Soooo, no Soldiers, eh?

Well, with the lack of a Soldier class, I'm probably gonna not use Donnie.

Oh, I'm sure he'll be a good unit, but what's the point? He'll just be another Cavalier or Knight, and I've got enough of those to pick from as it is.

Here's hoping Nephenee is a modified Solider for DLC

thoughts?

Edited by StrategistPockystix

I think Donnie can promote to a Mercenary, I mean we've seen him as a Hero already, so...

My guess is Mercenary, but Fighter is also a possible promotion that would take him there. Another option will surely be Cavalier or Knight, to retain access to lances.

My guess right now is Cavalier/Mercenary/Mage, being reminiscent of the FE2 Villager class. Archer and Knight could also fit in, but I think this is more likely, especially due to it giving him the option to potentially access any major weapon type.

Its such a tease to include them but only as Enemy Units.

No, it really wasn't. There have been enemy soldiers in the majority of the games in the series, but they are only playable in 3. I get that you guys are upset that we aren't getting soldiers but it really wasn't that unexpected. Seriously, just let it go.

Edited by Jediabiwan

Dude, your member tag is a Crimean SOLDIER.

I am dissapointed too, I wonder if dismounted Calvaliers/Pegasus Kn. will make a return.

That sounds like something we would have seen by now...I mean we have seen it in cutscenes/talking scenes, but not battle...

That sounds like something we would have seen by now...I mean we have seen it in cutscenes/talking scenes, but not battle...

Much like in FE10.

There was a sort-or-programmed dismounting class in FE11 that was never used. And then dismounting was still absent in FE12, when it had been present in FE12. I get the idea that IS is no longer interested in bringing dismounting into gameplay.

No, it really wasn't. There have been enemy soldiers in the majority of the games in the series, but they are only playable in 3. I get that you guys are upset that we aren't getting soldiers but it really wasn't that unexpected. Seriously, just let it go.

In the last non-remake Fire Emblem's the Soldier line was set up to be a major recurring class and the counterpart to Swordmaster and Berserker. So it is rather unexpected that they didn't make it up in the latest new game. The absence of the class is not a game breaker by any means, but its still disappointing.

It is disappointing, but not entirely unexpected.

I guess Donnie's gonna have to do...... I just hope I can promote him to ditch his pot. I mean c'mon, it's ok to have when he's a villager, but once he's upgraded to something surely he should get a good helmet......

I know many people like the pot, I'm just saying it doesn't work for me.

Also the fact that myrimimiddons are now called " sword fighters" just pisses me off........

Slightly off topic but, how many more new charecters will appear do you think. ; if any)

Also the fact that myrimimiddons are now called " sword fighters" just pisses me off........

"Sword Fighter" has been the Japanese name for the class for pretty much the entire series. It just gets changed to Myrmidon in the English version. There's no indication that anything will be different this time.

Donny keeps the pot as a Hero. There's no chance of him losing it, ever.

Edited by Othin

"Sword Fighter" has been the Japanese name for the class for pretty much the entire series. It just gets changed to Myrmidon in the English version. There's no indication that anything will be different this time.

Donny keeps the pot as a Hero. There's no chance of him losing it, ever

Oh I never knew that thanks...... I'm relieved..

And with the pot thing if it doesn't go then I probs won't use him........... I won't be able to enjoy using him.

Speaking from a tactical standpoint, pot helmets are often used for better vision, as a visor ca be very restricting, at the cost of protection for your eyes. So maybe Donny will have really high Skill and really low Defense, or something.

I'm gonna start using pots in combat now.

And Donny gets to keep his pot?! My life is now complete. Although that is a little odd. I wonder if those kind of hats are specific to the class. I hope that stupid hat that the mage wears (looks like something out of Disney or something) Is only for her. If every mage wears it, I'm not using that class..