Brigands and their hillarious critical

MidnightShade

Alright, after my thirty or so playthroughs in FE, I saw something. A brigand actually getting a critical! I cracked up when I saw it, it was so ridiculous! The brigand opens his mouth, growls like a Wookie with a little to much fiber in it's diet, then jumps up and hit the character, the attack sending out psychedelic waves of energy. Anyone else seen it?

Only ever seen it in FE6, but yeah. Do FE7 Brigands ever even have situations where they could possibly have a positive crit chance? Like, even against Lucius, do they ever get the 6 Skl necessary?

Edited by Othin

Only ever seen it in FE6, but yeah. Do FE7 Brigands ever even have situations where they could possibly have a positive crit chance? Like, even against Lucius, do they ever get the 6 Skl necessary?

Only once have I seen it in FE7. The brigand with the swordslayer in chapter 8 against Kent. 50-some hit rate, 2% critical. I was so mad cuz it was some kind of specific run I was doing at the time. I forget what weapon Kent had equipped though, probably a lance considering the circumstances.

EDIT: Note that this is also after almost 4 years of playing FE7, and around 2 dozen or so playthroughs.

I don't think there is a single brigand in FE7 with a Killer Axe. Crying shame too.

You know what? You're right. In fact, I think i've seen more Wo dao's on swordmatsers than i've seen killer weapons in general. Really makes the game too easy.

Edited by FalconVegeta1986

I think I remember seeing several Bonewalker crits that still never did much of anything.

Edited by Othin

• 5 weeks later...

Brigand crits aren't new.

Monster crits that aren't from hellhounds, now those you don't see very much.

Oh dear, then you have yet to experience one of my situations in FE8.

I sent in a Lvl 20 Myrrh from one side by herself to get to Morva quickly on Chapter 20. However, she accidentally fell in range of a Gorgon's Stone attack and got petrified. Then suddenly, MONSTERS! She is SWARMED with monsters! All of which have over 70% crit rate with EVERY WEAPON. Unfortunately for them (laughably so), even though every hit turned out to be a critical attack, none of the attacks did any damage whatsoever. I can't remember how many times this happened, but every time Myrrh freed herself, she would kill something, only to be petrified again.

But yeah, that's one way to see a bunch of monster's critical attacks in FE8. Gorgon, Deathgoyle, Wight, Gwyllgi, Maelduin, they all got their shots.

I am pretty sure the reason as to why Knoll was given 0 luck was to make it actually possible to see the Revenant critical.

I am pretty sure the reason as to why Knoll was given 0 luck was to make it actually possible to see the Revenant critical.

I don't know if their the same as the Revenant or not, but from what I remember, the Entombed LAUGH at you before they crit you.

Yep, they both do the same wheezing-like laugh. Makes sense since Emtombed are just recolored bald Revenants. I am surprised they put that much effort into it with the new sounds and didn't do something lame like the soldier critical.

If I recall correctly, I only saw a Gargoyle crit once I think. It just flew up onto the edge of screen for a while flapping there, then swoop down swiftly and killed poor somebody who I can't remember now. Was years ago when I saw that. Probably Ewan.

I am amused at all the different monster grunts that most people will never hear in normal play

A lot of laughing too. As if the game is laughing at you for being unlucky enough to be criticaled by a zombie or gargoyle.