Othin Plays FE13!

Othin

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found that +5DEF highly useful until much later than Chapter 7. The thing about Lunatic is that, for most chapters, you've got deployment slots to spare: because the enemies are so strong, you can't simply bring units to tag along, so only your best will get fielded. And Callum is a consistently excellent double partner.

An excellent point. Regardless, while useful, he's definitely not essential. I can see him as maybe High Tier with that in mind. Maybe. No higher, though.

I'm not Othin, but I can there say there are not.

Wasn't I the one who told you that in the first place? Funny how these things work.

Yay! I got the game! This might be a stupid question but is there a way to fast forward text without skipping it? This game is wordy.

You might be able to find something to adjust in the Options menu, but I don't think there's anything other than that.

For better or for worse, the wordiness eventually goes down by quite a lot.

Perhaps said elsewhere, but this does puzzle me. I was watching a JP playthough of the game, where I saw

Valhart die in Chapter 20

, but of course, now there's Gaiden Chapter 19 where you can recruit him, so is and the other four like Gangrel second playthrough-time acquisitions,

or do they just get better all of a sudden in the first playthrough

?

Added spoilers just in case.

Edited by S.C. Amigo

S20 is out! Not sure about Emelina's recruitment conditions, but I'm guessing they can't be too complex.

Perhaps said elsewhere, but this does puzzle me. I was watching a JP playthough of the game, where I saw

Valhart die in Chapter 20

, but of course, now there's Gaiden Chapter 19 where you can recruit him, so is and the other four like Gangrel second playthrough-time acquisitions,

or do they just get better all of a sudden in the first playthrough

?

Added spoilers just in case.

As far as I can tell, the characters all die, yeah. They're all available on any playthrough at the end of the game, but you need to have downloaded their maps through SpotPass first. They're free, though, so no worries. Emelina's was literally just released, as the third of six.

Does Emelina have the same starting stats.and base a listed in the main site? Or is there any fluctuating.in stats. Also, is she a boss ort npc?

She is an NPC, and her NM stats line up. Like with most characters, her stats are increased on HM. I don't know her recruitment conditions yet.

Emelina is on the island on the middle bottom of the map. I was hoping that would be saved for Paris, but it's still a really cool location, I think.

Also, FE4 Gen 2 SpotPass is out. Celice is a Swordmaster with Spd capped at 43. -3 modifier, wtf?

Krom can talk with Emelina, but it doesn't recruit her - at least, not alone. She's not really saying anything at this point beyond occasional vowel sounds. Still confused about her recruitment conditions.

Lol, Celice was a bad student of Shanan and thats his punishment. -3 is har sh regardless. Say does spot pass appear randomly or will everyone who gets it will always have celice first?

I've gotten Lords first for every SpotPass team, but others haven't. So I'm not sure what's going on here. The order does seem to be consistent for a given team between all my files, but apparently other people have had different experiences, too.

Edited by Othin

Just finished Emelina's map , the map ends when you kill the boss and Emelina is recruited if she's alive I also talked to her with Krom but I'm not sure if that affects her recruitment, she also give you a fortify when the chapter is over..I got Julius from spotpass and he sucks compared to his father.

Edited by Velth

Just finished Emelina's map , the map ends when you kill the boss and Emelina is recruited if she's alive I also talked to her with Krom but I'm not sure if that affects her recruitment, she also give you a fortify when the chapter is over..I got Julius from spotpass and he sucks compared to his father.

Well, I'll talk to her with Krom when I go back to it to make sure.

So she has Fortify in her inventory when she joins, or nothing and it's just in storage?

Edited by Othin

Well, I'll talk to her with Krom when I go back to it to make sure.

So she has Fortify in her inventory when she joins, or nothing and it's just in storage?

it goes directly to storage ,it's more like completing a map reward than anything ,her inventory is empty

Emelina question:

Can she talk at all? Or does she just mumble?

In the sidequest, her lines are mostly along the lines of:

.............e...........

So yeah really just mumbling.

Edit:

Okay apparently she gets out some words eventually but it takes a while. The above is just how she talks in the sidequest, it looks like, not after she joins.

Edited by Othin

She is an NPC, and her NM stats line up. Like with most characters, her stats are increased on HM. I don't know her recruitment conditions yet.

Emelina is on the island on the middle bottom of the map. I was hoping that would be saved for Paris, but it's still a really cool location, I think.

Also, FE4 Gen 2 SpotPass is out. Celice is a Swordmaster with Spd capped at 43. -3 modifier, wtf?

About Celice's -3 speed modifier. Can we blame Diadora for that? Since the only good thing she gives Celice is that Naga(or Narga) blood.

About Celice's -3 speed modifier. Can we blame Diadora for that? Since the only good thing she gives Celice is that Naga(or Narga) blood.

Her Spd modifier is apparently 0, so I don't think we can.

This seems odd. Is this the only time in the game something like this happens?

Which? Getting items sent directly to storage? That's definitely not the case; it happens with all the DLC item rewards like the All Stats +2 Book, the Demon Fighter Scroll, Silver Card...

This seems odd. Is this the only time in the game something like this happens?

Nope , it also happens when you beat a skirmish against 2 corpse soldier teams occupying the same map

Also something of note, Julius' team has the fe4 legendary weapons (ichival, falaflame, balmung , swanchika,gungnir,) while Julius has Goetia(in retrospect he has slightly more mag and def while having less hp,speed,skill compared to Alvis)

Edited by Velth

Specifically, the same legendary weapons as the ones dropped by the Ch22 Dark Warlords. Do their classes line up?

Didn't even think about that, yes their classes match and also they have the same skills the dark warlords have in HM

Edited by Velth