DUESSEL WHAT DID YOU DO?

marcus90

Yeah, I once had Eliwood with 3 health and a Killing Edge and on a forest dodge 5 Wyvern Riders on the Vaida chapter, and ORKO them all.

He dodged 80% hits? Have you got any proof of what you say (I have)

Why lie about such stuff? I believe him.

There was also this time Rebecca became one of my best units. Oh wait, that's every time I use her. Nevermind.

Why lie about such stuff? I believe him.

There was also this time Rebecca became one of my best units. Oh wait, that's every time I use her. Nevermind.

Out of curiosity, how are your other units so bad at enemy phase that her utter lack of one doesn't prevent her from being one of your best units?

1/10 shit happens and audio is way out of sync and also sucks

Out of curiosity, how are your other units so bad at enemy phase that her utter lack of one doesn't prevent her from being one of your best units?

Rebecca can tank infinite units with a chokepoint; it's not hard to dodge the one attacker she doesn't counter and everything else gets stuck. Can you say the same for Raven? I don't think so!

EDIT: Even Holy Marcus can get overwhelmed in a situation like this, but nosiree Rebecca can't.

Edited by Integrity

Rebecca can tank infinite units with a chokepoint; it's not hard to dodge the one attacker she doesn't counter and everything else gets stuck. Can you say the same for Raven? I don't think so!

EDIT: Even Holy Marcus can get overwhelmed in a situation like this, but nosiree Rebecca can't.

The Japanese call that yattsukemake

Which is kinda "you kill, you lose"

1/10 shit happens and audio is way out of sync and also sucks

So Unequip? I suppose Rebecca can at least murder things that attack two range from beyond the choke point. I know I did that lots with Lyn after she promoted. Good times. Poor mages.

nice audio desync and frame rate bro

Ah, but you see, her lack of enemy phase is her strength. You see, if you kill enemies, other units can't kill them and can't get the experience! And that would mean you're STEALING EXP (which as we all know is the worst thing you can do in FE)!

Yeah man it's all about SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats).

Let's use the SWOT analysis model on Rebecca.

Strengths:

Stats-wise one of the best units of the game, if you put some effort into the initial stages of levelling her up. Great evade and more than enough strength to take down any enemy who isn't armoured makes her a formidable unit when it comes to 1v1 combat. Not even using a Steel Bow stops her from doubling most enemies from mid-game onwards.

Weaknesses:

As everyone knows, it's the lack of 1-range is the largest, and arguably the only weakness here. The defenses aren't really formidable, but with such great evade she doesn't rely on her defenses much anyway. Let's say evasiveness is Rebecca's defense.

Opportunities:

Here we come to external factors which Rebecca is able to take advantage of, and are thus opportunities for Rebecca to take easily. As Integrity mentioned above, simply evading that one melee unit creates a perfect opportunity to force every other 2-range aggressive enemy unit into attacking her at 2-range, thus turning Rebecca into a machine of murderous proportions throughout enemy phase in such situations. That's just one example. Walls are just as useful to stop enemies getting into 1-range of Rebecca. Sometimes, placing Rebecca in range of 1-range attack can be a strategic advantage.

Threats:

Threats are external uncontrollable factors in which you either evade if possible or tackle using whatever means are available. For example, a powerful enemy with a great hit rate would be a threat to Rebecca, however such threats are few and far between - usually reserved for promoted chapter bosses and final chapter enemies. A map with next to no ranged enemies could be a threat, but hopefully the tactician is not a numpty who would put Rebecca on the front lines in such a map anyway, therefore eliminating the threat.

but hopefully the tactician is not a numpty who would put Rebecca on the front lines in such a map anyway, therefore eliminating the threat.

But this is the entire problem. How can she be one of the best units when there are so many times you have to keep her from doing anything? I'll be the first to admit that from time to time you can manipulate choke points into allowing a bow unit to go on a murder spree on enemy phase. I've done it with Lyn. But compared to the number of situations where you have to hide a 2 range lock unit so that everyone else does stuff, I just don't see how she can be one of the best when she's only useful for a little more than half the time (Half being player phase, and I'm being generous there because player phase shouldn't be worth half, and the rest is the few times you can manipulate choke points to murder 1-2 and 2 range enemies).

As Integrity mentioned above

Integ was being sarcastic, btw. I'm the one that pointed out you can create a situation where you can "force every other 2-range aggressive enemy unit into attacking her at 2-range".

Edited by Narga_Rocks

But this is the entire problem. How can she be one of the best units when there are so many times you have to keep her from doing anything? I'll be the first to admit that from time to time you can manipulate choke points into allowing a bow unit to go on a murder spree on enemy phase. I've done it with Lyn. But compared to the number of situations where you have to hide a 2 range lock unit so that everyone else does stuff, I just don't see how she can be one of the best when she's only useful for a little more than half the time (Half being player phase, and I'm being generous there because player phase shouldn't be worth half, and the rest is the few times you can manipulate choke points to murder 1-2 and 2 range enemies).

Integ was being sarcastic, btw. I'm the one that pointed out you can create a situation where you can "force every other 2-range aggressive enemy unit into attacking her at 2-range".

I see, I thought it was Integ who first implied it, but you're right.

Rebecca may not be one of the best units due to lack of 1-range, but she does end up as one of my best units through slight favouritism and using her in every situation she would perform well in. A unit is only bad if you place them in the wrong situation. Based off that, Rebecca does amazingly well in every situation I put her in, and that's why I deem her as one of the best units, because she does exactly what I want her to do, every time, without fail.