MLB 2012

Helios

I bet that's how the other guys felt being in the same division as you guys with Halladay, Lee, Hamels, and Oswalt (before he sucked).

For that matter, who haven't you traded lol? If the Marlins had pitching they actually wouldn't be that bad. Having Stanton on your team means your offense is pretty good automatically haha.

I don't think he can be as much of a workhorse as Verlander either. Normally when a guy has thrown 110 pitches, you don't send him out for another inning, but Verlander is an exception to that.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that play was not even close. The ump probably called Teixera out based on the fact that he slid headfirst, but damn the ball looked like it was still a few feet from the first baseman's glove.

The Yankees will probably appeal the game and MLB will shoot it down because like the only time an appeal has ever worked was the Pine Tar game. Baseball really needs replay officials who can overturn calls like that. Umpires just fail to get so many calls right.

That call was about as a bad as the Jim Joyce call screwing over Armando Gallaragha's perfect game. That was so obvious that he was safe. Guess it's a homefield advantage thing?

Yeah I was going to say the MLB never accepts appeals haha. The excuse for no replay is that with replay the games would take 4 hours

So Chapman got shut down for a few days after losing 4 mph off his heater which makes complete sense to me because the Reds are 11.5 up, St Louis and Pittsburg are fading and power arms are invaluable in the playoffs.

Yanks are still teetering on the edge of second biggest choke job ever.

So Tigers have managed to take 2 of 3 from the ChiSox, and are now one game back from first. We were SUPPOSED to have an excellent matchup between Verlander and Sale to watch, but unfortunately the weather said otherwise.

I cannot believe the Orioles are tied for first. How??? Wild Card race looks crazy too in the AL.

Read about Chapman's velocity decrease. Are they just saying it's arm tiredness?

The O's are tied for first because the Yanks can't pitch or get a big hit.

The AL Wild card race is crazy. It is so tight at the top. Even with 2 spots now we could still see a game 163. The NL race is also getting interesting with the previously dead and buried Phillies and Brewers surging while the Cards, Pirates and Dodgers falter.

Yeah all I've read/heard about Chapman is that it's arm fatigue not an injury.

Well the Tigers are three games with about two weeks left in the season. On paper the White Sox have a harder schedule, but it's baseball and anything can happen. Also it seems like the White Sox always win with the Tigers win, and lose when the Tigers lose. Gonna be interesting race at the end of the season.

EDIT: Tonight was an example of what I'm saying. Tigers looked amazing tonight winning 12-2. Great pitching, great hitting. Of course though, White Sox come back and win 3-2. So they're still 3 games back.

Edited by Helios

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna bump this since it feels like baseball has died out now that football is back.

Tigers can clinch the central division with a win tonight (or Chisox loss). I'm so pumped.

I cannot believe the Orioles are tied for first. How??? Wild Card race looks crazy too in the AL.

its good for me, half off papa johns is the shit, got two large pizzas, cheesesticks, and a 2 liter for 20 bucks the other day.

Tigers need to get a special like that. I mean, our owner is the guy who created the Little Caesars franchise lol. All we get is "if the Tigers hit three or more homeruns in a game, you can get a free curly fries at Arby's!"

YES I GET TO WATCH SOME PLAYOFF BASEBALL THIS YEAR

Edited by Helios

So as of right now the teams making it into the playoffs are:

AL: Yankees, Orioles, Tigers, Rangers, Athletics

NL: Reds, Nationals, Braves, Giants, (most likely Cardinals but POSSIBLY Dodgers)

I think that looks right.

I think the teams I fear the most would be the Rangers in the AL (they haven't made it to back to back world series' for nothing) and the Nationals (great pitching, solid defense, and an offense good enough to support that great pitching). Those are the teams I'm expecting in the World Series. However in the AL you can't discredit the Yankees and Tigers; they have much more playoff experience than the Orioles and Athletics, much better hitting, and two of the best pitchers in the league in Verlander and Sabathia. The Orioles and Athletics (though the Athletics have great starting pitching) don't really have a starter that instills fear into you like those two do. In the NL, I wouldn't count out the Reds or Braves. Both have excellent SP and bullpens, and the Reds have a potent offense while the Braves are less consistent but pretty good as well. Plus that Medlen guy on the Braves reminds me of Fister last year during the stretch run.

So let me get this straight. Playoff schedule looks like this:

AL:

Yankees vs. Wild Card winner

Tigers vs. Athletics

AL Wild Card:

Texas vs. Baltimore

NL:

Nats vs. Cardinals

Reds vs. Giants

NL Wild Card:

Braves vs. Cardinals

Is that right?

Edited by Helios

So let me get this straight. Playoff schedule looks like this:

AL:

Yankees vs. Wild Card winner

Tigers vs. Athletics

AL Wild Card:

Texas vs. Baltimore

NL:

Reds vs. Wild Card winner

Nats vs. Giants

NL Wild Card:

Braves vs. Cardinals

Is that right?

Nats clinched 1 seed in NL, not Reds. Nats vs Cards (since they won today) and Reds vs Giants.

Thanks for the info nflchamp, I edited the OP accordingly.

Wow the Rangers got cold at the wrong time of the year. As a Tigers fan I fear playing the Rangers, and now they get to play the Athletics who they played pretty well against down the stretch, and either the O's or Yankees, which will be tough, but it's the postseason so what do you expect. If the Tigers starting pitching shows up outside of Verlander, and the offense (cough cough Cabrera) produces like they have been this year, then I like their chances.

EDIT: Tigers up on Oakland 2-0, Nats comeback to beat the Cards and are up 1-0.

Edited by Helios