Othin Plays FE13!

Othin

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any Bow Knights or Warriors? They could be effective against the Griffin Knights.

Nope. I do have a couple of Beast Slayers, but I'm not as worried about killing them when I can get into combat with them as keeping them away from my other characters and surviving against them.

I still haven't done 18 on my current run either, but I can deal with the first few turns. I had Frederick(20/5 Great Knight) doubled with Serge on the left(recieving a defense Cry from Cullum on turn 1) and everyone else going to the right(Krom should kill the Paladin on turn 1 and be rescued by Libera to within 3 squares of Anna) with Anna(above level 5 for Lucky Seven and with all your spirit dusts given to her) doubled with Sairi taking care of the enemies on the right with a Levin Sword. I found if you stack Anna with Speed Cry and Krom's Charisma she'll have great avoid against the Griffons.

One of the worst situations is if you don't one round the Griffon Knights. There's an enemy with a Concotion and if they get low on health they'll just retreat to trade and use it which usually puts them closer to the units they can ORKO. Some of the Griffon Knights may have Lance Slayer as well and they're pretty quick so in conjunction with WTA they're quite good at avoiding the Beast Slayer.

The main problem I'm finding is you need to stay at the top, but the floor breaks down at the top of the map pretty early so nearly everyone's constantly taking damage as more enemies keep approaching. It makes me wish this chapter had save spots like FE12 and FE11 did. I might break down and use some the DLC as well to get past this chapter because it's that brutal.

Edited by arvilino

Well, I haven't actually played any of the sidequests, so I don't have Anna. Frederick's a 10/5 Dragonmaster and not doing a whole lot, and I haven't been using Callum at all.

If you're having so much trouble with all that, I get the idea I shouldn't even bother trying it like this. I'll go for ST and KvK in this case and maybe set a straight run through Lunatic as a plan for the future.

Edited by Othin

^One thing that probably stopped me from completing the chapter is MU. I picked +HP and -RES and he's 18/13 promoted so he doesn't have Rainbow Cry and his stats except HP(54) are all around 20 or lower(speed is at 17), which makes his extra HP entirely pointless because he just gets slaughtered unless doubled with someone.

^One thing that probably stopped me from completing the chapter is MU. I picked +HP and -RES and he's 18/13 promoted so he doesn't have Rainbow Cry and his stats except HP(54) are all around 20 or lower(speed is at 17), which makes his extra HP entirely pointless because he just gets slaughtered unless doubled with someone.

I went for +Spd -Luck; he's currently a 17/15/6 Dark Knight or something close to that. He's my best support unit, but also my best fighter, which leaves not a lot of time to do supporting. Right now, anyone not named Krom, MU, or Sairi pretty much disintegrates if poked: Frederick, Libera, and Serge can help finish some enemies, but otherwise, that's about the extent of my available fighters. The game is certainly immensely challenging at this point, but it's not too fun.

You know what just occurred to me? My favorite part of this mode was chapters 9-14, where I was able to use several units competently but still had to be incredibly careful. Past that point, it's been getting to be more of a hassle with so few units able to do anything... and that's also the point where a bunch of sidequests might start becoming available, yet I haven't been unlocking or playing them. Coincidence? I think not. With this in mind, I think I can allow myself a bit of a detour.

At least, in time. For now, I have Pokemon Conquest to play. Such an amazing game: it's like Fire Emblem crossed with Pokemon. And yes, I know it's actually a crossover with a different series, but I haven't played that series and don't care about it. Regardless, this game is fantastic.

SO would you recommend it? I asked in the Pokemon Conquest thread in the Pokemon board, and was told it's got a very low difficulty level.

At least, in time. For now, I have Pokemon Conquest to play. Such an amazing game: it's like Fire Emblem crossed with Pokemon. And yes, I know it's actually a crossover with a different series, but I haven't played that series and don't care about it. Regardless, this game is fantastic.

really it's good maybe i should go get it then what do you think

SO would you recommend it? I asked in the Pokemon Conquest thread in the Pokemon board, and was told it's got a very low difficulty level.

Yeah, I'd recommend it.

It's been easy enough so far, but it puts up enough resistance to be fun. And there's a lot of stuff you can go out of your way to do to make it easier that could easily be ignored when trying to take a more direct route through the game. It's flexible like that. I mean, right now, I just unlocked the Electric, Psychic, and Fighting kingdoms to battle: their Pokemon are high leveled enough that they seem like they'd put up quite a fight now, if I went in without preparing much.

Yeah, I'd recommend it.

It's been easy enough so far, but it puts up enough resistance to be fun. And there's a lot of stuff you can go out of your way to do to make it easier that could easily be ignored when trying to take a more direct route through the game. It's flexible like that. I mean, right now, I just unlocked the Electric, Psychic, and Fighting kingdoms to battle: their Pokemon are high leveled enough that they seem like they'd put up quite a fight now, if I went in without preparing much.

thanks i'll try to get then as fire emblem and pokemon are my main video game franchises and if the style is similar then what's not to like

Got Cellica's map. Unsurprisingly, it has the 20 characters featured in the ST maps. Surprisingly, the remaining 10 are... those same 10 newcomers to the original LvD: Eltoshen, Katarina, Jaffar, etc. How strange, and honestly disappointing. They couldn't have come up with a new set of 10?

It looks like we can confirm no new monster DLC and therefore no Othin or Chris available. If they were present, they would've shown up here, like Eltoshen did earlier. I had my suspicions after no fourth monster map was announced with this one, but it looks like we can confirm them.

The boss is Katarina. Seems they really don't care about a pattern to the bosses.

Newly released item is Thorhammer. Yay, another one?

Edited by Othin

Honestly I'm more disappointed by the fact that even if they weren't planning on tossing in more monster maps for him, they couldn't have bothered to add an actual team of "light" enemies and just reused the same 10 again.

To be honest, for the first time, I really do feel like I just bought the same DLC all over again.

Edited by Othin

What skills does Celica have? Just the usual Sage ones?

As an enemy, she loses Magic Cry for Magic Square and Tome Slayer. All enemies and NPCs in LvD have 1-2 Slayer skills. Her player skills will certainly be different.

Seeing the way they put this dlc, I wonder what approach they would do LvD 3. Oh any "interesting" convos the spot pass characters have?

I assume they'll have all 50 characters that have shown up so far.

Haven't played it yet, can't read conversations to know what's interesting.

Edited by Othin

I assume that they're also releasing a new batch of SpotPass characters, right? Hopefully one from one of the internationally-released games.

I hope so since 7 of Thracia 776's team has been released already.