Official site update + Famitsu 15/3

VincentASM

Where does it say that? : o

There's a screenshot on this page that shows Krom receiving a boost from Double, but his support level is "-" (aka None).

I see. So it really is easy mode, after all.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rescue is in (now known as Double), it's just triggered by the to-be-carried and boosts stats instead of reducing them.

That is the dumbest idea ever.

Rescue is in (now known as Double), it's just triggered by the to-be-carried and boosts stats instead of reducing them.

wow just wow that will make the game way easier that it's supposed to be i mean come on you're carrying someone on you you're supposed to be weighed down by him not getting stat boosts from him if double was only from supports it would have been acceptable but this is just ....

i guess the only upside in this is getting lower levels units or frail units some exp without having to baby them since from what i can tell from the videos the exp is split

Edited by Velth

I wonder if carrying a unit will always result in a combo-battle occuring.

I'd like to think it probably just increases the chances. We'll see when the game is released, though.

I do wonder if the enemy can use these mechanics as well. I doubt it, but it'd be interesting if they could.

wow just wow that will make the game way easier that it's supposed to be i mean come on you're carrying someone on you you're supposed to be weighed down by him not getting stat boosts from him if double was only from supports it would have been acceptable but this is just ....

i guess the only upside in this is getting lower levels units or frail units some exp without having to baby them since from what i can tell from the videos the exp is split

It also gives a bit more use for low movement units like Armoured Knights as well and perhaps rescue in general outside of lord carrying and square clearing.

Edited by arvilino

They're not actually carrying one another now; they're just teaming up. And I guess mounts carry the other to move farther.

It's powerful, but keep in mind that you're pretty much giving up the assisting unit while it happens; all they can do is add bonuses and support to the main user instead of acting on their own. Also, Vincent pointed out a key distinction from rescuing: it has to be initiated by the supporting character; you can no longer use it to simply pull a character off the field and give them instant protection. Also, there's a possibility that the supporting unit might still get hit if they try to guard. So as long as the game offers tough enough enemies on some difficulty level to make the strategies meaningful, I don't think this will be overpowered.

Edited by Othin

Since there doesn't seem to be Con or Build, I'm kind of curious as to what determines when you can use Double (for non-mounts). One of the screenshots shows My Unit triggering Double next to Krom, but the Chapter 2 video shows that Krom can't trigger it. However, Krom can trigger it with Vake in one of the very early videos.

Maybe it's based off HP?

I dunno, I can see it becoming a game of "Have strongest unit pick up a guy, proceed to step all over map" which would really be a tragedy.

I dunno, I can see it becoming a game of "Have strongest unit pick up a guy, proceed to step all over map" which would really be a tragedy.

Can't say anything about the lower difficulties, but if this game's Lunatic is anything like FE12's, you'll probably want 2 strong units on the map, rather than 1 unit with a few stat boosts.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the mechanic, but isn't it any character that can just jump on top of another guy? In that case you could have any weenie just do it.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the mechanic, but isn't it any character that can just jump on top of another guy? In that case you could have any weenie just do it.

I don't believe there's been any explanation of when you can use it. I assumed anybody could use it until just a while ago, when I remembered one occasion where it didn't appear.

Since there doesn't seem to be Con or Build, I'm kind of curious as to what determines when you can use Double (for non-mounts). One of the screenshots shows My Unit triggering Double next to Krom, but the Chapter 2 video shows that Krom can't trigger it. However, Krom can trigger it with Vake in one of the very early videos.

Maybe it's based off HP?

Well, you said the two can switch places, right? So it can't just be that the main character has to have higher HP; otherwise, for any given pair, only one could be in charge. And Callum backs up Sumia when he has 21 HP to her 20, in the third image here.

Hmm...

I don't think it would be too bad the the game was designed as if they expected the player to really abuse the mechanic. It could be that the "standard" mode of battle later in the game would be 2 vs. 1.

Indeed. As long as the enemies put up enough of a fight to make the choices meaningful, it could lead to some excellent strategies.

Edited by Othin

I don't mean to go off topic, but if I were to import a European copy in the event of no US release, could I buy DLC? Would I have to use a credit card? Or the little prepaid cards?Or import prepaid cards?

Maybe the double system is affected by level?

Edited by L95

I don't think it would be too bad the the game was designed as if they expected the player to really abuse the mechanic. It could be that the "standard" mode of battle later in the game would be 2 vs. 1.

Fire Emblem: Bullying

Like how everyone thought pokemon R/S was full of double battles?

Kind of a different matter when we have evidence that you can activate the Double system at will in many situations.

I don't mean to go off topic, but if I were to import a European copy in the event of no US release, could I buy DLC? Would I have to use a credit card? Or the little prepaid cards?Or import prepaid cards?

Maybe the double system is affected by level?

You would also have to import a European 3DS, as the systems are region locked. That is, until the users find a way around it.

I don't think there's enough info to say anything about purchasing. It depends on how Nintendo's new service works. That Final Fantasy rhythm game is out on the 3DS, and I know importers have been playing it. Check out some reviews and see if they could access the DLC content.

Well, you said the two can switch places, right? So it can't just be that the main character has to have higher HP; otherwise, for any given pair, only one could be in charge. And Callum backs up Sumia when he has 21 HP to her 20, in the third image here.

Maybe mounted units get a bonus like with the Rescue system?

Otherwise, perhaps Double is disabled in the earlygame? I just noticed Krom doesn't have the Convoy option, which he has in other footage.