Lizandheraxe.jpg

So yes, it's kinda confirmed.

斧をブン回してご満悦のリズさん。

"The Liz that likes swinging her axe around."

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I feel like the continents have changed too much based on the one overlap I've seen. How much has Europe's coast changed since the Romans? This game probably doesn't take place *that* long after FE11/12 anyways.

Armor knights are seriously messed up in this game. I mean, Liz wearing buttons could be passed of as her being quite the individual, but that's just ridiculously impractical to be standard in battle and I find it rather displeasing aesthetically, too.

Also, I don't know if this has been mentioned, but what are those circular chart things on the branched promotion page? I don't know enough kanji to figure it out. Some sort of growth chart maybe?

To be honest, I feel like the continents have changed too much based on the one overlap I've seen. How much has Europe's coast changed since the Romans? This game probably doesn't take place *that* long after FE11/12 anyways.

Armor knights are seriously messed up in this game. I mean, Liz wearing buttons could be passed of as her being quite the individual, but that's just ridiculously impractical to be standard in battle and I find it rather displeasing aesthetically, too.

Also, I don't know if this has been mentioned, but what are those circular chart things on the branched promotion page? I don't know enough kanji to figure it out. Some sort of growth chart maybe?

It's something like that. Shows what each class is best at. Dunno if they'll have it for individual units.

When have armor knights EVER looked practical? They're practically based on the fact they're impractical.

Top is strength. Upper right is defense. Lower right is skill. Bottom is magic. Lower left is resistance. Upper left is speed. HP and Luck are not on, probably because they're more personal stats than class stats.

We haven't really seen much of the world, have we? It could be really different for all we know. Or are you talking about the shape of the continents? Because I'd expect continents to look pretty much the same over a couple centuries.

I meant technology wise. Things changed quite a bit within "Medieval" itself.

This is from a gameplay standpoint, but if we look at it from the story stand point, Clerics usually heal the wounded at base. They aren't meant to be in the front line.

Besides, when did we suddenly care about what's practical in Fire Emblem? Marth doesn't even wear pants.

This is from a gameplay standpoint, but if we look at it from the story stand point, Clerics usually heal the wounded at base. They aren't meant to be in the front line.

I was talking about the armor knights being impractical.

Besides, when did we suddenly care about what's practical in Fire Emblem? Marth doesn't even wear pants.

Marth didn't wear pants 20 years ago. He has for quite a while now. Compared to wearing a giant metal shellfish that could literally weight a ton, that's not bad anyways. I mean, how hard would it be to stand in that armor and not fall over sideways, let alone move and fight?

>Realistic armors and weapons

>fiction

ftfy

Also in honor of the memory of pikablu I'd like to remind everyone that Liz will lack the Con to use axes

Edited by Paperblade

ftfy

Also in honor of the memory of pikablu I'd like to remind everyone that Liz will lack the Con to use axes

But what if this game doesn't have weapon weight, like FE12 didn't

The screen that shows Liz having just promoted into a Battle Sister depicts her as having 7 Str and 10 Spd, after the promotion gains. It doesn't show what level she promoted at, although even for 10/1 that sounds low.

It also shows a Move stat, but no Con stat.

Or there will be straight reduction from the speed stat like in FE4?

As long as the weights aren't as ridiculously detrimental to certain weapon types as they are in FE4, I'd support that.

Glad that branching promotion is back. People are a bit too hard on FE8. Branching promotion was a really good idea. Hopefully this means we'll be seeing it in a better overall game.

I don't like branching promotions. I don't like that they put pressure on me to make a permanent choice about my lovingly trained team (I train lovingly) that could kneecap me in the future. I also don't like that FE8 used it and the trainees to have a smaller cast with less class diversity.

Didn't Marth wear a hose? That's a valid piece of male clothing for a medieval-esque world.

top1.png

Unless sheer panythose is invented then (even then there'd be creases and shit), no.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

It's something like that. Shows what each class is best at. Dunno if they'll have it for individual units.

The charts are a stat sheet :)

Clockwise, from top: Strength, Defense, Skill, Magic, Resistance, and Speed. I assume these show the promotion gains of the classes. HP and Luck are omitted for whatever reason, presumably because Luck never gets a promotion gain and HP is... whatever.

Promotion gains:

Cleric -> Sage:

HP+4

Str+1

Magic+4

Skill+3

Speed+3

Luck+0

Defense+3

Resistance-1 (wut)

Move+1

Cleric -> Battle Cleric

HP+8

Str+5

Magic+2

Skill+2

Speed+2

Luck+0

Defense+5

Resistance+0

Move+1

The build/con stat seems to be non-existent at this point.

I think the circle refers to caps, not promotion gains. Notice how Sol's Paladin promotion gains include +2 Spd and +6 Res, yet the circle shows Spd as slightly higher than Res. If that's the case, it's just a matter of HP and Luck having universal caps like in most of the series.

I'm guessing it's a scale of 20-30, like in the GBA/DS games. Great Knight, for example, appears to have the following caps:

Str: 28

Mag: 20

Skl: 25

Spd: 24

Def: 30

Res: 21

This brings serious questions about what purpose a General could possibly have. And the Sage's caps are quite funny in comparison:

Str: 21

Mag: 25

Skl: 24

Spd: 25

Def: 23

Res: 24

The fact that Sage has a Str promotion gain and a cap above 20, and the same for Paladin's Mag, indicates that both stats will indeed have a purpose for most characters. Chances are, Str will be used again for calculating AS, and Mag will be used for common enough magic weapons.

And let's look at the other two because why not:

Paladin

Str: 26

Mag: 21

Skl: 25

Spd: 25

Def: 27

Battle Cleric

Str: 23

Mag: 24

Skl: 23

Spd: 24

Def: 25

Edited by Othin

I don't like branching promotions. I don't like that they put pressure on me to make a permanent choice about my lovingly trained team (I train lovingly) that could kneecap me in the future.

I like getting to make a choice. I see it as an opportunity to make my lovingly trained team have suitable badass classes.

I also don't like that FE8 used it and the trainees to have a smaller cast with less class diversity.

FE8 had more class diversity. The only classes that were "removed" were lord classes and Nomad Troopers (replaced, effectively, with Rangers).