Othin Plays FE13!

Othin

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you post your endgame team from your first playthrough? Just for curiosity's sake.

Ah, yes, I did promise to do something like this.

Krom - Great Knight

Othin - Dark Knight

Liz - Sage

Viole - Sniper

Sol - Assassin

Vake - Berserker

Miriel - Sage

Tiamo - Bow Knight

Saria - Sorcerer

Serge - Griffin Knight

Lucina - Swordmaster

Basilio - Berserker

Flavia - Hero

Jerome - Dragonmaster

Noire - Bow Knight

Mark - Griffin Knight

Sol, Vake, and Saria attained ridiculous combat abilities, although Vake's main role was using Double to give his enormous Str and Spd bonuses to other characters - particularly Tiamo because their S support amplified those same bonuses even more. Serge, Jerome, and Mark all helped out with their shared Carrier skill giving them all 10 Move while in Double - Jerome offered the most support because he inherited Rainbow Cry, but Mark wound up with the best combat of the three, quickly surpassing Serge. Those six (seven) were the most notable, ability-wise.

I was wondering if they kept the bonuses for using weapons you have high ranks in thing from FE11/12

They do. Same bonuses, even.

And the Dark Warlords in Chapter 22: are they the same ones as the Dark Warlords from FE4/5 and they're generic boss enemies, not Spotpass, StreetPass, nor DLC boss, just Story Mode bosses correct?

Edited by King Marth 64

And the Dark Warlords in Chapter 22: are they the same ones as the Dark Warlords from FE4/5 and they're generic boss enemies, not Spotpass, StreetPass, nor DLC boss, just Story Mode bosses correct?

Correct.

And I did see Gangrel is fought in Chapter 11, does he get defeated or gets killed as a Boss? And He's still an Unrecruited Enemy, correct?

He gets killed as a boss, yes.

There are six shadows at the end of MU's and Mark's support lists, speculated to be second playthrough characters. The first one appears to be Gangrel indicating that somehow he can be recruited, supported, and even paired with, but this is unconfirmed.

Isn't Cervantes an Unrecruited Boss and does he have an Unantagonistic personality and more Non-ill tword to the Main Character's army like Camus or more Ill tword to the Main Character's army like Murdock in FE6 or does he have Antagonistic personality?

Without spoiling anything plotrelated or suchlike; which was your favorite chapter?

Tough pick between 18, 19, 21, and 25. All four of them pressure you to move quickly while making it a real challenge to do so, even on Normal. So you really have to get fancy with strategies in order to survive. I'm scared of what these chapters will be like on Hard.

Speaking of hard chapters, S2 is hellish on Hard, at least the part about keeping Anna alive. Fortunately, it's not a total Jaffar repeat, since you can reach her quickly if you get creative: I had Sumia fly Frederick past the enemies, putting him in front to take the attacks and keep her from getting killed.

Isn't Cervantes an Unrecruited Boss and does he have an Unantagonistic personality and more Non-ill tword to the Main Character's army like Camus or more Ill tword to the Main Character's army like Murdock in FE6 or does he have Antagonistic personality?

You fight Cervances twice; there does not appear to be any way to recruit him.

I don't know anything about his personality other than that he seems to be fairly loopy.

Edited by Othin

I have a quick question. If My Unit reclasses to other classes, does he get a modified overworld sprite like the other characters get when they reclass? Or does my unit get the generic overworld sprite graphic?

Tough pick between 18, 19, 21, and 25. All four of them pressure you to move quickly while making it a real challenge to do so, even on Normal. So you really have to get fancy with strategies in order to survive. I'm scared of what these chapters will be like on Hard.

Speaking of hard chapters, S2 is hellish on Hard, at least the part about keeping Anna alive. Fortunately, it's not a total Jaffar repeat, since you can reach her quickly if you get creative: I had Sumia fly Frederick past the enemies, putting him in front to take the attacks and keep her from getting killed.

You fight Cervances twice; there does not appear to be any way to recruit him.

I don't know anything about his personality other than that he seems to be fairly loopy.

This reminds me of Septimus.. Hahaha...

MU as a Dark Knight and Levin as a Dark Knight look identical, both having face-obscuring helmets and no notable characteristics. Loran as a Dark Knight, in contrast, has a visible face, hair, and glasses. Griffin Knight Mark similarly wears a helmet in her map sprite and appears generic, unlike Serge as a Griffin Knight.

Meanwhile, Krom, Tiamo, and Sol all have modified overworld sprites reclassed into Great Knight, Bow Knight, and Assassin, similarly. Perhaps more notable, Lucina has a modified overworld sprite as a Swordmaster, which is not one of her normal reclass options; she just inherited it from Soiree.

Vake and Basilio, however, both reclassed to Berserker, have identical, generic-looking sprites even though Berserker is within their normal reclass options. It may be that the Berserker class doesn't have modified sprites at all. It seems to me that the same holds true for the Knight and General classes, even for characters starting in them.

I'm not sure what implications this may have, so feel free to draw your own conclusions. It may be worth noting that for Loran and the other children I've recruited, with the exception of Mark and Degel (Degel is a General), their map sprites correctly match their inherited hair color, which is a nice touch.

And how many Monster classes (like the ones from Gaiden and The Sacred Stones) are there in Kakusei?

Just two: Revenant and Entombed. Both are almost entirely skirmish-exclusive. Also the final boss, if you count it.

You could get answers to most of these questions a lot faster by just looking around the main site...

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/

Eventhough the overworld sprites are generic for My Unit, are their in-battle models at least customized a tad?

