Othin Plays FE13!

Othin

Is Libera any good?

I've been using him as my main healer on my HM file, and he's been great at that, but he hasn't been too good in combat.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Libera any good?

He performed well for me as a Sorcerer but I paired him with Serge so they were almost always together. He's good enough to stick around anyway, not sure if I'd call him unique at any task though.

Othin or anyone else who has the game, which unit surprised you the most and disappointed you the most? What I mean to say is, what character didn't seem that good on paper but ended up exceeding your expectations and which character did the opposite(good in theory but bad in practice)?

Othin or anyone else who has the game, which unit surprised you the most and disappointed you the most? What I mean to say is, what character didn't seem that good on paper but ended up exceeding your expectations and which character did the opposite(good in theory but bad in practice)?

No one to that extent.

I guess the one thing that really surprised me was how bad Brady turned out to be. I hadn't given any thought to him before that, so it's not like I was expecting him to be good, but I certainly wasn't expecting him to be as bad as he is.

Brady surprised me as being good oddly enough. Sure I reclassed him to cavalier and eventually Demon Fighter, but he had solid stats with many in the 40s by the time he was a lv 15 Demon Fighter. Of course he took some babying though, and Krom was his daddy.

Soiree has dissapointed me the most. Her stats have turned out below average (as compared to my other units) on my 2nd HM file. They all seem to stay consistently low, and I have to feed her kills to stay at the same level as the rest of the team.

Is Libera any good?

I'd say he's pretty good. He's the third Axe user you get and a really good staff user, his strength doesn't really get too high, but with his resistance and pairing him with a fast character with double he's one of your best units for fighting enemy magic users. He can also use the Hammer(only D-rank) from base makes him effective against Armoured units as well.

I sort of replaced Liz with him when he was recruited since it saves a master seal and his starting C-rank in Axes and C-rank in Staves is worth it. Luck Cry is sort of decent in Lunatic since due to their skills some of the enemy Mages/Sages, Barbarians/Fighters/Beserkers will have crit rates on your characters.

Edited by arvilino

No one to that extent.

I guess the one thing that really surprised me was how bad Brady turned out to be. I hadn't given any thought to him before that, so it's not like I was expecting him to be good, but I certainly wasn't expecting him to be as bad as he is.

His stats seem too balanced with an unnecessary emphasis on luck. Not really the best healer to have around, unless some inheritance peculiarities could give him a niche compared to other healers.

His stats seem too balanced with an unnecessary emphasis on luck. Not really the best healer to have around, unless some inheritance peculiarities could give him a niche compared to other healers.

"Balanced" isn't really accurate. More like "universally abysmal for his join time".

Maybe if he had C Staffs so he could use Physic from the start, he would be more usable, but... he doesn't.

His growths seem almost identical to Liz but I guess the problem is the join time. I'm trying to think of what skill he could inherit from his father that would make him more useful... Maybe Vake's/Gaia's Movement +1? Mobility is still valued on a healer, right?

And it doesn't sound very nice that children don't start with at least C rank in their area of proficiency. Looking at the inventory list on this site, Arms Scrolls are said to boost all displayed weapon ranks at once. I guess Great Knights would then make best use of them (since you raise three weapon types at once), particularly Cullum since he doesn't have Discipline or access to swords prior to his promotion.

His growths seem almost identical to Liz but I guess the problem is the join time. I'm trying to think of what skill he could inherit from his father that would make him more useful... Maybe Vake's/Gaia's Movement +1? Mobility is still valued on a healer, right?

And it doesn't sound very nice that children don't start with at least C rank in their area of proficiency. Looking at the inventory list on this site, Arms Scrolls are said to boost all displayed weapon ranks at once. I guess Great Knights would then make best use of them (since you raise three weapon types at once), particularly Cullum since he doesn't have Discipline or access to swords prior to his promotion.

It's really just join time, yeah. There's no way to salvage his bases within the story chapters.

All the other children start with C rank in their chosen weapon, or perhaps weapons in the case of Mark. Brady is just an exception for some reason, but I guess an Arms Scroll might help after promoting him.

What are your experiences with Grego?

Not much. I used him a bit in postgame to pair with Olivia; all I can really say is that at similar levels to Serena with both as Heroes, Serena was about 10 points ahead of him in every stat. To be expected of children characters, but it was still really funny.

Are children characters actually that good?

Their growths don't look like anything special

With the exception of Brady, they all have very high stats for their level compared to Gen 1 characters, but that may be more due to their base stats.

Overall, though, they tend to not stand out much because good stats for their level are not necessarily good stats for when they join.

Edited by Othin

What are your experiences with Grego?

I'd like to say that he's certainly a viable unit. I used him in hard mode, although I immediately reclassed him to a Mymridon. As a Swordmaster, he had high str, def, spd, and skl and ended up being a cornerstone of my team. Good guy.

