Advice

ZemZem

Who should I use in Gen 1 of FE4? Sigurd's a no-brainer, and I hear Ethlin's really, REALLY good at what she does, but who else should I use? Any recommendations?

Also, for the generation system, who should I support for the units in Gen 2?

The good thing about FE4 is that you can use everyone. There's no deployment limit in FE4, you can use every unit. I recommend spending more of your effort on the fathers, mothers, and Sigurd, to benefit the children.

The good thing about FE4 is that you can use everyone. There's no deployment limit in FE4, you can use every unit. I recommend spending more of your effort on the fathers, mothers, and Sigurd, to benefit the children.

Seriously, seriously, a thousand times this. I say it for all the FEs, but it goes double for FE4. You have no excuse for not just using every single unit you like.

For pairings just go with it and pair units you like. If you're really, really stuck (i.e. have critical nondecisionmaking skills) check the events page and see what three conversations each gal can have in chapter 5 and pick your favorite characters from those. FE4 isn't a particularly difficult game, and it never becomes even close to impossible as long as you level Sigurd/Celice.

EDIT: And anyway, enough of the children are amazing fixed characters (Ares, Fin, Shanan, arguably Leaf), close to unfuckable (Lakche, Skasaher, Lana, Fee) or even quite seriously unfuckable (Sety, possibly Fee) that pairing your mothers with anybody you damned well feel like is guaranteed to still produce some good children.

EDIT2: Hell, even not pairing any of your mothers leaves you with a perfectly usable team for Final, if you're not too concerned with MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY.

Edited by Integrity

I think the only thing OP needs to worry about is those secret events. Having Cuan talk to Fin in Ch. 2 for the Hero Lance (well, OK, that's not so secret, you can see it in the character's stats menu), Lex's Hero Axe, Arden's Pursuit Ring, etc. etc.

You can deploy everyone in FE4, so don't worry about not being able to deploy everyone. Just keep in mind that Ethlin, Cuan, and Finn will all leave after Ch. 3. And you might want to play fast or wait after a certain number of turns in Ch. 3 if you don't want Bridget or Tiltyu to be paired with Finn. (They don't have to be near each other to become lovers.)

As for pairs, Aideen X Midir is easily Aideen's best pair since Lester needs Pursuit and the Brave Bow is nice too. Jamuka may make a nice alternative, but Lester would have to take the Pursuit Ring if Aideen X Jamuka is made.

You can't really go wrong with most of Ayra's pairs, but you'll want to give her someone without Pursuit to take advantage of the built-in Pursuit skill her children's classes have. Lex and Holyn are both seen as favorable, but people like Noce and Dew aren't slouches either in regards to Ayra's pairs.

Lachesis wants someone with Pursuit as a pairing partner. Usually Beowulf or Finn are preferred. Azel and Alec would be fine too.

Fury is almost as Flexible as Ayra for much of the same reasons. You can give her the canonical Levin X Fury so Sety will get Holsety. Although other options like Claude, Noce, or Lex can be considered too.

Bridget is a little tricky to work with when benefiting both of her kids. Most of her pairs benefit Faval usually due to Ichival, and the fact that Patty doesn't have great base stats no matter the father. Azel can be made use of due to Fala blood and a well placed magic sword (like the Sonic Sword) helping Patty out. Beowulf also helps too. Holyn can do so too with B swords, but she'll need the Pursuit Ring and Luna doesn't activate as often as it should on her.

Tiltyu gives birth to two mages. And as such would like someone with Pursuit as a spouse. Azel definitely helps due to Pursuit and Fala blood. Levin gives you access to Holsety early on in Part 2 though Arthur could use the Pursuit ring. Finn, Midir, and Beowulf also make fine alternatives. Lex could too, with his Vantage, but I don't really like his pair with Tiltyu due to no Pursuit.

Corple sucks no matter who Sylvia is paired with. All versions of Lynn are generally the same as well. To get the most use out of Corple though, consider either Claude, Lex, or Dew. Claude for Valk staff and staff inheritence, Lex to help Corple grow more easily, or Dew to help Corple obtain staves more easily than normal. Or have Sylvia remain unpaired or die so you can get Layla and Sharlow.

But all in all, it's all up to you anyways.

