Next console Fire Emblem? (not the DS one)

SilverSilence

What would you like to see in the next implementation of the Fire Emblem Series?

I would like to see a greater range of promotion variations. Think like Sacred Stones but separate the variations to be a: Powerful unit that boasts in HP, MT, and DEF; Agile unit boasting in Skill and Speed; Magical Fighter unit - able to fight with Attack or Magic and good DEF and RES and able to wield some magic and weapons; Adept unit that possesses good all-round ability and skills.

Not only that but they all would possess their own variation of a Master Skill.

Tier 1 - Tier 2: Status - Tier 3: Power

----------------: Skilled-------------: Agility

----------------------------------------: Magic Fighter

----------------------------------------: Adept

Something like that.

Throw those ideas out people. ^_^

Well... I have an idea for one...

Soldier-Halberdier-Sentinel

Soldier-Halberdier-Lancer

Soldier-Bowman-Elite

Soldier-Bowman-Lancer

Archer-Sniper-Marksman

Archer-Sniper-Sharpshooter

Archer-Bowman-Elite

Archer-Bowman-Lancer

Fighter-Warrior-Reaver

Fighter-Warrior-Elite

Fighter-Halberdier-Sentinel

Fighter-Halberdier-Lancer

Myrmidon-SwordMaster-SwordSaint

Myrmidon-SwordMaster-ArchBlade

Myrmidon-Warrior-Reaver

Myrmidon-Warrior-Elite

Soldier-Lance

Halberdier-Lance, Axe

Sentinel-Lance, Axe

Lancer-Lance, Axe

Bowman-Lance, Bow

Elite-Lance, Bow, Axe, Sword

Archer-Bow

Sniper-Bow

MarksMan-Bow

SharpShooter-Bow, Sword

Bowman-Bow, Lance

Elite-Bow, Lance, Sword, Axe

Fighter-Axe

Warrior-Axe, Bow, Sword

Reaver-Axe, Bow, Sword

Elite-Axe, Bow, Sword, Lance

Halberdier-Axe, Lance

Sentinel-Axe, Lance

Lancer-Axe, Lance

Myrmidon-Sword

SwordMaster-Sword

SwordSaint-Sword

ArchBlade-Sword, Bow

Warrior-Sword, Bow, Axe

Reaver-Sword, Bow, Axe

Elite-Sword, Bow, Axe, Lance

Yeah, I changed some existing class' weapons and made some wierd possible promotions but I think that it's quite good actually. Also, the first weapon in the order is the weapon they can SS, then the weapon they can S, then A, and finally B.

• 4 months later...

Celica and Mikaya are wonderful magic users. Although, many non-JAP players are spoiled by easy games as of late, and so, Mikaya may feel like crap compared to other characters in later games. Mikaya with staffs and Light magic, along with the ability to heal everything with her health, and Celica for good stats, all magic, including Holy, which sincerely fucks up all the undead on her side of the map, and your standard fire and healing stuff, along with her sword.

more dark magic and just more magic in general. The main lord should use bows!

Fire Emblem has never given you many Dark Mages. The first playable one appeared in Thracia (FE5) in the form of Salem or whatever his name was, and wasn't too good. Then Fuuin (FE6) gave you three: Ray, Sophia, and Neimi. Can't complain here. Then Rekka (FE7) gave you Canas and Athos. Seima (FE8) Noel and Yuan (Knoll and Ewan). Souen (FE9) had none for its story. And Akatsuki (FE10) gave you one. I can see you wanting more, but they've only been available for half the series, and really aren't all that good. They're meant to be enemy-only. The remake likely won't give you any.

Alm and Lyn use bows upon promotion. While it may be nice, it's not practical to have a Lord use only bows, nor does it suit a character of high standing, which usually describes each lord. It's characterized for younger characters, without too grand a background usually.

I want supports to go back to how they were, and with that they need to focus more on character development.

Why wouldn't they? You know in-depth supports in Akatsuki weren't so easy to implement with the story, let alone 72 individual characters.

