Hero King Marth DLC

Shun One

This means that Masked Marth is not the spirit of the Hero King Marth. Also, hair color.

Yes, because having slightly different hair color couldn't possibly be simply due to the art being done by different artists.

Anyway, I don't really care who MM is. I'll wait and find out, though I would laugh my ass off if he was Marth and just felt like screwing with people. OR! He could be Roy who got a hold of some hair dye.

Also, Celice looks incredibly effeminate, but we all know he's a guy, and a pimp at that.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This means that Masked Marth is not the spirit of the Hero King Marth. Also, hair color.

Time travel and/or different dimensions. Hell, the most likely answer is corpse zombie. You want so badly for this not to be predictable, but it's not really looking that way.

Yes, because having slightly different hair color couldn't possibly be simply due to the art being done by different artists.

Because it makes so much sense for the outfit to be exactly the same but then the hair color changes for no reason.

Time travel and/or different dimensions. Hell, the most likely answer is corpse zombie. You want so badly for this not to be predictable, but it's not really looking that way.

All of those would still mean being the same "person" as DLC Marth.

Also, the first two would not explain why Marth II is fighting Krom. Being undead could explain it, but Marth II does not appear corrupted like the known undead: the others have purplish skin and are constantly exhaling that smoke.

That's exactly what I'm saying, both the DLC Marth and the Marth "fighting" Krom are both the real Marth. Just because you make up some arbitrary rule doesn't mean you're right.

That's exactly what I'm saying, both the DLC Marth and the Marth "fighting" Krom are both the real Marth. Just because you make up some arbitrary rule doesn't mean you're right.

No, because that's precisely what the line explaining DLC Marth said is not the case.

Tell me, how many times do I have to prove you wrong for you to stop insisting on your same, original, unchanged point? It's starting to get old.

*Sigh*

Okay, first, coloring between Masked and Marth is partly different by artist, and party different because Masked is lit from outside center, and Hero King is lit directly. If you look at the shading. The only noteable not-explained-by-different-artists detail is Masked is notably smaller in every proportional aspect. Waistline, legs, shoulders, all of it is to give a much smaller appearance. Which could mean younger, female, not eating right (you're so skinny, eat this sandwich) we don't know.

Second, Masked and Hero King are not the same Marth, but the qualifiers on why they are different doesn't exclude Masked being from another Dimension or a the Past, just not the same other Dimension Hero King is from. All possible theories (except it being Roy with hair dye) fit with the criteria on hand for the character in the plot as presented. We don't know why Masked is an antagonist, and we won't know for another week. Masked could be an antagonist like Camus, or an antagonist like Black Knight.

Personally, I'm still favoring female faker as the best theory, but that doesn't exclude zombie/time travel/etc. Just I think it fits the information we have better.

Guys, who said anything about 'Marth' being an antagonist? Maybe IS is taking inspiration from other Nintendo Media and 'Marth' is akin to anime!Meta Knight in Kirby of the Stars. Of course, that's not exactly confirmed, but I don't get an antagonist vibe if 'Marth' is seen helping out Krom kicking Corpse Soldier ass.

From their reactions in the games, here's what I think happens in the game-

1- 'Marth' challenges Krom to a duel in that coliseum place to test his mettle.

2- 'Marth' helps Krom and Liz against the Corpse Soldiers.

3-'Marth' tests Krom's mettle again somewhere else.

4- Something happens with 'Marth' and that eye thing.

Of course, because there's not a lot of cutscenes, I can't really tell what's really going on, but that's my interpretation of all the 'Marth' cutscenes. So yeah, I don't get that antagonist vibe... I feel more like 'Marth' is being a teacher figure to Krom.

And I still firmly believe that the butterfly motif isn't a coincidence. *shakes fist*

No, because that's precisely what the line explaining DLC Marth said is not the case.

Tell me, how many times do I have to prove you wrong for you to stop insisting on your same, original, unchanged point? It's starting to get old.

Oisin, I have a proposal for you. Why don't you just wait for the game to be released, rather than trying so hard to divine concrete details from limited information and then being indignant that your conclusions are correct?

We'll find out the Marth situation when we play the game. Jesus. This debate of differing speculations is just absolute absurdity.

Edited by Arch

What if Masked!Marth is just a spirit of the Hero King Marth guiding Krom on his journey a la Sheik from Zelda: Ocarina of Time? More of a guide?

And then the DLC allows for the final recruitment?

Just a thought.

