Why do Girls Want This?

Helios

Women don't need to be shielded - at all. Once men start treating them like true equals most of them will probably whine for a period about it being unromantic or some shit and then just get over it.

ON TO THE DISCUSSION AT HAND

WHY A GIRL WOULD WANT HER BEST FRIEND TO BE A MAN

Have you seen how females treat each other? Have you ever seen their fake smiles, fake laughs and fake enthusiasm? That's right, female hates female! Especially in their teens! Just look at Lumi and Freohr! The reason a girl would want a man for best friend is that all this girl crap is just not there.

WHY A GIRL WOULD WANT TO DATE A JACKASS

Because jackasses know what they want and get it. Girls in general don't and look to their boyfriends for the answer. And then break up with boys who don't really know where they want to go.

Discuss

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate just about everything though

hate until otherwise proven cool enough for not hate

Anyway, less-unsrs opinion on that protection bit.

It's pretty natural for significant others to be protective of each other instinctively, and nothing wrong with that. I don't particularly see what this chick needs protecting from, though. If it's something like bullying or harassment or threats of personal harm from those boys she wants protecting from, she should contact the authorities since that's pretty serious and she should not let the burden fall on this one guy. But from the sounds of it, these boys are pretty harmless. What are they gonna do, tease her? Grow a spine. Roll along the teasing or beat them up with a spatula.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

All right, let's dissect this shit and reply with what I would do if a girl was expecting me to do this stuff:

"I want a boy bestfriend who will call me beautiful,"

Depends. Am I going to be truthful or will it be like tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies?

"and like my photos on facebook, commenting them saying things such as the fact he's proud to have me as a bestfriend."

I don't have Facebook, so tough luck there girl.

"One that I can call up, crying about other boys, and him saying he'll beat the shit out of them for me."

Don't be stupid, girl. Violence is only a last resort, when every other method has been totally exhausted. Also if you phone me while I'm asleep, I will not be happy with you.

"A boy bestfriend who will drive me around like he's my big brother,"

I don't have a car yet, but if I did, whether or not I give you a lift would depend on my own plans for the day. If it's a fair distance, I won't ask for petrol money, but it would be nice if you at least offer.

"and kiss me on my cheek/forehead when he knows I'm upset."

If you're upset, I'll talk to you, maybe hug you, but kiss you? What would your boyfriend say about that?

"One who becomes friends with my boyfriend"

Depends. I'm a nice guy, but I know a dick when I meet one. I can tolerate but I won't ever call him a friend. Unless of course he is a good guy, then I have no complaints.

"and one who calls me up to see what I'm doing."

Well, bear in mind I don't even phone my own family much when I'm away at uni.

"I want a boy best friend who will tell me when I'm wrong, and force me into fixing things and apologizing because he knows that it will make things better for me."

I will tell you when you are wrong and how you you could fix it, but don't expect me to make sure you follow it through. And apologise, why?

"I just want a perfect boy best friend,"

You may not think of me as perfect, but if you're worth it, I can be a good friend.

"who will love me and protect me from all the other boys."

I'm not going to get my head kicked in for your mistakes, girl.

After all is said and done, you don't get something for nothing. If you want all of this stuff from one guy, then expect the guy, in due time, to become rebellious if its all take and no give. Given that some people are more than willing to do everything for nothing, I personally am not willing to do everything for nothing. It would feel like I'm being used.

After all is said and done, you don't get something for nothing. If you want all of this stuff from one guy, then expect the guy, in due time, to become rebellious if its all take and no give. Given that some people are more than willing to do everything for nothing, I personally am not willing to do everything for nothing. It would feel like I'm being used.

I think that's called slavery bro

Women like dis, men're like dis, hue hue hue

There are going to be as many different opinions and preferences for friends and partners as there are people in the world. Women and men can be attracted to anything from an upbeat-seeming person to a cocky-seeming person to a person who seems shameful or bashful, they all fulfill different perceptions of need. Saying "women/guys want ___" to me marginalizes whoever doesn't, and you can be sure as soon as you speak an absolute that somebody will pipe up and strike it down.

Women like dis, men're like dis, hue hue hue

There are going to be as many different opinions and preferences for friends and partners as there are people in the world. Women and men can be attracted to anything from an upbeat-seeming person to a cocky-seeming person to a person who seems shameful or bashful, they all fulfill different perceptions of need. Saying "women/guys want ___" to me marginalizes whoever doesn't, and you can be sure as soon as you speak an absolute that somebody will pipe up and strike it down.

Just because I use an absolute doesn't mean you have to take it as a 100% absolute. This is seriously one of the most annoying and retarded social programming issues ever.

I TALK ABOUT HUMANS.

