Which game in the series had the best music for its time?

Crimson

54 members have voted

1. 1. So what do you think?

• FE1
    • FE2
    • FE3
    • FE4
    • FE5
    • FE6
    • FE7
    • FE8
    • FE9
    • FE10
    • FE11
    • FE12

So which game in the series do you think had the best music for its time?

For me I'd pick the third one because it really manages to pull off really war-like music in a super famicom game! biggrin.gif It's also the first game in the series to truly have music like this!

I never judge things in relation to time, but I'd say FE4 has the best music in the series as a whole, so it easily wins here as well.

Berwick Saga's music is even better though.

FE6 still has my favorite FE music

I love Roy's theme song in the first half of the game. It's so upbeat! (I think it's called 'Beyond the Sky' or something like that?) Also, Winning Road is awesome too. :3

To be honest though, I never listen to FE music outside of actually playing FE games. Most of the music is acceptable in-game, but it's never something I want to listen to later. >o<

Edited by Popo

So which game in the series do you think had the best music for its time?

For me I'd pick the third one because it really manages to pull off really war-like music in a super famicom game! biggrin.gif It's also the first game in the series to truly have music like this!

There's an orchestral-like remake of some of the game's soundtrack that you might be interested in, if you haven't heard of it before. It might even be linked to or available on the Serenes Forest website.

FE4, 6, 7, 9 and 10 are at the top for me.

But FE4 is almost only limited to the map and battle themes, most other songs aren't that great.

FE 6 had some good songs, and it has For The Commanders, and that song alone makes it win over the other GBAFE games. Though, FE7's was better overall, becuase the quality was better.

But in terms of melodies and all, 6 was better.

FE 9 and 10 has the obvious best quality songs, and the songs themselves are also pretty good. I'm a fan of both. FE 10's songs are better for the most, but FE 9 has a more FE feel to them.

I'm gonna pick FE 9 for best one.

There's an orchestral-like remake of some of the game's soundtrack that you might be interested in, if you haven't heard of it before. It might even be linked to or available on the Serenes Forest website.

Okaay...well I'm talking strictly of the original, in-game soundtrack as opposed to arrangements or remixes.

I voted for FE4: it's just really good, even if it is a slightly obvious choice. However the only other FE soundtrack I have saved on my computer is FE2 and I think that it's actually a very close runner up: I always like the focus, clarity and clear timing definition of 8-bit music and FE2's soundtrack has some excellent tunes. My favourite of the library is Chapter 4: Land of Sorrow but I also really like the map themes for Alm's side, Celica's side and the final battle, as well as the player battle theme.

• 3 weeks later...