What if this Marth is the real Marth, and he accidentally got caught in Jake's Time Machine Ballista and was pulled into the future with Jake and Anna? Now Marth is in a new land he knows nothing about and think Krom took over his kingdom and stole is sword, so Marth is once again fighting to reclaim his kingdom. The butterfly mask is actually a scouter for him to look for powerful allies to join him.

Guys, who said anything about 'Marth' being an antagonist? Maybe IS is taking inspiration from other Nintendo Media and 'Marth' is akin to anime!Meta Knight in Kirby of the Stars. Of course, that's not exactly confirmed, but I don't get an antagonist vibe if 'Marth' is seen helping out Krom kicking Corpse Soldier ass.

From their reactions in the games, here's what I think happens in the game-

1- 'Marth' challenges Krom to a duel in that coliseum place to test his mettle.

2- 'Marth' helps Krom and Liz against the Corpse Soldiers.

3-'Marth' tests Krom's mettle again somewhere else.

4- Something happens with 'Marth' and that eye thing.

Of course, because there's not a lot of cutscenes, I can't really tell what's really going on, but that's my interpretation of all the 'Marth' cutscenes. So yeah, I don't get that antagonist vibe... I feel more like 'Marth' is being a teacher figure to Krom.

And I still firmly believe that the butterfly motif isn't a coincidence. *shakes fist*

Masked being revealed in the heat of battle makes more sense, and Masked coming in to rescue Liz in the heat of battle is a better shock from a known antagonist. Also if I remember right Krom reacted to Falchion during the zombie fight, meaning that had to be the initial encounter.

Even if Masked is a mentor, its more likely under the guise of an antagonist than as a straight up helpful person. Otherwise the mask doesn't make sense and the reveals don't make sense. And if he's a helpful mentor in a mask, he'd explain the mask thus being as un-dramatic as you get.

Doesn't work storywise, especially with how FE loves its masked semi-antagonists.

What if Masked!Marth is just a spirit of the Hero King Marth guiding Krom on his journey a la Sheik from Zelda: Ocarina of Time? More of a guide?

And then the DLC allows for the final recruitment?

Just a thought.

Doesn't explain the new art by a new artist. Also the DLC page made it pretty clear Masked and Hero King aren't the same bloke.

Because it makes so much sense for the outfit to be exactly the same but then the hair color changes for no reason.

All of those would still mean being the same "person" as DLC Marth.

Also, the first two would not explain why Marth II is fighting Krom. Being undead could explain it, but Marth II does not appear corrupted like the known undead: the others have purplish skin and are constantly exhaling that smoke.

*Sigh*

Okay, first, coloring between Masked and Marth is partly different by artist, and party different because Masked is lit from outside center, and Hero King is lit directly. If you look at the shading. The only noteable not-explained-by-different-artists detail is Masked is notably smaller in every proportional aspect. Waistline, legs, shoulders, all of it is to give a much smaller appearance. Which could mean younger, female, not eating right (you're so skinny, eat this sandwich) we don't know.

Second, Masked and Hero King are not the same Marth, but the qualifiers on why they are different doesn't exclude Masked being from another Dimension or a the Past, just not the same other Dimension Hero King is from. All possible theories (except it being Roy with hair dye) fit with the criteria on hand for the character in the plot as presented. We don't know why Masked is an antagonist, and we won't know for another week. Masked could be an antagonist like Camus, or an antagonist like Black Knight.

Personally, I'm still favoring female faker as the best theory, but that doesn't exclude zombie/time travel/etc. Just I think it fits the information we have better.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/afej/characters/chara9.html

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/afej/dlc/index.html

As Rakath said, all the colors are different. It's partially due to the artist and partially due to the shading.

What if this Marth is the real Marth, and he accidentally got caught in Jake's Time Machine Ballista and was pulled into the future with Jake and Anna? Now Marth is in a new land he knows nothing about and think Krom took over his kingdom and stole is sword, so Marth is once again fighting to reclaim his kingdom. The butterfly mask is actually a scouter for him to look for powerful allies to join him.

YES! SO MUCH YES! It even explains why he's wearing the mask. He's ashamed he broke Jake's time machine so he's hiding his shame from that.

That just means it's the first time Krom has seen more than one Falchion in existence.

The Colosseum cutscene that was mentioned showed Masked with the Falchion, and Krom had his own Falchion. Meaning that that scene had to happen after the zombie scene, since Krom reacted to Masked carrying the sacred sealed Blade of light exactly like his own.

