least favorite aspect so far?

Well, it's probaby a valid concern to wonder how many blue-haired, sword fighting Fire Emblem lords could be in Smash Bros before it looks silly. Plus, the series doesn't give many ideas for moves and special attacks.

Also I don't really get the complaints about the hats. Fire Emblem mages always had such hats. That's really nothing new. Maybe FE10 didn't use them but they are everywhere else.

What I'm worried about is the voice-acting. Regardless of whether one likes this style or not (Personally I think the series isn't isn't over the top enough to work, but whatever), there is a good chance it gets messed up during localization.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I don't really get the complaints about the hats. Fire Emblem mages always had such hats. That's really nothing new. Maybe FE10 didn't use them but they are everywhere else.

[spoiler=Not really...]

Looking through the site, these mages don't have hats:

Merric

Linde

Elleran

Azel

Levin

Tiltyu

Arthur/Amid

Tinny/Linda

Asvel

Olwen

Salem

Homer

Eyrios

Miranda

Lugh

Ray

Sophia

Hugh

Erk

Lucius

Canas

Pent

Nino

Renault

Artur

Lute

Saleh

Ewan

This is excluding Tellius since you mentioned FE10, and that's still the grand majority of mages.

The hats goes most of the time off after promotion, but mages are usually always displayed with hats. Mages in PoR also had those hats unless they were using a special model. So Tormod wears one but not Soren.

Those aren't really hats, they're more like hoods.

That's true but ultimately it comes down to "silly thing on the head". And I don't think that a more traditional witch hat looks less fitting then what we got already But in retro-respect my post was kind of redundant anyway. I got the impression that there were a lot more complaints about the hats when I first read trough the thread but now that I went through it again, that impression doesn't seem to stand the test of reality.

[spoiler=Not really...]

Looking through the site, these mages don't have hats:

Merric

Linde

Elleran

Azel

Levin

Tiltyu

Arthur/Amid

Tinny/Linda

Asvel

Olwen

Salem

Homer

Eyrios

Miranda

Lugh

Ray

Sophia

Hugh

Erk

Lucius

Canas

Pent

Nino

Renault

Artur

Lute

Saleh

Ewan

This is excluding Tellius since you mentioned FE10, and that's still the grand majority of mages.

Marich.png

marich.gif

This was the first mage in this game's history, at that. It's a fairly pointy hat.

Edited by Mercenary Raven

Those aren't hats, though, those are hoods.

I mean, Wendell and Boah have hats too, but they're cool pimp bishop hats instead of pointy witch hats.

Gotoh has one as well. I think except Linde, every FE1 magic user who starts as a class that can use tomes has a hat. Though Linde has a hairband so I guess that can count too.

Those aren't hats, though, those are hoods.

I mean, Wendell and Boah have hats too, but they're cool pimp bishop hats instead of pointy witch hats.

Yeah but they're still pointy, which is the more important part.

just to throw my 2 cents in, imo there's a world of difference between a generic witch's hat and the hoods that have been in the series up until now.

I agree. Hoods are sort of generic. A witch hat is, well, just that. It comes along with whatever being a witch implies.

We've only seen two mages wear them (Rihito and Miriel, I think?) and IIRC they're both from Iris, so maybe it's an Iris thing. The goth-looking girl (Saria?) is a mage too, but she isn't wearing a hat.

Anyway, I disliked some character designs at first (Liz's and Soiree's, mostly), but they're growing on me. Lack of Anima triangle sucks, I guess.

Edited by mai

I don't know about that, but the enemy stats listed on this site give similar numbers for FE8 and FE7 enemies:

In NM, for promoted enemies below a certain level (I think it was 3, inclusive), they're not leveled up in the same way as promoted enemies in the rest of the series, so their stats were essentially their base stats. Which are pretty low.

In NM, for promoted enemies below a certain level (I think it was 3, inclusive), they're not leveled up in the same way as promoted enemies in the rest of the series, so their stats were essentially their base stats. Which are pretty low.

Yeah, that's what I remember hearing about. But if it's so limited in relevance, it sounds like it's not such a big issue. Which is good to hear.