Does anyone have any details on the 99 character storage that moves around to other new files? I mean which/how units are sent into that storage, and if I have to reach endgame on a file for that to happen.

I want to try if I could make MUs and take the file to a certain point in the middle of the game (and delete/keep the file?), then make a new file and be able to buy that MU from the '99' storage.

Does anyone have any details on the 99 character storage that moves around to other new files? I mean which/how units are sent into that storage, and if I have to reach endgame on a file for that to happen.

I want to try if I could make MUs and take the file to a certain point in the middle of the game (and delete/keep the file?), then make a new file and be able to buy that MU from the '99' storage.

Any bonus (StreetPass, SpotPass, and DLC) units you get are added to the storage if they aren't there already. The storage is maintained between all your files, and you can add an MU to it any time after you've unlocked SpotPass by going to the bottom of the list. I was able to add my MU from my Lunatic file right before Ch5 to the list, then see him on the list in my other files, although he wasn't exactly worth hiring.

The option is only there if your file's MU is not yet on the list: if you've leveled up your MU since then and want to save an updated version, you just select them from the list and select the third option. You can do this with any SpotPass or DLC units you have, as well. The second option hires the unit: if you already have the unit on that file as a bonus unit, you'll be prompted to choose one of the two versions to keep. You can't hire your own file's MU back onto that same file.

The first option when selecting a unit on the list is only available for MUs, and lets you view some info about their playthrough such as pairings made. StreetPass generated MUs don't have anything to show, though. The fifth option erases the unit from the list. Not sure what the fourth option does.

It's mainly useful because you can only have 20 bonus units "active" in a file at a given time, so you can save the others there.

wow i feel like a dope....unsure.gif pared taimo up with gaia and got selena's map... but i killed a villager when i guess i wasnt supposed to and selena killed herself attacking Sonia(MU) woops....

on another note, tiamo is my best unit as a dark knight, she's better than sayria. krom makes a kick ass bow knight, nior is my favorite character cuz of her crazy portrait and evil laugh( also can anyone tell me what she says during her recruit mission?) azure is a good bow knight too, and serge is an awsome sage! 32 mag at lvl 10gee_wiz_emoticon.gif. i also had no trouble with brady(dont understand the hate) i swapped him immediatly into a cavelier and then palidan then he's gonna be a dark knight and he's doin great

so othin u played a few times, what different class swaps have you gone through that worked out?

Kinda related to the talk about Libera, what do you think of the Magic + Weapon classes like the Battle Monk, Dark Knight, Strategist, and others? I wonder because usually magic user's strength is never really that high.

depends on the character like taimo is a good dark knight, and libera is an ok axe user, and id imagine serge would be a good battle cleric if you wanted to go that way, but yea usually the mages in the game arent good strength wise, imo sayria is a terrible dark knight as she has bad str and she loses dark magic henry however is a much better choise for dark knight but thats just me

Edited by Dark Nocturne

wow i feel like a dope....unsure.gif pared taimo up with gaia and got selena's map... but i killed a villager when i guess i wasnt supposed to and selena killed herself attacking Sonia(MU) woops....

on another note, tiamo is my best unit as a dark knight, she's better than sayria. krom makes a kick ass bow knight, nior is my favorite character cuz of her crazy portrait and evil laugh( also can anyone tell me what she says during her recruit mission?) azure is a good bow knight too, and serge is an awsome sage! 32 mag at lvl 10gee_wiz_emoticon.gif. i also had no trouble with brady(dont understand the hate) i swapped him immediatly into a cavelier and then palidan then he's gonna be a dark knight and he's doin great

so othin u played a few times, what different class swaps have you gone through that worked out?

Yeah, you need to let Selena talk to that Villager.

Speaking of weird class swaps that worked, my first playthrough I made Tiamo a Mercenary --> Bow Knight. She had some issues with weapon levels, but teaming and pairing with with Vake for his Str helped with that. She's back to Dark Pegasus now, though; my plan was to just to get Bow Slayer for better flying, but that never worked out until postgame.

Have you been having Brady grind to help his stats? That can fix any such issues, of course; it's just that he can't make it in the last third of the main story with stats all starting around 10. Unless you really did get that to work somehow?

i didnt necessarily ''grind'. but i brought a change seal and a forged sword he could use in his map and immediatly swapped him into a cavelier. then i fed him kills on his lvl and since both his parents (father was fred) were high lvl at the time he wasnt that bad. plus the enemies were all higher lvl than him so he got a few good lvls, then i took him to 1 skermish and fed him more kills and he was golden. he didnt take much at all in my opinion, tho i could have been rng blessed i dunno. i can deffinatly see someone losing him fast in that map tho, or seeing him not being usefull, as by the time he joins you most likely have a promoted healer whos way better

one unit i use way too much in MU as she is just WAAAY ahead of everyone eles cuz i keep her in constant double with units i want to improve and she wouldnt stop leveling...