I think the only thing OP needs to worry about is those secret events. Having Cuan talk to Fin in Ch. 2 for the Hero Lance (well, OK, that's not so secret, you can see it in the character's stats menu), Lex's Hero Axe, Arden's Pursuit Ring, etc. etc.

So actually the best advice to give is "skim the FEWOD page for each chapter before you start it"? :P

I like it.

You can use anyone in Gen 1 with no penalty (except for trivial things like divided EXP and cramped roads). Ideally though, you should give more exp to characters who have children in the next gen as well as any characters you plan on pairing up (in order to up the Gen 2 children's bases). So even though Sigurd, Diadora, Cuan, and Ethlin will always have children, you should level them up so that the children's bases will be higher in Gen 2. Also, all females should be levelled up as well if you want good bases. Yuria will not be affected by Diadora's bases though, so keep that in mind.

Gen 2 lovers are nowhere near as important as Gen 1 since there's no offspring. But you do get permanent stat boosts at a certain point if your characters are paired up in Gen 2 and you have them talk to each other.

I agree. These things won't spoil anything important and you'll be prepared to what's to come. Well, at least this page won't spoil anything plot-wise.

You can use any unit you want, everyone's useful in their own way. Chances are you'll be using all your units since FE4 has big chapters and a lot of enemies.

I agree. These things won't spoil anything important and you'll be prepared to what's to come. Well, at least this page won't spoil anything plot-wise.

You can use any unit you want, everyone's useful in their own way. Chances are you'll be using all your units since FE4 has big chapters and a lot of enemies.

It does to an extent. The names of certain people and places are themselves spoilers, especially towards the end of the list.

Seriously, the advice I have when it comes to FE4 is, deploy anyone you like and remember where the secret items are. Basically, because you always have Aless, Shannan, Leaf, and Celice in G2, you will always be capable of at least finishing G2 (because those four guys are essentially fixed and almost incapable of getting too messed up). Also, if you pair everyone, some children, regardless of their father will be good (read Sety and Lakche).

But I would focus first on training the people you want to use as pairings.

even quite seriously unfuckable (Sety, possibly Fee) that pairing your mothers with anybody you damned well feel like is guaranteed to still produce some good children.

Ha, I remember Azel!Fee. That is definately an example of fuckery. It's BAD.

Like, "I have 16 strength on average and I can't make up for it with Flying Libro like Claude" bad.

Ha, I remember Azel!Fee. That is definately an example of fuckery. It's BAD.

Like, "I have 16 strength on average and I can't make up for it with Flying Libro like Claude" bad.

azel!fee is amazing what are you talking about

thunder sword EVERYTHING

Be sure to hit up the in castle arena with every character as far is they can go every chapter it's practically a must . Oh and seriously check for events every chapter I missed an exremely powerful weapon called holsety my first time playing . Also You can't go wrong with using every character . It's basically how the game was meant to played .

azel!fee is amazing what are you talking about

thunder sword EVERYTHING

fireemblem4seisennokeifa.png

It's a sad day when Patty has more strength than you.

Don't forget that the arena doesn't kill people, and you can save every turn!

fireemblem4seisennokeifa.png

It's a sad day when Patty has more strength than you.

Don't forget that the arena doesn't kill people, and you can save every turn!

that's what that wind sword is for, silly!

that's what that wind sword is for, silly!

You little scamp! That wind sword isn't hurting anyone! Especially with only the power of pursuit!

Could've given her a magic sword?

I had Holsety Skasaher with all the magic swords why would I do that. But yeah, that would've worked. 21 Magic is nice, and doubling with pursuit is too, but she probably won't actually get to kill anything that isn't weakened.

I had Holsety Skasaher with all the magic swords why would I do that. But yeah, that would've worked. 21 Magic is nice, and doubling with pursuit is too, but she probably won't actually get to kill anything that isn't weakened.

A melee unit really only needs one magic sword to take advantage of something like good magic for his or her class. The Light Brand, Sonic Sword, Levin Sword, and Salamand Sword are all easily usable.

Always keep a separate save file at the beginning of your current map, another one for saving after every seize, and another one for saving every turn. There's no "Restart Chapter" option in this game, and if you only save every turn and you run into a situation where you're about to get a Game Over and can't solve it (which is likely if you're playing blind), then you're screwed. You're forced to start from the very beginning.

Save states don't hurt, either.