Oisin, I have a proposal for you. Why don't you just wait for the game to be released, rather than trying so hard to divine concrete details from limited information and then being indignant that your conclusions are correct?

We'll find out the Marth situation when we play the game. Jesus. This debate of differing speculations is just absolute absurdity.

You're so boring.

Also, my name is not dependent on the character's name. I am Othin, always.

Krom reacted to Masked carrying the sacred sealed Blade of light exactly like his own.

Only Krom's Falchion is known to be the "binding blade" Falchion. Clearly meant to contrast with a Falchion that is something other than a binding blade.

Only Krom's Falchion is known to be the "binding blade" Falchion. Clearly meant to contrast with a Falchion that is something other than a binding blade.

Really? I always thought it meant the "sealed sword falchion" since it would make sense because it starts out weak and maybe at some point it gets unleashed

Edited by Velth

You're so boring.

Also, my name is not dependent on the character's name. I am Othin, always.

And you're pretty funny, Oisin. Sharing ideas and speculating is all fine and dandy, makes for good discussion and all that. Debating speculations and being indignant in a conclusion derived from incomplete information? It's pretty hilarious.

And you're pretty funny, Oisin. Sharing ideas and speculating is all fine and dandy, makes for good discussion and all that. Debating speculations and being indignant in a conclusion derived from incomplete information? It's pretty hilarious.

I'm more indignant at Momo being annoying and bringing up ideas I've demonstrated as illogical many times already.

But I have no qualms with providing entertainment in the process.

Really? I always thought it meant the "sealed sword falchion" since it would make sense because it starts out weak and maybe at some point it gets unleashed

Someone finally have a sense in their speech...I think of it the same way as the Skyward Sword....what if the falchion was the tip of a huge spear ? that would explain Krom being able to use lances :P

Edited by Brave Lord

The Japanese language can be really vague sometimes; I think the name could go either way.

To be honest, I haven't looked into the name in depth, but the first thing that came to my mind was "Binding Blade" because of the similarly named weapon in FE6 and don't even tell me it's called the "Sealed Sword". Later on, the official site even mentions that Gimle was sealed away by the Falchion, which clinches the deal. Besides, if you're going to name a national treasure, calling it "Sealed Blade X" is telling the enemy it's a rubbish sword.

Edited by VincentASM

I also noticed something- What if 'Marth' and DLC!Marth are Marth at different ages? DLC!Marth is Marth during FE3/12, while 'Marth' seems to be more of FE1/11's Marth...

It might have been discussed to death by alot of people but I'm quite skeptical in the identity of the Masked guy/gal. Marth have been always voiced by the same voice actor and that guy never changed since the anime but I only brought in this point for a single reason, changing voice actors in japan might cause an uproar between Japanese Seiyuu/Fire Emblem fans it's considered quite sacred there, changing a voice actor only for two reasons : the actor cannot act anymore (either dead or lost his voice),the actor quit the business or retired, such reasons wouldn't matter, what would matter is the fact in the process of changing voice actors people responsible for this tend to look for someone with a close pitch and tone to the original actor which means that a girl voice =! a man voice which will give us one certain proof that this might not be the Marth we all know and love and this might be someone disguised as him (being a boy or a girl wouldn't matter because it's known that Japanese voice actresses tend to voice boys and effeminate men)....

Edited by Brave Lord

The Japanese language can be really vague sometimes; I think the name could go either way.

To be honest, I haven't looked into the name in depth, but the first thing that came to my mind was "Binding Blade" because of the similarly named weapon in FE6 and don't even tell me it's called the "Sealed Sword". Later on, the official site even mentions that Gimle was sealed away by the Falchion, which clinches the deal. Besides, if you're going to name a national treasure, calling it "Sealed Blade X" is telling the enemy it's a rubbish sword.

I see. Well as I said the only reason i thought it was the sealed sword was because it has like 5 might in the beginning and it's power was contained or something, however i did not know that Gimle was sealed away by it so you're probably right.

The one in the fe6 patch is called sealed sword because the name Sword of Seals gets clipped when in the inventory or combat screen right?

Edited by Velth

It just dawned on me, masked Marth has to be male if he is using a/the real Falchion. SD said it could only be used by male heirs.

Valencia is in this game (as Varm), and it has its own Falchion - likely the explanation for the second Falchion. If Marth II is using that Falchion, different rules might apply, although I don't know what they are.

or maybe pretending to be a guy is the only way marth ii can use the falchion

Edited by Othin