least favorite aspect so far?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like the character designs were pretty hit-or-miss. On one hand, I really like Frederick (lesexy~) and the two peggies' designs, and I'm fairly okay or neutral with most others, but then I still can't get behind Liz's hoop skirt or button hat and Soiree's lack of shoulder armour. Even though I'm really liking just about every other aspect of Soiree. It's not going to affect whether or not I use her, since I mostly likely will anyway, but I don't like that aspect of the design at all. Callum is pretty ridiculous too, but I can make rocketman jokes so I'll let it slide.

Also Liz's skinny chicken legs. They're like sticks, goddamn.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I could do without the zombies, I hate when they throw monsters into fire emblem. Although when I think about it they really aren't that much different than morphs. Anyways, I hope there is a good story behind them, but they're much better than fe2/fe8 monsters anyways! I'm also a bit annoyed by the mage hats, but after seeing the character portraits I'm not too concerned. It looks like we should have a few mages without the hats tho, like that dark mage girl.

I still don't understand what's wrong with monsters. It's just one of those things everyone hates for no reason.

Those mage hats are dumb, though. Fire Emblem shouldn't have to take design cues from Final Fantasy. Ditto on the Taguel, who look like FF-ified laguz from what I've seen.

Liz's hair is fucking horrible.

Aside from that I love the character design.

And I say "Fuck you two, go down some bleach!" back to them.

That's simply a matter of being biased for no reason rather than them being bad.

As for me, off the top of my head I think the only thing I'm really disappointed in is that there hasn't been a stateside release announced yet. :P: I think the new mechanics seem pretty interesting and like they'd be fun to mess around with. I also like how there appears to be some incentive to go Great Knight from Cavalier for important stat bonuses, since IIRC someone mentioned GK defense base is 7 above Cavs (haven't looked into some of the most recent things into much detail myself admittedly) or some shit and that's crazy. Hopefully the majority of the promotion branches will all have good reasons to go either way.

Edited by Dirk Strider

I don't know hwy are you hating on the music that much but to me it's really good (so please guys don't force your opinions). Why would anyone say Krom is generic ? because ha has blue hair ? he is a sword man ? TBH Krom to me is less generic than Leaf,Roy,Marth or Erika,Eliwood,Siglud and Celice, I see his as more of an Ike archtype.

everything is pretty cool so far except for....Callum.

whats wrong with callum?

i know his armor is a little on the large side.. but thats part of his charm ..no?

and one he promotes to have a horse he might even be a good unit.....

the second is the high probability that krom is going to replace ike in the next smash bros..

That's the one thing I'm looking forward the most, actually.

My least favourite aspect is this lingering fear that it still ultimately might turn out like Radiant Dawn, all promises of ambition and grandeur only to find out that the grandeur is dragging the game down and the ambition was there in the wrong places.

Stop saying "Callum". The right name is "Cullum". Callum is a boss in FE10.

I'm disappointed by the fact that Soiree is a girl. And I wish characters' clothes could be personnalizable.

does it really matter..? you still understood what we meant....

also i agree with your clothes thing.... what they could do is have armors as an item!then you could mix and mach colours and the like!itll never happen though...

That's the one thing I'm looking forward the most, actually.

My least favourite aspect is this lingering fear that it still ultimately might turn out like Radiant Dawn, all promises of ambition and grandeur only to find out that the grandeur is dragging the game down and the ambition was there in the wrong places.

No way Ike is to awesome to be replaced....

I still don't understand what's wrong with monsters. It's just one of those things everyone hates for no reason.
I think it's a combination that monster classes often use unique weapons that fall outside the weapon triangles, reducing the levels of tactics you can use to beat them, and the FE8 ones having just horribly low stats removing a lot of the challenge. Plus it's a bunch of classes the player never gets access to.

So far the monsters here just appear to be zombie/demon people who use the regular classes, so that should address any issues along those lines :M

I think it's a combination that monster classes often use unique weapons that fall outside the weapon triangles, reducing the levels of tactics you can use to beat them, and the FE8 ones having just horribly low stats removing a lot of the challenge.

People say this, but FE8 monsters had very similar base stats and growths to FE7 human enemies. If they were easier, it was due to a combination of other factors such as:

-Powerful S Rank weapons that ensured easy ORKOes

-Lower enemy stats in general due to reduced HM bonuses

-Fewer enemy magic users

-Having weaker weapons?

-Lower levels?

I don't really know about those last two since I'm not familiar with lategame FE7 stats.

People say this, but FE8 monsters had very similar base stats and growths to FE7 human enemies. If they were easier, it was due to a combination of other factors such as:

-Powerful S Rank weapons that ensured easy ORKOes

-Lower enemy stats in general due to reduced HM bonuses

-Fewer enemy magic users

-Having weaker weapons?

-Lower levels?

I don't really know about those last two since I'm not familiar with lategame FE7 stats.

Character growths in general were higher too, I think.

-Having weaker weapons?

-Lower levels?

These two, one is right, one isn't. There were a few strong weapons on enemies in the later levels, but most of the time, they were just steel and iron weapons. Until, like, final, where every enemy had steel and silver and stuff.

But, the lower levels was definitely a thing. Promoted enemies in FE8 didn't level at all (and when they did, their growths and bases were shit), and it made them ridiculously easy times. Only chapter 19 causes any trouble with its promoted units, and that's only because of how many there are.

Edited by seph1212

I recall there was some change with how promoted enemies' stats were handled in FE8 compared to FE7 that gave the FE8 promoted enemies lower stats, even at the same levels. Which affects all enemies, not just the monsters.

I already hate Liz and I know that my hatred for her is only going to grow even more.

I'm not sure if I should hate or like Liz at this point. Part of me wants to hate her, but her design reminds of Ashlotte from Soul Calibur 4, and I liked Ashlotte.