Dumb Question Amnesty

Elieson

I don't think it's necessary to troll on the interwebz, it's necessary to troll everyone, everywhere. I just enjoy being snarky and stuff. It's fun.

My question: Why are people so damn passive aggressive? I know they may not like conflict, but don't they realize the longer it goes on, the worse it gets.

They don't want to be "the aggressor" and the one who starts the fight, but are still upset and want to get back at the person. They're probably being too dumb or immature to stop/ realize objectively that it's stupid.

In Europe your cars have steering wheels on the right, correct? Is everything mirrored? Like turning right on red. (That's an adorable urban legend btw.)

They don't want to be "the aggressor" and the one who starts the fight, but are still upset and want to get back at the person. They're probably being too dumb or immature to stop/ realize objectively that it's stupid.

In Europe your cars have steering wheels on the right, correct? Is everything mirrored? Like turning right on red. (That's an adorable urban legend btw.)

Depends which part, Britain drives on the left, so steering wheels are on the right, some traffic lights have a separate light for turning left, which is independent from the main set of lights, but most of Europe drives on the right anyway so I wouldn't have thought it was mirrored unless you drive on the left too.

Also there's an official-esque site which goes into a lot more depth then I did

http://www.2pass.co.uk/goodluck.htm

If I wanted to make a "Ask Helios" thread, where basically everyone would ask me questions and I'd answer them as best as I could, would I want to put it in FFtF or General?

If I wanted to make a "Ask Helios" thread, where basically everyone would ask me questions and I'd answer them as best as I could, would I want to put it in FFtF or General?

Somewhere where your foot can easily reach your mouth. :P:

But seriously, FftF. For randomness' sake.

Why do you say that's immature or stupid?

Why do you say that's immature or stupid?

Because they are doing something that the "longer it goes on, the worse it gets" which is like doing a lot of expensive impulse buying. Sure, those nifty gadgets will make you happy now, but you're shooting yourself in the foot if you can't pay your bills later. Being passive aggressive doesn't fix the reason your angry. It just helps ruin your relationship by pissing the other person off. And if it doesn't, then you probably won't get any satisfaction out of it anyways. I think that, overall, it's much more productive to talk stuff out and communicate, instead of being petty.

Because they are doing something that the "longer it goes on, the worse it gets" which is like doing a lot of expensive impulse buying. Sure, those nifty gadgets will make you happy now, but you're shooting yourself in the foot if you can't pay your bills later. Being passive aggressive doesn't fix the reason your angry. It just helps ruin your relationship by pissing the other person off. And if it doesn't, then you probably won't get any satisfaction out of it anyways. I think that, overall, it's much more productive to talk stuff out and communicate, instead of being petty.

Indeed, and it's just more logical to be upfront about it (not that the kind of person who would do this is very much into logic).

What's the plural of "ninja": "ninja" or "ninjas"?

Not cool, my coworker died of a stroke last Saturday.

My uncle died of a stroke on Thursday, too.

Turns out, he was having small strokes in his sleep, causing chronic numbness in his left arm and leg.

It had to be.

And Helios. You experience small strokes in your sleep.

I was actually worried about that for a while to be honest. But according to all the hospital tests my heart is perfectly fine :).

Not cool, my coworker died of a stroke last Saturday.

Sorry to hear that man. My friend's dad died of a stroke a couple years ago, and his life hasn't been the same ever since. He almost committed suicide last year, but he failed. He's been improving though. I wish he didn't live so far away now so I could keep an eye on him :/.