Rate the Unit, Day 1: Roy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also think Ninian is canonically Roy's mother, too. But that's for another topic, I'm sure.

Roy's mother is canonically Ninian, Fiora, or some random woman. I don't think it's Lyn, because why would Lyn's favorite flower be something that grows atop the highest peak of Ilia? Has she ever been to Ilia?

But, I don't want to derail this thread, so ... yeah.

Only at chapter 7 right now and already he's a pain to deal with, and considering he doesn't promote till much later on in the game I have a feeling that it's only gonna get worse.

2.5/10

5.5/10

He is pretty much one of the worst lords in FE IMO before he gets the Sword of Seals. Very easily to get RNG screwed and very frail for most of his game.

I like Roy despite him sucking as a unit. ALL SWORD LOCKED LORDS SHOULD BE LIKE SIGURD/IKE/FE3 OR 12 MARTH.

"Sword-locked"

cites Sigurd, who can use lances...

:huh:

Lord of mediocrity for 21 chapters plus gaiden. He gets 3/10 for having three good points; making horses his bitch with Rapier, Sword of Seals, and fast, plentiful supports.

On paper he looks decent. Low bases but decent growths should make for a balanced lord, right? Unfortunately enemies are almost competent in this game and Roy has a very high chance of getting fucked by the RNG. And who came up with the bright idea of a promotion just before chapter 22 in a 25 chapter game? At this point his only saving grace is the sword of seals but my paranoia about ultimate weapons breaking keeps it from getting used much.

Also, I kinda don't like him.

4.25, -.5 bias, 3.75

"Sword-locked"

cites Sigurd, who can use lances...

:huh:

Also cites Ike without mentioning a game, when Ike isn't always sword-locked.

:D

Tallying.

• 4 weeks later...

He has low base good growths =+1

Early game has a lot of axes and horses=+2

Good fast to build supports=+2

Eliwoods son (biased)=+1

After chp 10 gets pwd a lot =-1

Late promotion=-1

Sword of seals=+1

So he's a 4/10 with out my biased 5/10 with

I think thats fair by far not the worst lord

Uhmm... The rating's already finished, dude...

I say proceed at Shin; since the scores of the past rounds are already tallied, that is all.

• 1 year later...

6/10. He gets a + 1 because he is the only required unit and has to be their to seize, +1 because he's a strong presence in the early game and Western Isles arc, +2 for hitting the Endgame like a truck, -3 because of that mid game slump that murders him, needs to promote earlier, thank god I made a patch for that -1 because his bases, while he in essence has the best growths in the game outside of crazy ass Karel, his low bases kick him in the nads and leave him winding up mediocre, especially when he's stuck at 20 until Chapter 21.

His final +1 is affinity and supports, that fire affinity is just amazing for any of his multiple supports, especially since Alan and Lance support FAST with him.

And I guess there's also a +1 bias point cause I love the little bastard and because he looks like this in my current Hard Mode game (Chapter 7, and no I haven't been mucking with the RNG)

t6t14x.jpg

So overall 6/10 WITH Bias and 5/10 without

Patch for early promotion? C-could I have that?