I hate Bel-Air and everything about it

From wiki;

Residences in Bel Air tend to be private and hidden, by dense foliage and gates, from the winding roads of the community. Residences range from relatively modest ranch-style houses, to lavish mansions on magnificent estates. While some houses in Bel Air seem quite modest from the outside, often lying mere feet from the street, they still have large grounds. In general, the higher up the mountain, the smaller the building lots, and more modest the houses. However, those residences along roads such as Stradella Road and Linda Flora Drive provide panoramic views of the Los Angeles basin and Catalina Island. The most desirable houses are near the main entrances of the Bel Air Country Club, because they boast views of both the country club and much of Los Angeles. Lower Bel Air boasts many of the most expensive homes in the community, largely because of their proximity to Sunset Boulevard, a major thoroughfare.

Multi-family housing is not permitted and ordinances regarding architectural styles, landscaping, and lot sizes exist to preserve Bel Air . Although no one is necessarily banned from entering on foot, most of Bel Air lacks residential sidewalks (unlike Beverly Hills) to discourage the public from walking around the community. Bel Air is also patrolled by local security companies.

President Ronald Reagan lived in a house in Bel Air from his retirement as President in 1989 until his death in 2004, and former First Lady Nancy Reagan continues to live there and attends nearby Bel Air Presbyterian Church.

FUCK THIS PLACE.

i lived in bel air, maryland. in fact i grew up there. it really sucked, i think john wilkes booth was from there and i'm 99% certain everyone in my town would praise him as a hero were we in another time

i lived in bel air, maryland. in fact i grew up there. it really sucked, i think john wilkes booth was from there and i'm 99% certain everyone in my town would praise him as a hero were we in another time

... You know, I wouldn't have thought there'd be two Bel Airs. It seems an unlikely name for two places to have. Unless there was like an explorer called that or something.

Also that place sounds utterly delightful.

Edited by Furetchen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bel_air

There's two in our state, actually! The one i'm talking about (harford county) was actually a fairly crappy town, white trash and everything. Lots of typical high school drama, etc etc etc I'm thankful I moved to Ellicott City in the end because I would hate it if i finished growing up there. It was once a nice, quiet town actually, but lately I've been hearing of road rage and some random kid that murdered his dad and dumped his body in his uncle's pool (apparently he was my cousin's friend waaaay in the past)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bel_air

There's two in our state, actually! The one i'm talking about (harford county) was actually a fairly crappy town, white trash and everything. Lots of typical high school drama, etc etc etc I'm thankful I moved to Ellicott City in the end because I would hate it if i finished growing up there. It was once a nice, quiet town actually, but lately I've been hearing of road rage and some random kid that murdered his dad and dumped his body in his uncle's pool (apparently he was my cousin's friend waaaay in the past)

o_0

I'm guessing people who go to private schools made your ego feel bad or something?

There are four kinds of private schools.

+ Independent schools which don't deserve to be called private schools because they're actually decent. These are the rarest.

+ Religious schools. I'm kind of against them as a concept at all.

+ Snobbish schools, like Grammar schools, for the idle rich. Mostly inhabited by clueless people with no sense of reality, only pressure to become a lawyer or some shit.

+ Religious snobbish schools, like Marist. 90% of people that go to Marist schools are total fuckwits. Marist has been known to LOCK POORER STUDENTS OUT OF TESTS TO MAKE THEIR RESULTS LOOK BETTER.

There are also selective schools, which try to be snobbish but can't even get the 'actual qualifications or facilities' part right.

I resent private education getting tax dollars. If I wasn't paying for the damn thing, well, out of sight, out of mind. Until Marist rich boys come roaring past your college in their fresh-off-the-market cars bought with no effort on their part screaming at you that you're white trash for going to a bogan school. Because Marist can go fuck itself.

I'm about 95% sure private schools average more money from the government than public ones. People themselves are based purely off their merit. Often it happens to be the case that they're utterly out of touch with reality.

I'm about 95% sure private schools average more money from the government than public ones. People themselves are based purely off their merit. Often it happens to be the case that they're utterly out of touch with reality.

...what. that's not a private school if it's government funded.

BS like this can only be pulled in the US of A. Well, in the Western world at least. Why do you think a law that allowed pharmaceutical companies to charge whatever they want to old people for their drugs got passed?

Well, I don't really know how the private/public school distinction works, but I'd imagine it's based on how accountable the private schools are to gov't VS public schools - for instance, if the private schools fail to please their gov't funders they'll just lose the money but might be able to successfully shrink their budget, while a public school would be eliminated entirely. Private schools may be less accountable to gov't standardized testing than public schools. The people who run them wouldn't be gov't employees.

In the US, some call for a system of vouchers for students who can't afford private schooling, with gov't paying the student's way into a private school in order to replace publicly run schools. Though it hasn't been implemented AFAIK.

Furet does not live in the US fyi gg Australia

I don't give much of a shit about private schools

except the ones around here have terrible uniforms so fuck that and I like my public school tyvm

Going to college for nearly free on scholarship certainly is nice

Edited by Luminescent Blade