Famitsu info (8/3), branched promotions return

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't the map make a bit more sense if FE13 was set in the future? Or in a alternate reality. Or maybe they forgot what Archanea was supposed to look like.

It is set in the future. Krom is described as the descendant of the "Hero King", whom we know as Marth. That indicates at least 100 years have passed, and possibly many hundreds of years.

Yes, they forgot what Archanea was supposed to look like and then made a map with land masses in all the same places but sometimes just shifted around a bit. They wouldn't have checked the map for the games they were making just a couple of years ago, to make sure the new one compared to it in exactly the way they wanted it to; they just happened to make one that's basically the same by sheer coincidence.

It is set in the future. Krom is described as the descendant of the "Hero King", whom we know as Marth. That indicates at least 100 years have passed, and possibly many hundreds of years.

Yes, they forgot what Archanea was supposed to look like and then made a map with land masses in all the same places but sometimes just shifted around a bit. They wouldn't have checked the map for the games they were making just a couple of years ago, to make sure the new one compared to it in exactly the way they wanted it to; they just happened to make one that's basically the same by sheer coincidence.

Meh, I know they are basically the same but there're still some big difference which makes me curious to know what happened to create that difference if the game is set in the future. Some kind of supernatural phenomenon? From what I've seen(which I admit is not much), it just doesn't make that much sense to be set so far in the future if things have not change that much. It made sense with FE4 since Jugdral is another continent and was way more advanced than Archanea in that period, but this is still supposedly Archanea.

Meh, I know they are basically the same but there're still some big difference which makes me curious to know what happened to create that difference if the game is set in the future. Some kind of supernatural phenomenon? From what I've seen(which I admit is not much), it just doesn't make that much sense to be set so far in the future if things have not change that much. It made sense with FE4 since Jugdral is another continent and was way more advanced than Archanea in that period, but this is still supposedly Archanea.

Because magic.

We don't really know how much stuff has changed, just that it hasn't developed in the same way as our own world. Certainly, the presence of magic would change those developments.

A good deal of the differences on the map can be explained by sea levels; the FE13 map has almost all the landmass from the older map, just with expanded bits on the coasts as if the sea level is lower; the center of the continent where the FE13 countries come together especially.

It doesn't explain some of the islands moving around though, so \o_O/

A good deal of the differences on the map can be explained by sea levels; the FE13 map has almost all the landmass from the older map, just with expanded bits on the coasts as if the sea level is lower; the center of the continent where the FE13 countries come together especially.

It doesn't explain some of the islands moving around though, so \o_O/

The sea level got lower because of tellius great flood ?

Or they just wanted to demonstrate changes over time, opting to be a bit excessive.

Say, can anyone read the kanji over Valencia in the first scan?

Edited by Othin

Suddenly all those pseudo-conical things around his armour makes sense!

They are jet packs! wtf.gif

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/img/070312B.jpg

The battle shot from behind. Oh god.

So it's not enough for him to walk around silently in all that armor; he can fly around without being noticed as well? This guy's got skills.

I already kinda hate the red Cavalier's appearance.

Uhh... What does the Red Cavalier in this game look like?

I am very confused between the would-be-duo; or it's just me since their armors kinda caught me off-guard

If this red cavalier doesn't please me enough; I will shun a thunderbolt right at his face...

Edited by Frostbite

Uhh... What does the Red Cavalier in this game look like?

I am very confused between the would-be-duo; or it's just me since their armors kinda caught me off-guard

If this red cavalier doesn't please me enough; I will shun a thunderbolt right at his face...

He's in the image Vincent linked to a few pages back, with the unpromoted class stats.

Same giant neck armor as Sol, but with bare shoulders. What the fuck, seriously. Also, his expression is terrible.

Ughh...

Now that I saw Soiree; I think my entire soul just burned into cinders!

So un-cavalier-ish just makes me sadfais; that expression doesn't help too... :C

Time to shun a thunderbolt at him!

I agree beyond the Neckbrace armour Soiree doesn't look like she suits the Cavalier class, though maybe the lack of shoulder armour is probably just a visual cue that she's going to be the faster, but less defensive Cavalier than Sol or something.

Edited by arvilino

Sol appears to have defenses Armor Knights would envy, so I damn well hope Soiree has less defenses.

On the other hand, these were Sol's stats before promoting, according to the image:

HP: 40

Str: 19

Mag: 2

Skl: 14

Spd: 19

Luck: 13

Def: 20

Res: 4

If those stats are meant to be both accurate (with relatively typical stats he might have at some point before promotion) and on the same 0-30 scale as most of the series, there isn't much room for improvement in terms of Speed, either. You don't see many characters capping or nearly capping Str/Spd/Def before promotion. So I think it's safe to say that either Sol won't likely get stats that high or those stats won't be as high as they look.

Edited by Othin