Site update 4.2

Just seems to me that they're releasing a big package with FE13, that comes with the game, a points card for the game, and an FE13 edition of a 3DS. Pretty sweet, but man...I'm hungry for more info.

Whatever, it's gonna be released in like 2 and a half weeks.

Not quite, it's actually informing customers that the package can be preordered starting from 14th April ^^

It is a pretty small update, but it must be big news for Japanese fans. If Nintendo of Europe announces the same bundle, I'll be jumping for joy in the streets.

Not quite, it's actually informing customers that the package can be preordered starting from 14th April ^^

THANK YOU.

You're talking about this, right?

http://www.play-asia.com/Nintendo_3DS_Fire_Emblem_Kakusei_Edition/paOS-13-71-9h-49-en-70-4keq.html

I've wanted to preorder it since it was announced.

Yup. I have no clue when PlayAsia is opening preorders, but since Nintendo stated that the special pack is only being sold from their online shop, PlayAsia will probably be buying them from Nintendo to sell it to you guys, so yeah...

Yup. I have no clue when PlayAsia is opening preorders, but since Nintendo stated that the special pack is only being sold from their online shop, PlayAsia will probably be buying them from Nintendo to sell it to you guys, so yeah...

I'd be buying it directly from Nintendo... but you know how they are >_>;

I remember the days NoA was awesome.

I'd rather have FE 3DS over Xenoblade Chronicles...

xenoblade is awesome

but yeah it'd be much better if they released a new game like FE instead of a game that's gonna be a copy n' paste of the european version

hopefully we 'll get some news about NA release in PAX East

I need to repeat, Xenoblade is awesome.

I dunno, I agree that NoA has been slacking a bit these details, but both your examples sound a bit dubious to me. Complaining about Xenoblade in NA being a copy+pasta of the European version is like complaining about every game that's been released in both the EU and NA--except in extreme circumstances, they're always going to be copy+pastas one way or another : P

Also, this holds true for FE13, which has been confirmed for EU; either the NA version will copy the EU version or the EU version will copy the yet-to-be-announced NA version (apparently, despite releasing first, the EU version of FE11 was modified from the NA version--or at least the script was).

Er... anyway, I'm expecting another, bigger site update on Thursday.

Edited by VincentASM

I need to repeat, Xenoblade is awesome.

I dunno, I agree that NoA has been slacking a bit these details, but both your examples sound a bit dubious to me. Complaining about Xenoblade in NA being a copy+pasta of the European version is like complaining about every game that's been released in both the EU and NA--except in extreme circumstances, they're always going to be copy+pastas one way or another : P

Also, this holds true for FE13, which has been confirmed for EU; either the NA version will copy the EU version or the EU version will copy the yet-to-be-announced NA version (apparently, despite releasing first, the EU version of FE11 was modified from the NA version--or at least the script was).

Er... anyway, I'm expecting another, bigger site update on Thursday.

Well i know that all games released in both NA/EU have minor differences most of the time, my main point was that xenoblade's hype has sort of passed (at least everyone i know has already played it one way or another and dolphin > the actual wii ) and despite the way they are pushing it will not have the same amount of sales as a brand new game that greatly targets newer players to the SRPG genre for a handheld that has over the past months skyrocketed in sales plus from what i know and see online a good amount of people got into the series with the addition of sacred stones to the ambassador program

so all in all i think i worded my previous post wrong :P

Edited by Velth

I'm a bit out of the loop. Is Thursday some designated site-update day?

It's not official, but it seems that way. That alongside the new scans.

How many characters will there be? I'm excited to see more ^^'. Have Shamans been confirmed? I want a real dark magic user this time, Pelleas was disappointing. A summoner would be fun too ^^'.

Edited by Queen_Emelina

How many characters will there be? I'm excited to see more ^^'. Have Shamans been confirmed? I want a real dark magic user this time, Pelleas was disappointing. A summoner would be fun too ^^'.

There's no indication of a separate Dark Mage or Shaman class. Tomes appear to be back to one weapon type, mixing dark spells with other spells, and Mages have the mounted Dark Knight class as a promotion. Bishops are absent; Priests just promote to Sage, and if Dark Mages were present, they'd need to promote to Dark Knight and to either Sage as well or a near-identical Sorcerer class, rendering them indistinguishable from regular Mages either way. The character suspected of being a Dark Mage is probably just a Mage with a custom sprite.

There's no indication of a separate Dark Mage or Shaman class. Tomes appear to be back to one weapon type, mixing dark spells with other spells, and Mages have the mounted Dark Knight class as a promotion. Bishops are absent; Priests just promote to Sage, and if Dark Mages were present, they'd need to promote to Dark Knight and to either Sage as well or a near-identical Sorcerer class, rendering them indistinguishable from regular Mages either way. The character suspected of being a Dark Mage is probably just a Mage with a custom sprite.

Sariya has a different map sprite in her non-promoted and promoted classes and IS rarely makes custom map sprites (the last one I can recall is Merric's Sage sprite in FE3).