So, no Wifi Multiplayer Battles?

Leif

With the final update to the Communications website, looks like there will be no online battles. I am a tad disappointed since I was looking forward to a competitive aspect.

There is streettpass, but the other player's team is controlled by AI.

Edited by Leif

Awakening has even more reason to have one, with all the grinding. How strange.

Or perhaps they decided against it because of all the grinding possibilities.

But as far I know, maxing out units (cheating aside) wasn't trivial. You had to level them up during the regular game, and forge them weapons with your ingame resources. Sure, people found ways around that (RNG tricks, for instance), but... Awakening allows unlimited exp, unlimited leveling and unlimited money to anyone with patience.

But as far I know, maxing out units (cheating aside) wasn't trivial. You had to level them up during the regular game, and forge them weapons with your ingame resources. Sure, people found ways around that (RNG tricks, for instance), but... Awakening allows unlimited exp, unlimited leveling and unlimited money to anyone with patience.

which provides for a perfect multiplayer field of play .-.

Yeah, I double-checked the website. The only information they offer is Dual Tag, Streetpass, Spotpass, and content that can be downloaded via the internet.

They don't mention multiplayer battles.

which provides for a perfect multiplayer field of play .-.

Exactly. All characters actually can feasibly grind to their caps, learn all their skill options, and get the weapons they want, which is the expected multiplayer battlefield. They don't need to abuse arenas for Exp and money during limited time in order to make those preparations.

It's not impossible for multiplayer battles to make it in (for reference, there wasn't a button for Marriage before it was revealed), but it does seem a bit unlikely.

With two weeks left to go, it seems really odd if Nintendo really was holding back info on multiplayer battles. Stuff like Marriage is great for fans, so can be shown later or kept hidden, but multiplayer strikes me as something you'd want to advertise early.

Exactly. All characters actually can feasibly grind to their caps, learn all their skill options, and get the weapons they want, which is the expected multiplayer battlefield. They don't need to abuse arenas for Exp and money during limited time in order to make those preparations.

Certainly much better than having to clock abuse to build a viable team (i.e. one with capped defense Paladins and Dracos).

Certainly much better than having to clock abuse to build a viable team (i.e. one with capped defense Paladins and Dracos).

Clock-abuse was the worst. I really hope there is a multiplayer option since grinding seems to be a faster, easier process.

And if there isn't then I assume there is a post game option like FE8 and even without multiplayer that is fun as heck.

I should hope so. The Creature Campaign made it fun even without people to play against. But really, I'm rather downed by the fact that there's no Wi-Fi battles. Hopefully we get the DLC shop and an online gold shop too at least..

I should hope so. The Creature Campaign made it fun even without people to play against. But really, I'm rather downed by the fact that there's no Wi-Fi battles. Hopefully we get the DLC shop and an online gold shop too at least..

Wi-fi is cool and all, but I really want replayable dungeons more :I both would make me fangasm greatly though.