in the event that it doesnt come to america

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you kidding

Every morning, she steps out onto her front stoop and exclaims, "Let this house be safe from tigers!" Then she goes back inside.

Finally, we say to her, "What's that all about? There isn't a tiger within a thousand miles of here."

And she said, "See? It works!"

I'm not sure if you're saying what Bee said was a logical fallacy (it's not, merely uninformative), or if you meant that the localizations that Operation Rainfall backed were simply coincidence.

If you meant what Bee said:

All he said was: "they've done this before, so they'll do the same thing since it worked last time" isn't that logical fallacy, and it's quite likely a (rather uninformative) fact. (Naturally, they probably don't handle every case exactly the same, since not every company responds the same way, but that's not exactly relevant.) He didn't specifically say what they did, because he likely doesn't know.

Instead of posting a mostly non-applicable logical fallacy Wikipedia article, what do you should have done was ask "what exactly did they do?" Or, you know, look it up yourself.

If you were implying that their efforts leading to localizations are merely coincidence, I would say you should do some research before coming to such conclusions.

Edited by ZephyrShakuraus

I'm not sure if you're saying what Bee said was a logical fallacy (it's not, merely uninformative), or if you meant that the localizations that Operation Rainfall backed were simply coincidence.

If you meant what Bee said:

All he said was: "they've done this before, so they'll do the same thing since it worked last time" isn't that logical fallacy, and it's quite likely a (rather uninformative) fact. (Naturally, they probably don't handle every case exactly the same, since not every company responds the same way, but that's not exactly relevant.) He didn't specifically say what they did, because he likely doesn't know.

Instead of posting a mostly non-applicable logical fallacy Wikipedia article, what do you should have done was ask "what exactly did they do?" Or, you know, look it up yourself.

If you were implying that their efforts leading to localizations are merely coincidence, I would say you should do some research before coming to such conclusions.

Celice is saying that just because rainfall exists, doesn't mean it's the cause of the games being released.

well i agree with othin. if this game doesnt have a release date comeing out soon ill go ahead and buy it in japanese. then either wait for the game to be localized or (if i really must) for a fan translation. most likely if it does get translated it will be around next year like shadow dragon was. tho i9 must say ill be alot less anxious about this game when diablo 3 and dragons dogma come out hehe

You crazy Americans. Don't pay all that money from Play-Asia for an European 3DS.

Save yourselves £20 (about $25-30) and create an account at Amazon UK and have it sent to you from there. They deliver to NA.

I hope for your sakes that you do receive the game, but in such an event, I would personally recommend this.

im apparently not good with searchin either lol, all i could find was asian ones. but ill ask does the eu one have an english option at all? its the only reason id buy that over the asian one

No, the only language options on the EU version are Communist, Nazi, Pussy (aka French) and Viking.

You crazy Americans. Don't pay all that money from Play-Asia for an European 3DS.

Save yourselves £20 (about $25-30) and create an account at Amazon UK and have it sent to you from there. They deliver to NA.

I hope for your sakes that you do receive the game, but in such an event, I would personally recommend this.

Nope, they don't. It would be more fruitful to try ebay.co.uk or something.

nintendo is supposed to announce within a few weeks when their conference at E3 will take place and thats from where we'll hopefully get FE news

Edited by Velth

HP+1 is being sarcastic...

Here is the correct list of european languages...

Indeed I am. How could you ever tell? Thank God we have Wikipedia to tell us Communist, Nazi and Viking aren't really languages.

Anyway, here is a map of Europe:

Europemap-2010.gif

See that green bit just to the left of where it says 'North Sea'? Well that's called the United Kingdom. The United Kingdom is separated into 4 different countries - Northern Ireland, Wales, Scotland and England. Now guess what language is spoken in England. No, it's not United Kingdomese... It's ENGLISH! *Gasp!*. They even speak it in Ireland (both Irelands), Wales and Scotland too! Curse those Europeans for stealing English off America and even naming a country after it! Grr... As heinous a crime those pesky Europeans committed is, it does mean that THE EUROPEAN VERSION WILL BE IN ENGLISH!!!! YAY!!!!

UnitedStates.gif

That should clear up any confusion. I'm now off to hit my head against a wall several times.

Edited by HP+1

Indeed I am. How could you ever tell? Thank God we have Wikipedia to tell us Communist, Nazi and Viking aren't really languages.

Anyway, here is a map of Europe:

Europemap-2010.gif

See that green bit just to the left of where it says 'North Sea'? Well that's called the United Kingdom. The United Kingdom is separated into 4 different countries - Northern Ireland, Wales, Scotland and England. Now guess what language is spoken in England. No, it's not United Kingdomese... It's ENGLISH! *Gasp!*. They even speak it in Ireland (both Irelands), Wales and Scotland too! Curse those Europeans for stealing English off America and even naming a country after it! Grr... As heinous a crime those pesky Europeans committed is, it does mean that THE EUROPEAN VERSION WILL BE IN ENGLISH!!!! YAY!!!!

UnitedStates.gif

That should clear up any confusion. I'm now off to hit my head against a wall several times.

You are correct sir, except for one vital detail: the English stole the AMERICAN language, and decided to call it ENGLISH. The cheek of it, I say! Simply outrageous.

Also

Despite having this game released in the EU first-hand, watch them spell words the non-British English way - like "armor" as opposed to "armour", etc.

Edited by Raven

Your example need be quite more specific. At the moment, you have no distinction as to why all countries don't have their primary language represented in an European-version of a game. Somehow you're associating European with Britain.

Edited by Celice

Your example need be quite more specific. At the moment, you have no distinction as to why all countries don't have their primary language represented in an European-version of a game. Somehow you're associating European with Britain.

If an European version doesn't have several languages, the one they will use is English since most people can speak it.

I have yet to see exceptions to that.

I can't remember exactly, but I believe Shadow Dragon had five languages in its EU version. Hopefully Awakening will follow this.

There are many languages throughout Europe, but as far as I remember, the only five languages NoE translated it to were English, Spanish, French, German and Italian. A huge effort, if I may say so. But correct me if I'm wrong.

The following images are basically maps stating how much of a country's population is able to speak said language:

[spoiler=English]7fda158351bbf963405164eac4b85676.png

[spoiler=German]4820926dc3484c8e2b2475c78a047cd1.png

[spoiler=French]dcd866d76a2053f19dd1b7f8496f43e0.png

[spoiler=Italian]f0d7e5bb8dcf9228b23b356b679a5c68.png

[spoiler=Spanish]ffc84f9748c2ca85f24d49bd30ac335c.png

Despite not covering every single language under Europe, still a large portion of Europe's population is covered under these five languages.

If Nintendo actually released games in the Polish language, they may actually do better in Poland *le gasp*, because right now, they aren't doing well there compared to other EU countries. Which deters them from translating their games into Polish. Vicious circle.

Edited by Raven