Game screenshots & info

No. 3

For reference, ChinaFE's support bonuses are from Pegasus Knight, whose FE13 wiki I don't trust all too well. There is some nice-looking content being added right now though.

Also, Chinese sites often use a bit of Japanese, for names and stuff that they're lazy to Chinese-fy, and you do know that Japanese use Chinese symbols for Kanji, right? ^^

oh yeah, that reminds me

Selena is still marked up as a Myrmidon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30TvvVhACh0&feature=channel&list=UL

Mercenaries in this video are dressed in the exact same silly arm shield as her

Edited by StrategistPockystix

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[spoiler=Selena]Oh yeah, I haven't forgotten.

It just so happens that every site I've been to lists her as a Myrmidon. I'll change it when I see her join or something

EDIT

Updated Skills list

I think most of the non-promoted classes are covered.

Edited by VincentASM

thank you finally someone else metioning that Selena is obviously a Merc

I'm fine if he hasn't noticed but hopefully they change it it also seems slightly sexist that you see female swordfighter and assume Myrm becasuse all girls can't be mercenaries I hated that in FE 12 we have female heros even in this game and in the Ankenia saga malice was a mercenary and then they changed her to Myrm I find it Sexist and i'm a guy sorry if that got of topic

Updated Skills list

I think most of the non-promoted classes are covered.

Yeah, that's everything. It's possible that Priest may have different skills from Cleric, but highly unlikely.

and WTF RAINBOW CRY

Royal Weapon is giving me a lot of hope for Krom having good Reclass options. Myrmidon for boosted Aether / Astra / Lethality

Can anyone start putting down the possible supports that people can have? Like who with who? I know MU can support anyone, but what about other people?

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fh1g.jp%2Ffe_kakusei%2Findex.php%3F

The characters listed here should have their known supports linked, if we believe this site.

Edited by Othin

Rainbow Cry! Holy crap. Two grandmasters with all units in a close formation could be a thing.

Nice to see FE9 FE4 vantage. Edit: Not quite as good, but still better then FE10's version, imo.

Weapon saver is actually pretty nifty.

Edited by Stark

Rainbow Cry! Holy crap. Two grandmasters with all units in a close formation could be a thing.

Nice to see FE9 FE4 vantage. Edit: Not quite as good, but still better then FE10's version, imo.

Weapon saver is actually pretty nifty.

FE9 Vantage is just attack first all the time. This is attack first only when under half health, more like FE4 Ambush.

[spoiler=More Skill Info]

source: http://www18.atwiki.jp/fireemblem3ds/pages/20.html

FalcoKnight skills

Level 5: Speed Cry. +4 speed to allies nearby

15: Master of the Spear: +5 Damage with Lance, there seems to be some kind of limitation on it?

Swordmaster:

5: Astra

15: Master of the Sword: No description, but I'm guessing +5 like MAster of the Spear/Magic Expert

Griffon Knight

5: Not sure of the name, but +2 Move in Double

15: Nothing listed

Battle Cleric

5: Luck Cry: +8 Luck to nearby allies

15: Recovery: Heals 30% at the start of the turn

Hero

5: Sol

15: Axe Slayer: +50 Hit/Avoid when facing someone with an Axe

Warrior

5: Strength Cry: +4 Str to nearby allies

15: Counter: Damages adjacent enemies when you take damage

General:

5: Large Shield

15: Defense Cry

Paladin:

5: Sol

15: Defender: +1 all stats in double (description from serenes)

Seems to be all listed so far.

Oh, seems I'm a bit late, bunch of this just went up on the site.

Edited by ZephyrShakuraus

Well, you'd need Mark for that. Hopefully he can Reclass to Strategist if MU's pairing puts him in a different starting class. And we don't know if the Backup boosts double; it might be a maximum of +4.

I guess they decided FE4 Vantage would be more reasonable to be tossing around to large numbers of playable characters and enemies. TRS Vantage seems like a better nerf most of the time, just requiring higher AS, but I guess for Myrmidons that wouldn't be much of a limitation.

I have to say, I'm really liking the look of these stat*2 skills. The higher the likelihood, the more they can impact a strategy, even if the effect isn't always too strong for each individual activation. Say, there are classes that can get up to 50 Luck, right?

Counter damages allies? That would make it the worst skill ever. Or do you mean the enemy's adjacent allies? Or adjacent enemies?

Also, if Grandmasters get Rainbow Cry at level 5, like all the other Cries...

Counter damages allies? That would make it the worst skill ever. Or do you mean the enemy's adjacent allies? Or adjacent enemies?

I think it damages the enemy, but only if they attack in melee.

Rainbow Cry is learned at LV15. Others are as well, apparently.

A lot of these descriptions make sense, but some of them sound really odd... Falcon Knights seem to be getting some rather unnecessary and excessive abilities.

Mercenary's level up skill seems ridiculously good for chokepoints.

I am also happy to see Great Lord has

a skill activation up skill. Aether party anyone? Especially with Lucina's higher than a swordmaster's skill cap?