THERE ARE ABOUT 6 BILLION OF THEM

WE HAVE VERY HIGH GENETIC DIVERSITY

SPEAKING ABSOLUTES ONLY APPLIES TO WHAT APPEARS TO THE SPEAKER AS A MAJORITY OF A CERTAIN GROUP

THANK YOU

Sorry man, should've added @nobody in particular to the beginning of that post, meant to speak to the general feeling of the thread rather than you specifically *thumbsup*

To be honest though, most girls I know actually date pretty nice guys and significantly varied. Maybe it's different depending on where you are (though I sort of doubt it's that much different), but I think the idea that women want men who will in some way give them direction, or something just isn't true. Like, I don't even know if there is any sort of blanket statement you can make that will be able to apply to anything even representing a majority or plurality or whatever. I mean obviously Excellen is just trying to provide possibilities, but yeah.

Basically my point is that I don't even think any of us can begin to pretend to know to any certain degree what other people are really looking for in relationships, so we can really only come up with possibilities. The important thing though is that the sentiment expressed in the OP is applied in a hideously one sided fashion.

Edited by Defeatist Elitist

As a female myself, I will say just one thing: 90% of females are stupid. Good luck being the 10% that's not.

And the girl who originally typed up the post you quoted in the OP sounds like one of those girls who needs a guy in shining armor. Good grief. I hate those types of girls. All of my friends who are girls are either "one of the guys" or at least not dependent on a guy to make them feel better. They don't need to be "shielded" like "delicate little flowers". That, or the girl in question is ... I don't know, 14 and knows nothing about friendship or romance or life.

wtf kind of generalization is that, lol? What percentage of men are stupid then? And where are you getting these statistics to begin with?

That's right, female hates female!

*cough*

All right, let's dissect this shit and reply with what I would do if a girl was expecting me to do this stuff:

"I want a boy bestfriend who will call me beautiful,"

Depends. Am I going to be truthful or will it be like tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies?

"and like my photos on facebook, commenting them saying things such as the fact he's proud to have me as a bestfriend."

I don't have Facebook, so tough luck there girl.

"One that I can call up, crying about other boys, and him saying he'll beat the shit out of them for me."

Don't be stupid, girl. Violence is only a last resort, when every other method has been totally exhausted. Also if you phone me while I'm asleep, I will not be happy with you.

"A boy bestfriend who will drive me around like he's my big brother,"

I don't have a car yet, but if I did, whether or not I give you a lift would depend on my own plans for the day. If it's a fair distance, I won't ask for petrol money, but it would be nice if you at least offer.

"and kiss me on my cheek/forehead when he knows I'm upset."

If you're upset, I'll talk to you, maybe hug you, but kiss you? What would your boyfriend say about that?

"One who becomes friends with my boyfriend"

Depends. I'm a nice guy, but I know a dick when I meet one. I can tolerate but I won't ever call him a friend. Unless of course he is a good guy, then I have no complaints.

"and one who calls me up to see what I'm doing."

Well, bear in mind I don't even phone my own family much when I'm away at uni.

"I want a boy best friend who will tell me when I'm wrong, and force me into fixing things and apologizing because he knows that it will make things better for me."

I will tell you when you are wrong and how you you could fix it, but don't expect me to make sure you follow it through. And apologise, why?

"I just want a perfect boy best friend,"

You may not think of me as perfect, but if you're worth it, I can be a good friend.

"who will love me and protect me from all the other boys."

I'm not going to get my head kicked in for your mistakes, girl.

This post looked like an audition to me since it was one of the first ones I read through completely after the OP.

Got a good laugh out of it :P:. Your girlfriend's gonna be jealous!

Edited by Tangerine

Both are roles you could fulfill if you put your mind to it and have the cash, Popo! I'll help out with the latter if you're determined.

Sorry, but I already have a gay best friend. :B):

This post looked like an audition to me since it was one of the first ones I read through completely after the OP.

Got a good laugh out of it :P:. Your girlfriend's gonna be jealous!

It was simply hypothetical, but I suppose it did sound like some sort of audition.

I would never allow myself to get into such a position with a girl, unless they were my girlfriend of course.

Glad you got a kick from it, lol.

fuck yeah jo handjobs

Someone has to hold the camera. I'm not saying it's a good job, but Joe needed me to help him make that extra bit of cash.

Edited by Tangerine

True. I guess they hate the notion of being single too much or something.

Which, unless they're doing it for status, doesn't make much sense. I'd prefer to be single than in such a detrimental relationship.

Then again, if you're doing it for status, you're trying to impress the wrong people.

Which, unless they're doing it for status, doesn't make much sense. I'd prefer to be single than in such a detrimental relationship.

Then again, if you're doing it for status, you're trying to impress the wrong people.

what if you're a concubine

Is that sexual tension I am sensing?