gaiden and prologue chapters do not count towards the total turncount up to 20 turns taken.

4. You are free to reclass undrafted units to whatever you want, except mounted units.

5. Marth may not Seize the throne in Chapter 19 before Turn 5.

6. Non-infantry units (cavaliers, pegasus knights, etc.) are treated for all intents and purposes as undrafted units, with few exceptions, see below.

7. When you become able to reclass units, you MUST reclass all non-infantry units as infantry units.

8. All replacement units are considered undrafted.

Other:

1. Forging, Wi-Fi Shop, and usage of the Warp staff are strictly prohibited.

2. You may not use loaner units.

Penalties:

1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter.

Exceptions:

1. Drafted mounted units are not treated as undrafted units by rule 6 until you are able to reclass them.

2. If you cannot reclass an undrafted mounted unit to an unmounted one, then they may remain a mounted unit, but not deployed. Once you can reclass said unit to an unmounted unit, you must do so.

3. If you cannot reclass a drafted mounted unit to an unmounted one, but have an undrafted unmounted unit, you may switch the classes of said units, since you must deploy all drafted units, and exception 2 goes into effect for the undrafted unit.

Credits:

CrashGordon94

Eclipse

Players/Teams:

1. PKL: Barst, Navarre, Caeda, Hardin, Radd, Gordin, Elice, Vyland, Xane, Est, Lorenz

2. Iron Champion: Sedgar, Merric, Draug, Palla, Matthis, Darros, Maria, Astram, Tiki, Bantu, Samson

3. The Spanish Inquisition: Wolf, Frey, Cord, Julian, Caesar, Linde, Dolph, Norne, Catria, Ymir, Minerva

4. 13th: Cain, Wendell, Bord, Wrys, Horace, Etzel, Roger, Roshea, Tomas, Boah, Arran

5. CrashGordon94: Abel, Ogma, Lena, Athena, Jake, Beck, Castor, Rickard, Midia, Macellan, Jeorge

[spoiler=[size=2]units remaining][/size]

Note: Due to my never actually finishing FE11, I may need to change the rules as suggestions roll in. So please, mention any mistakes I make and enjoy the draft!

Edited by The Spanish Inquisition

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, one rules modification, maybe. . .

If you cannot reclass an undrafted unit to an unmounted one, then they may be reclassed to a mounted unit, but not deployed. Once you can reclass said unit to an unmounted unit, you must do so.

This is due to the sheer amount of horses thrown at you early in the game.

Hmmm, one rules modification, maybe. . .

If you cannot reclass an undrafted unit to an unmounted one, then they may be reclassed to a mounted unit, but not deployed. Once you can reclass said unit to an unmounted unit, you must do so.

This is due to the sheer amount of horses thrown at you early in the game.

I thought of that problem when I was making the list.

I figured there were enough unit types such that the type limit issue would never be a problem...

I'll check this out on my own, do you remember what level reclassing begins?

EDIT: This isn't a problem until Wolf, Sedgar, Hardin, and Vyland come in. (Four horsemen of the Apocalypse, anyone?) tongue.gif

I'll take your suggestion and run with it

Edited by The Spanish Inquisition

I'd kinda recommend only forcing the mounted to unmounted reclass for drafted units, having your meatshields and shopping carts be mounted won't make much of a difference and it's more true to the original FE8 infantry drafts (if you care at all about that).

Quite the contrary - you can pull some really hilarious Gharnef shenanigans with a single Dracoknight in Chapter 15, for example.

Uh. . .yeah, it is. In this case, you can seriously screw with enemy AI with a mounted unit. I'm not sure if there's a similar situation in FE8/

I'd kinda recommend only forcing the mounted to unmounted reclass for drafted units, having your meatshields and shopping carts be mounted won't make much of a difference and it's more true to the original FE8 infantry drafts (if you care at all about that).

To be honest, by the same argument, having your meatshields and shopping carts be unmounted won't make much of a difference.

Then, the main argument boils down to being more true to the original FE8 infantry drafts, which is kind of a moot point for me.

I respect the time and effort that went into the original rules, but I argue that I myself spent an equal amount (maybe not equal but a significant amount of time) on these rules, and kind of like them.

Also, reclassing allows you to never have to field mounted units (once you can reclass, that is), which is kind of the spirit of an infantry draft, so why not utilize it?

Then, since IMO, spirit of a law>tradition of enforcing said law, I'm going to leave it as is. Fair?

I realize I also didn't have to give this full-blown explanation, but I'm a math major and enjoy logical arguments/proofing.tongue.gif

Err, idk who to pick...barst is the best foot unit but the cavs help a lot in earlygame...caeda is unviable after C4...the cavs get reclassed to myrmidon...eh, i go with barst.