Also, how easy is it to get money in this game? Are you rewarded with gold for every completed skirmish? I found that the post game for FE8 was tough since funds were always so low.

So, the Overlord class is basically nothin but a Great knight on steroids, right? And do you know something about the conqueror skill?

Wasn't Overlord just an exclusive class for Valhart or is was there more characters have Overlord?

Edited by King Marth 64

Sol, Vake, and Saria attained ridiculous combat abilities, although Vake's main role was using Double to give his enormous Str and Spd bonuses to other characters - particularly Tiamo because their S support amplified those same bonuses even more. Serge, Jerome, and Mark all helped out with their shared Carrier skill giving them all 10 Move while in Double - Jerome offered the most support because he inherited Rainbow Cry, but Mark wound up with the best combat of the three, quickly surpassing Serge. Those six (seven) were the most notable, ability-wise.

Nice, nice. I see you paired Vake and Tiamo, yet you didn't use Selena? She ended up as one of the heaviest lifters on my team as a Swordmaster even. Practically nothing could teach her, and her stats came very close to capping at level 17.

So I decided to fight one of those apparent StreetPass teams. They put up quite a challenge, abusing Cry skills a lot, but it wasn't so difficult since they were spread out by the map design. Saria was one of the characters on their team: defeating her, she muttered "yat...ta."

Um, what.

Anyway, the enemy MU was a high-level Bow Knight. After recruiting her, I decided to check her skill selection. She had War Experience, Weapon Saver, Late Initiative, Skill Cry, and Bow Slayer - all consistent with Strategist --> Mercenary --> Bow Knight. However, she didn't have any options for skills to switch in. This is impossible, as she would have had to have learned Magic Square. So either enemy MUs don't carry over extra skills or it's just a hole in whatever is generating these teams (if anything did at all).

So, the Overlord class is basically nothin but a Great knight on steroids, right? And do you know something about the conqueror skill?

Yes to the first, no to the second.

I'll see if I can take a picture when I reach the battles with Valhart on my current file. Hopefully someone will be able to read them.

Eventhough the overworld sprites are generic for My Unit, are their in-battle models at least customized a tad?

Also, how easy is it to get money in this game? Are you rewarded with gold for every completed skirmish? I found that the post game for FE8 was tough since funds were always so low.

I think so, but I don't remember.

You get a ton of money and items in the main story. Skirmishes don't reward you with gold, although I've gotten good weapons a couple of times. However, enemies tend to drop things; I think I've always seen at least one enemy with a bag of 1000 gold in every skirmish I've played.

Wasn't Overlord just an exclusive class for Valhart or is was there more characters have Overlord?

As far as anyone knows, it's exclusive to Valhart.

Nice, nice. I see you paired Vake and Tiamo, yet you didn't use Selena? She ended up as one of the heaviest lifters on my team as a Swordmaster even. Practically nothing could teach her, and her stats came very close to capping at level 17.

She was a bit behind when I got her, and she never really caught up. I made her a Hero - I never leveled up any of the kids enough to reasonably use any Change Seals on them. But what you describe is pretty much my experience with Sol as a Swordmaster. By far the best combat character on my team.

Edited by Othin

Sol is supposed to be the more STR oriented Cavalier, right? So it makes sense for him to be very good if a somewhat high natural STR got combined with the good SPD and SKL leveling up as a Swordmaster would probably give you.

So guest MU's don't carry over skills they don't have equipped? I'd say that's more likely than the skills somehow getting lost in the transfer. I'm honestly a bit surprised to find more MU's in classes other than Grand Master. I had assumed the class would be used more due to access of Magic and Swords, but it looks like I was wrong.

Got Ayra. She had the audacity to show up on the Prologue map - forcing me to fight her and her ridiculously fast Falcon Knights in a small area with just six units available. I was able to manage it with help from Ae, the guest MU, and a lot of Sol abuse.

Sol is supposed to be the more STR oriented Cavalier, right? So it makes sense for him to be very good if a somewhat high natural STR got combined with the good SPD and SKL leveling up as a Swordmaster would probably give you.

That it does.

So guest MU's don't carry over skills they don't have equipped? I'd say that's more likely than the skills somehow getting lost in the transfer. I'm honestly a bit surprised to find more MU's in classes other than Grand Master. I had assumed the class would be used more due to access of Magic and Swords, but it looks like I was wrong.

Yeah, it makes sense that the transfer wouldn't keep track of them. Still, though, I can't imagine how I'd be winding up getting these teams legitimately. Has anyone else who's gotten the game outside of Japan started running into enemy MUs for no apparent reason?

I don't think the alternate classes are that strange, given the incentives to use reclassing to "promote" in different directions. So things that connect to one of the primary weapons, like Sage and Bow Knight, make sense. I made a female MU for my second playthrough, and I plan to make her a Dark Pegasus after she learns Rainbow Cry, retaining access to tomes as a primary weapon while getting new abilities.

Spun in that light, I suppose I should've expected as much. It seems quite useful the way Class Change has been implemented in this game.

Also, another q. How useful would you say the SpotPass and DLC units are? Watching a current play-through, Marth seems to be highly useful (especially since he can use Falchion's and Rapiers). From what you've already mentioned, I can see that the SpotPass units help a lot during those extra chapters involving other SpotPass units (Vs. Sigurd, Vs. Ayra .etc). I'd imagine they'd be highly useful in the main story-line with the major flaw of no support bonuses, right?

It seems they can learn any skill, in the case of DLC because they can Class Change into (nearly) anything.