MLB 2012

Helios

That Ibanez pinch hit homer was awesome enough, and then he goes and hits a walkoff. Wow.

Speaking of wow, the Tigers just blew a two run lead in the 9th and lost the game. Now they're tied up, all the momentum is with Oakland, and they're on the road. I'm in tears right now about this game they just gave up. At the best we waste Verlander tomorrow and can't use him until Game 3 of the next series.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yanks/Tigers in the CS.

Not sure if benching A-Rod was the best idea for his psyche, but he just looks washed up. He's getting beat by 90 and seems to just rollover anytime he makes contact. I think he might be done, but he still has 5 years left his deal and I'm not even sure if the Yankees could trade him regardless of however much salary they still payed him.

You forget the Dodgers may want him

Yankees/Tigers series' have always been exciting. Would have preferred the Orioles for the sake of homefield advantage, but it'll still be exciting. I wonder which will show up though; the hitting or the pitching?

THIS GAME IS A NAILBITER AAAAAAAAAAAAH ITS STRESSING ME OUT

although win or lose I still love me my birds.

HOLY SHIT WE'VE TAKEN THE LEAD NATS NEED TO SCREW UPPPPPPP.

OMFG YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH we win.

Edited by frat_tastic

Took almost 5 hours but finally Tigs got that win. BIG WIN! Yankees made a great comeback. IBANEZ was clutch as hell. Two key losses though: Cap'n clutch might be gone for a while, and Valverde will (hopefully) be gone for good. I can't stand the heart attacks Valverde and Benoit give me every time they're in the game.

EDIT: Jeter fractured his ankle and will be out for at least 3 months. Really sad to hear this he's a great guy and a great player.

Edited by Helios

THIS GAME IS A NAILBITER AAAAAAAAAAAAH ITS STRESSING ME OUT

although win or lose I still love me my birds.

HOLY SHIT WE'VE TAKEN THE LEAD NATS NEED TO SCREW UPPPPPPP.

OMFG YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH we win.

lol that game, my suitemate decided to be a frontrunner and say "fuck the orioles I'm cheering for the Nats" (my other friends and I said "oh yay progress!" about the Orioles) and then womp womp 9-7

Another win for the Tigers! 3-0 shutout against the Yankees. Probably should have been 1-0 due to a horrible blown call by the second base ump, but the way the Yankees have been hitting this series I'm not sure how much it would have mattered. They can't hit off anyone not named Valverde. Cano is 0-26 in the postseason (I think that's a record), ARod strikes out almost every at bat, and Swish and Granderson haven't been hitting well either.

Model Emu your thoughts?

Not to mention everyone besides Ibanez and Ichiro forgot how to hit the ball. And then Sabathia just died today. There were a lot of problems, and honestly I'm not sure Jeter would have impacted the series that much.

Game 7 of the NLCS tonight. Cards v. Giants. Giants seem to have all the momentum and Matt Cain's pitching. But you can never count those magical Cardinals out. Who you guys got? I think the Giants will win but it'll be close. Chances are I'll be watching MNF more than this game, but it's gonna be epic.

Game 7 of the NLCS tonight. Cards v. Giants. Giants seem to have all the momentum and Matt Cain's pitching. But you can never count those magical Cardinals out. Who you guys got? I think the Giants will win but it'll be close. Chances are I'll be watching MNF more than this game, but it's gonna be epic.

I, along with every other Brewers fan in existence, will be rooting for the Giants.

I, along with every other Brewers fan in existence, will be rooting for the Giants.

Haha this made me laugh pretty hard. Are you still rooting for the Giants this World Series? I know TJ Lang of the Packers is a pretty big Tigers fan haha.

Game 1 starts in an hour. Really looking forward to a good series. Go Tigers!

Haha this made me laugh pretty hard. Are you still rooting for the Giants this World Series? I know TJ Lang of the Packers is a pretty big Tigers fan haha.

EDIT: Unfortunately Verlander pitched horribly tonight while Zito has gone HAM. 5-0 Giants up in the 5th. But I'm not giving up hope!

Edited by Helios

I'll be rooting for the Tigers in the WS.

Tough loss tonight. Verlander's the ace and he got smacked around a bit. Hope they can bounce back tomorrow

Fister vs. Bumgarner tonight. Fister's been excellent this postseason whereas Bumgarner hasn't. Giants have all the momentum right now though.

EDIT: Welp that momentum stayed and Giants got a close 2-0 win. Hope the Tigers can get some wins at home because things aren't looking too good for my favorite team.

Edited by Helios