Typo. It's enemies that damage you when they're adjacent.

Edit: Do we know if the <Stat> Cry abilities consume your turn? I can see a lot of them not seeing much use if you can't attack that turn.

Lance Master seems to say that it won't apply to lances that do magic damage - like FE9's Flame Lance. So it looks like we have confirmation that those weapons are returning.

Edit: Do we know if the <Stat> Cry abilities consume your turn? I can see a lot of them not seeing much use if you can't attack that turn.

I'm sure they do. That's the point: you figure out when you might need the bonus more than another action.

This game seems to be branching out to give you more to do than just ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK and try to actually be the strategy game it's supposed to be. From the sound of the higher difficulty levels, I get the idea that they've succeeded.

---

Why the hell does it list Sol for both Paladin and Hero? The kanji is the same, too. I hope this doesn't mean they share the skill instead of having unique ones.

Edited by Othin

I'm sure they do. That's the point: you figure out when you might need the bonus more than another action.

This game seems to be branching out to give you more to do than just ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK and try to actually be the strategy game it's supposed to be. From the sound of the higher difficulty levels, I get the idea that they've succeeded.

Aside from Defense/Rainbow Cry for buffing yourself to handle an enemy phase on the hardest modes, and Speed/Rainbow to have one of your stronger units double a boss (or not get doubled) the uses for them seem very slim compared to getting another action.

Unless you can double them with someone and still use their Cry, at least. Then it could become significantly more flexible.

Or you drag along crappy units with the Cry skill for buffbots.

Aside from Defense/Rainbow Cry for buffing yourself to handle an enemy phase on the hardest modes, and Speed/Rainbow to have one of your stronger units double a boss (or not get doubled) the uses for them seem very slim compared to getting another action.

Unless you can double them with someone and still use their Cry, at least. Then it could become significantly more flexible.

Or Resistance Cry to also help with defenses, or Strength/Magic Cry to kill something more easily. Or any time the user isn't in range to do anything else for whatever reason. The only ones that seem like they'd be limited in use are Skill Cry and Luck Cry, and even those could be useful with the skills that can activate at very high rates based on those stats. Train two or three characters as Mercenaries to learn Weapon Saver, then teach a character Luck Cry to keep them using their awesome weapons forever? Yes please. Unfortunately, however, there's no indication of skills other than Vengeance and Weapon Saver activating at those rates.

Lance Master seems to say that it won't apply to lances that do magic damage - like FE9's Flame Lance. So it looks like we have confirmation that those weapons are returning.

---

Why the hell does it list Sol for both Paladin and Hero? The kanji is the same, too. I hope this doesn't mean they share the skill instead of having unique ones.

I can see them being very useful when facing hard bosses, or just grinding up weaker units

Or Resistance Cry to also help with defenses, or Strength/Magic Cry to kill something more easily. Or any time the user isn't in range to do anything else for whatever reason. The only ones that seem like they'd be limited in use are Skill Cry and Luck Cry, and even those could be useful with the skills that can activate at very high rates based on those stats. Train two or three characters as Mercenaries to learn Weapon Saver, then teach a character Luck Cry to keep them using their awesome weapons forever? Yes please. Unfortunately, however, there's no indication of skills other than Vengeance and Weapon Saver activating at those rates.

Luck cry would only give another 16% chance on Weapon saver, but I get the idea. (Which would only likely get you to 100% around capped Luck) And yes, if they're just slightly out of range they would be useable. But on everything but the hardest mode, when fighting normal enemies, if you can attack with someone, it's likely going to be better than giving 4 DEF/STR/SPD, and net you more experience, as well.

Resistance Cry feels meh, unless we have any evidence the game has more enemy magic users than normal, since they're usually reasonably rare.

Luck cry would only give another 16% chance on Weapon saver, but I get the idea. (Which would only likely get you to 100% around capped Luck) And yes, if they're just slightly out of range they would be useable. But on everything but the hardest mode, when fighting normal enemies, if you can attack with someone, it's likely going to be better than giving 4 DEF/STR/SPD, and net you more experience, as well.

Resistance Cry feels meh, unless we have any evidence the game has more enemy magic users than normal, since they're usually reasonably rare.

considering one of the big-bads is a dark mage Sorcerer, it may be more useful than you know.

Edited by StrategistPockystix

Let's say you have a character with Weapon Saver and 34 Luck. He has a 32% chance of losing durability with his weapon. Use Luck cry and it gets cut in half to 16%, effectively doubling his weapon's durability. That's huge, and it can stay big even at lower levels. When it means a couple of characters can go from swinging around your best weapons for three times as long as they're supposed to to six times as long as they're supposed to, that's a substantial jump. And it can be substantial at lower levels as well, just not quite as huge.

Magic users do seem to be common in some chapters. And it doesn't take that many. If you have a character being attacked by two or three of them, that can change the total damage they risk taking by 8 or 12 points, which can easily be the difference between risking death and not risking death. And you can affect several characters with skills like this.

Edited by Othin