Rate the Unit, Day 16: Saul

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's got no horse, but higher base level than Clarine and good base staff rank. Starting level is 5, which means he's only 5 levels away from promotion. while his mag base is still a measley 4, it's better than Ellen and Clarine's, and his mag growth is not terrible either.

While he has bad luck, what the hell are you doing letting him getting hit, especially by high-crit enemies? You gotta be doing it super wrong for that to happen. 6.5/10.

He's all right. Apart from not having a horse, he has the best Mag growth of all the healers

This is just nitpicking, but Ellen's growth is 10% higher. I think the word you're looking for is base here, since he has 3 over Ellen and 2 over Clarine's bases.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

2wmp6bd.gif

I love you

Saul's a pretty cool guy who's also pretty funny. He probably has a more balanced stat spread than Ellen or Clarine... well, aside from his horrific luck. The Handsome Lech in every game always has that curse though. No pony, but at least he's versatile, and is your best choice for a Light magic user should you bother with that (not to mention his competition for a Guiding Ring).

7.5/10, including .5 bias

While he has bad luck, what the hell are you doing letting him getting hit, especially by high-crit enemies? You gotta be doing it super wrong for that to happen. 6.5/10.

You're right. However (and I'm not going to pretend to speak for anyone else here), I've had one run too many end in failure thanks to you-know-what...

Get better positioning next time.

I didn't say it was in FE6, but either way, the fact remains that I'm extremely paranoid about critical hits.

My point stands. Get better positioning next time. It applies to every FE game. It's one thing if said unit is a melee unit and has to take hits, it's another if you're getting support hit outside of minimal-risk strategical placements as a diversion (and more exp for another support).

Well yeah but bases are a stat too unless he only needs 7 to warp 14x/16x but he has 8 anyway

Niime is Niime anyway no other staffer can be as cool as Niime

Edited by Luminescent Blade

8/10 good warpbot and epic .gif

P.S. In all my years on the internet, I've never seen anyone else sperg so hard and so much about things that were 99% his own fault.

P.S. In all my years on the internet, I've never seen anyone else sperg so hard and so much about things that were 99% his own fault.

And I've never seen one so adept at missing the point entirely.

Edited by Metal King Slime

Saul is pretty great for all the reasons others have listed. He's not on a horse, and maybe that doesn't matter as much as I think it does but... I think it matters. Better than Ellen in every meaningful way, he's at least the second best early game healer (and if I'm wrong, better than Clarine as well). Higher level and staff rank do help simply because it takes forever and a day to give healers exp.

I'm a big fan of Saul and I generally use him ('cause what else am I using guiding rings on?). He's got 14 AS at 10/1. That's pretty cool even if a sufficiently fast player probably isn't using him for combat at all.

And I've never seen one so adept at missing the point entirely.

what MKS thinks he's doing: making a point

what other people think he's doing: Emot-spergin.png as usual

I mean, if you let your healer get attacked and he dies to a crit... you've really only yourself to blame!

what MKS thinks he's doing: making a point

what other people think he's doing: Emot-spergin.png as usual

I mean, if you let your healer get attacked and he dies to a crit... you've really only yourself to blame!

Well, as I see it, healer or not, if my unit dies to a crit, I'm restarting regardless. I won't pursue the point any further since it's unnecessary.

Gonna ask you for a bit more here, friend.

Not much to say. He's a staff-user which is always a plus. He comes a bit later than Ellen but with better bases and staff rank, plus a more balanced growth spread. Would like to be mounted but then again so would everyone.

My point stands. Get better positioning next time. It applies to every FE game. It's one thing if said unit is a melee unit and has to take hits, it's another if you're getting support hit outside of minimal-risk strategical placements as a diversion (and more exp for another support).

If a unit can't take hits, if every time they enter combat they have a CoD, it's perfectly reasonable to penalise them regardless of what their role is. That doesn't mean every staff users has to be Douglas, but they should at least be able to not die instantly.

That being said, as poor as Saul's durability is, it's still leagues better than hahaha Clarine or lololol Ellen.

Reasonable stats and a decent joining time. His luck blows, but he's got some speed and doesn't snap in two at the first sight of danger. His supports are all pretty stinky, although hilarious and quite a few people want Guiding rings. Still, not bad.

7/10, +1 for being Alec's spiritual successor and probably Sain's cousin or something.

Saul is a pretty cool guy

He starts with C staves, and is the best user of the warp staff until Niime shows up, which isn't for a while.

That asides, he doesn't do anything special except warp. his low luck is a detriment if you have him attack stuff I guess, but he's not very good at that so why bother.

8/10

Sain as a priest, but not as awesome. Still hilarious, though.

Comes with a mend staff, which is helpful, and has great growths. Not as useful as Clarine, but he's better than Ellen.

7/10, but +1 bias due to personality. 8/10.

And now for the best picture(s) ever

2wmp6bd.gif

35lwaa0.gif

OMG, That is awesome...XD.gif

Anyways, I like Saul as a unit. He outranks Clarine in Magic and he is an all around good healer. His Staff Rank is pretty decent too... Also the best candidate for the Aureola tome!

I give him a 9/10, with +1 Pt Bias!