Third-tiers are a nice novelty, but they worked only for Akatsuki due to the story and timeline. It's over, and I hope it doesn't come back in normal games. Although Gaiden did it sort of well, but that's kinda in the same boat as Akatsuki: that long of a siege and that kind of a war, you'd expect Alm and his crew to bolster up. 'Sides, that one's allowed to be different :[

Celica and Mikaya are wonderful magic users. Although, many non-JAP players are spoiled by easy games as of late, and so, Mikaya may feel like crap compared to other characters in later games. Mikaya with staffs and Light magic, along with the ability to heal everything with her health, and Celica for good stats, all magic, including Holy, which sincerely fucks up all the undead on her side of the map, and your standard fire and healing stuff, along with her sword.

Fire Emblem has never given you many Dark Mages. The first playable one appeared in Thracia (FE5) in the form of Salem or whatever his name was, and wasn't too good. Then Fuuin (FE6) gave you three: Ray, Sophia, and Neimi. Can't complain here. Then Rekka (FE7) gave you Canas and Athos. Seima (FE8) Noel and Yuan (Knoll and Ewan). Souen (FE9) had none for its story. And Akatsuki (FE10) gave you one. I can see you wanting more, but they've only been available for half the series, and really aren't all that good. They're meant to be enemy-only. The remake likely won't give you any.

Alm and Lyn use bows upon promotion. While it may be nice, it's not practical to have a Lord use only bows, nor does it suit a character of high standing, which usually describes each lord. It's characterized for younger characters, without too grand a background usually.

Why wouldn't they? You know in-depth supports in Akatsuki weren't so easy to implement with the story, let alone 72 individual characters.

Third-tiers are a nice novelty, but they worked only for Akatsuki due to the story and timeline. It's over, and I hope it doesn't come back in normal games. Although Gaiden did it sort of well, but that's kinda in the same boat as Akatsuki: that long of a siege and that kind of a war, you'd expect Alm and his crew to bolster up. 'Sides, that one's allowed to be different :[

Third-tier is nice... why wouldn't they use that again? I agree, Radiant Dawn was saturated with bad characters (mostly Laguz). But I've heard that the Japanese games have some pretty oversaturated crappy characters as well...

more dark magic and just more magic in general. The main lord should use bows!

No, no! Bows... Could you imagine the first chapter when it's more than likely just the Lord and the Jeigan? You will be forced to use him because more than likely, your lord would get surrounded by enemies early on if he isn't able to kill an enemy with one turn. It would be a nightmare...

The main lord should have a bow only if they change how bows work. As long as bows cannot attack units that are adjacent to the user, they have no place being the main weapon of the main character.

Anyway, I'd like to see the branching promotions be used again as well, like in Sacred Stones. I enjoy the customization it gives me to my party.

well for one, talk about bumping...

anyway, my little bows theory probably isn't a good idea after all, but the magic thing still stands

how about a magic/sword unit? i think that would be awesome. i don't think they'd do it though, so its just wishful thinking

... Celica already did that. As did other units in Gaiden.

TearRing Saga is clearly a complete rip-off of the FE series. dry.gif

As Vince said, it's a product of the creator of Fire Emblem. It's Fire Emblem in a different skin. Technically it's a rip-off, but that's like saying the Wonderswan is a ripoff of GameBoy. Yeah--they're from the same person.

I need to get into TearRing Saga sometime again. Farthest I got was the second or third chapter before I stopped, due to a crappy computer :o

They should make an FE witch the Dark users aren't bad like in RD...

I hate the common view of Dark = Bad/Satanic etc... WTFH ¬¬ is the counter of Light, as Water is the counter of Fire.

Well I would like a Bow user lord, they could make his PFR weapon have range 2 and counter on 1-2...

And Yes, Micaiah, is an Awsome lord... If you had more time with her, she would be even better...

And YES I use her as a killer and not waste her potential as just a healer... I let that with Elincia/Laura and the ArcSages when is needed.

Edited by Gemini-Saga

maybe laguz units that can also use a weapon.

I personally wouldn't like to see Laguz again. I see them as too Jeigan-like. I never use them, anyway...

What I really want to see in the next Fire Emblem. The return of FE7-esque sidechapters. You know, where they have occassionally strange requirements, like all the NPC's surviving or getting enough experience.

Also, who wants to see the ability for two units to switch positions?

Also, who wants to see the ability for two units to switch positions?

you and me both. That's something we've both wanted for a while. It would be a good addition IMO

What I really want to see in the next Fire Emblem. The return of FE7-esque sidechapters. You know, where they have occassionally strange requirements, like all the NPC's surviving or getting enough experience.

Yes and supports. They should have an ending for all characters that get A supports together.

Edited by killaGAW