Official site update + Famitsu 15/3

VincentASM

You're not making any sense. If they happen to still have the triangle, there is no difference. In fact, it makes them easier to train at once. And there is still light and dark you are forgetting about...

Has that even been confirmed yet?

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hence the IF.

Analyzing the video, there is no magic triangle on screen. Hard to judge if there is a triangle. I assume it may appear on the bottom screen.

Well...with clerics promoting to sages now...I was thinking the anima triangle, but that seems to be dis-proven....though I guess everyone being able to exploit the triangle would be interesting...who knows.

Well...with clerics promoting to sages now...I was thinking the anima triangle, but that seems to be dis-proven....though I guess everyone being able to exploit the triangle would be interesting...who knows.

Well, while I didn't see an anima triangle, I also didn't see an anima-light-dark triangle. (Why did I say it might be on the bottom screen? The video I was looking at lets you see it and it's not there. lol) There also wasn't a weapon triangle displayed for Krom. So.... the analysis was inconclusive. T_T

If they're not under different Ranks, they're the same weapon type. In this case one really depressing, needlessly broad and awful weapon type instead of three cool ones (well, two cool ones and a lame one but still).

The only thing that's cool about magic is the animations, and that's less about being individual types and more about how many tomes there are. Split Anima doesn't automatically mean more tomes (FE5 Anima magic had very few tomes overall, despite being split.)

Having <Wind/Thunder/Fire> Sages isn't even interesting, they are all mostly functionally the same unlike say, Warrior, Swordmaster, Hero. It just adds class bloat without adding variety. Like I pointed out, Wind/Thunder/Fire magic always tend to be functionally flawed in some way, and the lack of variety in caster classes doesn't help. They'd have to change the system from any of the previous games with split Anima in order to have it feel like it works.

It's not enough, Anima needs to be split too, like Jugdral/Tellius.

Why does it NEED to be split? You're going around hammering this opinion into everyone as if split Anima is somehow inherently better. In theory, it may be, but previous games don't really back up that potential.

FE4 was bland, with weight the only factor, making Wind better due to the lack of a Con/Str for AS system. FE5 didn't have many generic tomes. FE9 was imbalanced in favor of Thunder. FE10 had a host of issues.

Edited by ZephyrShakuraus

You insults have no place here.

snrk

Well, while I didn't see an anima triangle, I also didn't see an anima-light-dark triangle. (Why did I say it might be on the bottom screen? The video I was looking at lets you see it and it's not there. lol) There also wasn't a weapon triangle displayed for Krom. So.... the analysis was inconclusive. T_T

So I guess that means there's no triangle, eh? Or maybe they haven't implemented it yet. The video did seem sort of beta-y.

So I guess that means there's no triangle, eh? Or maybe they haven't implemented it yet. The video did seem sort of beta-y.

Or it simply doesn't show on the screen? Who knows at this point.

Soiree had a WTD indicator when she was using a spear against an enemy with an axe. So there's some weapon triangle, but I don't see anything to indicate whether or not there will be a magic one.

....IS don't you dare ruin this game.....don't you freaking dare. I am loving the characters, classes, world map.....DO NOT REMOVE THE TRIANGLE D:

Or it simply doesn't show on the screen? Who knows at this point.

No one, though it would be weird for the weapon triangle stuff to show up on screen, and a triangle for magic to not pop up anywhere. Though, did two opposing elements even go against each other in the video? I didn't see.

rubber chicken entertains axe user......axe beats shrunken head....shrunken head beats little girl characters, dark magic beats goats, Light magic beats vampire fangs, Harry potter wands beat twilight fangs.......*shot*

Why does it NEED to be split? You're going around hammering this opinion into everyone as if split Anima is somehow inherently better. In theory, it may be, but previous games don't really back up that potential.

FE4 was bland, with weight the only factor, making Wind better due to the lack of a Con/Str for AS system. FE5 didn't have many generic tomes. FE9 was imbalanced in favor of Thunder. FE10 had a host of issues.

Even then it's still better than the merged shit in Akaneia and the GBA games. Not to mention that those problems are easily fixable. There's so many awesome things they can do with split Anima but NOOOOO! They have to use the boring homogeneous shit!

This almost makes me wanna hate the GBA games and their crap mechanics...

Even then it's still better than the merged shit in Akaneia and the GBA games. Not to mention that those problems are easily fixable. There's so many awesome things they can do with split Anima but NOOOOO! They have to use the boring homogeneous shit!

You like to get really intense, don't you?

Explain to us exactly what IS can do with split anime that they cannot do without splitting it.

More spell variety, different specialties, different spell types themselves, IT'S FUCKING OBVIOUS! Don't ask stupid questions like that!

Again with the intensity.... This is almost as bad as Clare on Degrassi.

And exactly how are all those things not possible as one rank?