Rate the Unit, Day 41: Sophia

Sophia: 1/10

Poor Sophia she's stuck with horrible durability and horrible everything else. Her only hope is chipping from afar, she can't do anything else and her hit is bad but maybe she might hit something if she takes a secret book. She's too costly and is killed by everything I can't tell who is worse between her or Wendy but at least Flux has 70hit unlike Javelin with 55hit so I think Sophia might be > Wendy. 1 point for the guiding ring, at least keeping her alive brings that to the table.

Edited by Queen_Emelina

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Sophia she's stuck with horrible durability and horrible everything else. Her only hope is chipping from afar, she can't do anything else and her hit is bad but maybe she might hit something if she takes a secret book. She's too costly and is killed by everything I can't tell who is worse between her or Wendy but at least Flux has 70hit unlike Javelin with 55hit so I think Sophia might be > Wendy. 1 point for the guiding ring, at least keeping her alive brings that to the table.

Wendy has 62 hit with a javelin. Enemies in her map have about 15-20 avoid, low being 3 or so and high being a thief at 33, ignoring the boss. So she'll have about 40-45 hit on most things. Sophia has 75 hit with flux. Enemies in her join chapter have about 25-30 avoid on average. That gives her a 45-50 hit rate. Lots better than Wendy :dry:

0.1/10 I may not have played this on HM, but I have on NM, and even there she has no redeeming qualities. But I don't believe in giving any unit a zero based on contributions. Even Sophia can distract one enemy from attacking another unit. But then the bias of hating her because you have to protect her in fow and desert just to get the true ending. So 0/10

I don't get why people think it's so hard to protect Sophia on the desert chapter... I mean, I used base level Thany on that map for ferrying, and I had no issues keeping her alive...

Edited by Psycho Silver

0/10 good thing we have Niime

*crumples up a ball of paper*

*shoots in in the trashcan*

Because I foresee that happening to this rating.

You'd better be changing that before Integrity yells at you.

I don't know if I can be assed to care that much about a Sophia thread. ;/

still, yeah, it should probably be changed kai

We are assuming that the character we're rating get used throughout the entire game, and don't eventually end up on the bench (regardless of how likely that is) right? If so my vote stays, if not I'll probably drop it. Also my Niime vote will raise if this goes up too. Eclipsing walls is pretty damn useful with their stupidly high amounts of HP.

In theory one could train Wendy with triangle attack (only in chapter 6 of course) like a level and then get a rare chip hit to an archer. Sophia can't even manage that must her only redeeming quality is her pretty face.

0/10 and in the case you can't tell that includes entire positive bias point

That's Chapter 8.

.1/10

i believe the fact that she gets a guiding ring puts her above wendy

Plus getting u Forblaze. That's a bonus.

And saying she's worse than Wendy? They both have combat that is about as irredeemable as is possible. Minute differences like Sophia hits Res and Wendy has Triangle Attack don't matter. But getting that Guiding Ring is a hundred times more utility than Wendy will ever provide.

Growing her well. At least she won't be prone to status staves and long ranged Mag. >=)

And what's worse is that other than having one in Chapter 8, Chapter 18A. U won't get anymore without the Secret Shop. IS did this on purpose to throw some crap units on u and with some of them having bad Skill (Which normally is never an issue to most of these games). Because of the shortage of Skill Books that they have in this game which Gonzy needs very badly in the NM. As well as Sophia.

-----

There is one way to make her useable. Wear out the bosses Spear in Chapter 15 and then have Sophia use him as a punching bag. Advised to get her to 10 then promote. For favoritism, get her to 20 and she will at least have decent skill and con after class change. She then becomes a great Mag sponge. =)

There is one way to make her useable. Wear out the bosses Spear in Chapter 15 and then have Sophia use him as a punching bag. Advised to get her to 10 then promote. For favoritism, get her to 20 and she will at least have decent skill and con after class change. She then becomes a great Mag sponge. =)

:facepalm:

Do you even pay any attention to what you're typing? How can she train on someone who she can't even hit?

:facepalm:

Do you even pay any attention to what you're typing? How can she train on someone who she can't even hit?

Get desparate with RNG abuse after giving her the Secret Book. >=) Either that, or have to go through some turns just to get her to hit. ;_;

Edited by リンダ

Dude I got her to 10 once VERY painstakingly as a part of my fem+roy only run rules

it was not pretty and I didn't want to blow a ring on that piece of crap

I get her to 20 all the time in non ranked runs. It's not like ur being penalized in your tactics rank much. Since it isn't demanding like it is in FE7.

look I don't want a unit with single digit in every stat except mag/res/hp when I have so many better options

she's just a piece of baggage

I don't care if you want to use her but I am not bothering with a unit with terrible stats, needing RNG abuse to even get hits in more often than not, and is after a HEAVILY contested promotion item. Having to buy Clarine a ring in C16 on that run was bad enough as it is :/

Edited by Luminescent Blade

look I don't want a unit with single digit in every stat except mag/res/hp when I have so many better options

she's just a piece of baggage

I don't care if you want to use her but I am not bothering with a unit with terrible stats, needing RNG abuse to even get hits in more often than not, and is after a HEAVILY contested promotion item. Having to buy Clarine a ring in C16 was bad enough as it is.

Only thing that hurts about ur work into her after class change is the start in E staves. .___. At least she can heal alot with Heal staves. =)

Edited by リンダ

I get her to 20 all the time in non ranked runs. It's not like ur being penalized in your tactics rank much. Since it isn't demanding like it is in FE7.

That's nice and all, but... no one cares.

Get desparate with RNG abuse after giving her the Secret Book. >=) Either that, or have to go through some turns just to get her to hit. ;_;

I guess I win because you don't have any counter argument (RNG abuse doesn't count).

I'm just gonna throw in that Sophia is still a pain to raise, even with RNG abuse. Her bases are just too awful, and her growths don't do her any justice. Just let her get the guiding ring, forget about her, and wait for Niime.

Plus getting u Forblaze. That's a bonus.

"Takes you to X" is not valid justification for a character being rated. She gets you Forblaze in the same way Lilina gets you Durandal, or Sue gets you to Sacae, It's completely irrelevant to her performance as a unit. She's not good for support , she's not good for combat. She is not good. I RNG abused my Zealot to this, you think it means anything?

1495j4k.jpg

Hell if we factor in boss abuse WENDY is easier to train, because she can hit 20 on her Debut chapter so long as you have steel/silver lances while she tinks her weapon level up. Does this make Wendy good? Fuck no. she's still shit.

kag7k.jpg

It means nothing you're still investing a tonne of time for a shit unit. and that's what Sophia is.

10p0byw.jpg

Grade. A. Shit.