Who's ready for some new archetype characters?

I thought this would be a thread for thinking new archetypes, as opposed to new additions to known archetypes. It'd be cool to have a character that starts out as a powerful melee unit but ends up as a proficient mage, or something like that, and the class change option kinda makes it possible.

I thought this would be a thread for thinking new archetypes, as opposed to new additions to known archetypes. It'd be cool to have a character that starts out as a powerful melee unit but ends up as a proficient mage, or something like that, and the class change option kinda makes it possible.

It's impossible to have a new archetype, since you can't have an archetype with only one character.

Well as much as I would like to see some new character ideas, this is FE. It just won't feel the same without all of those archetype characters. Plus, I want to see a Camus archetype in this game.

Well as much as I would like to see some new character ideas, this is FE. It just won't feel the same without all of those archetype characters. Plus, I want to see a Camus archetype in this game.

I don't, the last thing we need is one of those.

Vake might be an Ogma, and Sol and Soiree are the Cain and Abel of the game, both cavaliers, Hair color, etc. Tiamo is one part of the Pegasus Knight thingy?

There might be another Pegasus Knight in this game, cause most FEs has three or four of them, except for FE4/5 which has only 2 Pegasus Knights.

FE1/3/11/12: Shiida, Palla, Katua, Est

FE2: Palla, Katua, Est, Clea

FE4: Gen1 Fury, Gen2 Fee/Femina

FE5: Karin, Misha

FE6: Thany, Tate, Juno

FE7: Florina, Fiora, Farina

FE8: Tana, Vanessa, Syrene

FE9/10: Marcia, Tanith, Elincia, Sigrun

TRS: Sasha, Mahter, Frau, Verna

I suspect this, as well. Barring FE4/5, there's always been the triangle. Although in FE4 the triangle was just enemies instead of allies.

The archetypes have nothing to do with lack of innovation, in fact IMO they show creativity from the developers who keep on managing to make the archetypes work from game-to-game/context-to-context. Even if they did show a lack of innovation Fire Emblem games are usually creative enough to make up for it.

The archetypes I think are a very important part of what makes Fire Emblem Fire Emblem, to me at least it wouldn't be the same without them (RD gets away with it since it's basically just a continuation of PoR). It'd be like a Sonic game where you don't fight Robotnik in his Eggmobile or a Zelda game where the protagonist isn't a boy in a green tunic. With the games mainly all taking place in different worlds and with completely different casts of characters the archetypes bind the games the games together, gives them something in common - most series have the same main characters or the same setting in each instalment, FE doesn't which is why it uses these clever and more inventive recurring themes from game-to-game. I also think the archetypes are nods to the fans, like when a character in a newer Zelda game says "it's a secret to everybody".

I personally want to see most of them appear. The Cain and Abel green and red Cavies, the dangerous-to-recruit Nabrarl Myrmidon, the Ogma Merc, the Jeigan who's there to absorb experience from your party early on who us experienced players are too clever to fall for, the Lena Cleric who you get early on to do your healing, the Pegasi trio, the Est low-level latecomer, the Julian Thief, the Gordin Archer, the Draug Knight, the Merric Mage and later his master, The 'archetype' units (bar the pre-promote archetypes) are nearly always my favourite units, so that's another reason why I want them back.

The archetypes have nothing to do with lack of innovation, in fact IMO they show creativity from the developers who keep on managing to make the archetypes work from game-to-game/context-to-context. Even if they did show a lack of innovation Fire Emblem games are usually creative enough to make up for it.

The archetypes I think are a very important part of what makes Fire Emblem Fire Emblem, to me at least it wouldn't be the same without them (RD gets away with it since it's basically just a continuation of PoR). It'd be like a Sonic game where you don't fight Robotnik in his Eggmobile or a Zelda game where the protagonist isn't a boy in a green tunic. With the games mainly all taking place in different worlds and with completely different casts of characters the archetypes bind the games the games together, gives them something in common - most series have the same main characters or the same setting in each instalment, FE doesn't which is why it uses these clever and more inventive recurring themes from game-to-game. I also think the archetypes are nods to the fans, like when a character in a newer Zelda game says "it's a secret to everybody".

I personally want to see most of them appear. The Cain and Abel green and red Cavies, the dangerous-to-recruit Nabrarl Myrmidon, the Ogma Merc, the Jeigan who's there to absorb experience from your party early on who us experienced players are too clever to fall for, the Lena Cleric who you get early on to do your healing, the Pegasi trio, the Est low-level latecomer, the Julian Thief, the Gordin Archer, the Draug Knight, the Merric Mage and later his master, The 'archetype' units (bar the pre-promote archetypes) are nearly always my favourite units, so that's another reason why I want them back.

You have a point. The only thing I'm asking for is that they utilize these archetypes in moderation. Despite the fact that it is these themes/archetypes that binds the games together, there is a risk of making a complete rehash of previous installments. I personally love what they do with Anna, Aimee, etc. giving them different jobs and different attire through out the series, while still giving them their trademark indicators, such as Anna's pose. It looks like Anna is going to be playable this time around, and I'm very excited.

Games like Zelda, etc. will always have the same characters, but they also recycle enemies, etc. with different designs, roles, like Gyorg from Majora's Mask that was demoted to a common shark enemy in Wind Waker. It always brings out the inner nerd in me when I can spot these things.

I agree that it is these archetypes that define a Fire Emblem experience, I just ask that they have a good mixture of good and bad every time a new game rolls around.

i wish there was a special unit, who joined early-midgame, who was a prepromote with amazing stats, like really great, but that had negative growths for all stats. so what happened as you increased his level, his stats would slowly drop until when he is in 20/20, he has on average the base stats of their unpromoted class.

you could justify it as an older unit being an amazing fighter, but being crippled by a disease of some sort that is robbing him of his strength.

that would be cool, i think.