Othin Plays FE13!

Othin

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, unmounted, unarmor lance unit. Cool beans. Definitely a supportive class. Love Cry seems hilarious (I'm hesitant to call it a better Rainbow Cry though), and Bonds is like healing sans a staff.

Battle Cleric L'arachel. Now she can seriously smite those demons. Awesome chosen units.

What is this fuckery, FE13 gets US confirmation and we're in here derping about Nergal's turban?

This is call for a celebration people

Here here!

BTW, sorry if this question was already answered millions of times (I've been avoiding spoilers, or at least trying), but what can Valkyries use besides staves?

What is this fuckery, FE13 gets US confirmation and we're in here derping about Nergal's turban?

This is call for a celebration people

The announcement bugs me, at least how it happened. So does Eirika not using her personal weapon.

Brides use lances? There's your non-mounted lance unit folks. Does Eirika's lack of use of her name-sake weapon potentially threaten our DLC theory? I'd say not, but it's interesting to say the least...

And Hector finally shows up in a DLC/SpotPass team.

Well, to fit it into the pattern, I'm inclined to say DLC-only classes are just potential exceptions so the "always personal weapon" rule. But as for what this means for Sigurd as a Master Knight, I'm not sure, and we'll have to wait another three weeks to find out.

What's also rather strange is getting lances/bows here in general. This should confirm that there will be a final class, and that it will use bows/tomes, but the third weapon is unclear. I'm still hoping for lances, though.

Sigurd as a Master Knight makes particular sense because of avoiding redundancy with Eliwood no matter what his melee weapon is. And it would be very stupid to have the two male-accessible DLC classes share swords and tomes. Of course, it would also be strange to have the two female-accessible DLC classes share lances and bows, but at least that's not a combination they already have from two other classes.

The real reason for the issue is that Demon Fighter and Bride don't overlap: each covers a different three of the six weapons, so whatever combination of three the last class uses wouldn't be balanced between the two. This better not cause any problems for the class's presence or covering those key weapon types. Males need that lance class; as it stands, the three most notable lance classes by far are all female-exclusive.

Ooh, unmounted, unarmor lance unit. Cool beans. Definitely a supportive class. Love Cry seems hilarious (I'm hesitant to call it a better Rainbow Cry though), and Bonds is like healing sans a staff.

Battle Cleric L'arachel. Now she can seriously smite those demons. Awesome chosen units.

Love Cry is definitely worse than Rainbow Cry, but it's more available and accessible at a much lower level, and stacks with it. I'd say it's great no matter what. Rainbow Cry was already the second-best skill in the game; Love Cry should still be better than the rest of the Cry skills.

Edited by Othin

Well, to fit it into the pattern, I'm inclined to say DLC-only classes are just potential exceptions so the "always personal weapon" rule. But as for what this means for Sigurd as a Master Knight, I'm not sure, and we'll have to wait another three weeks to find out.

What's also rather strange is getting lances/bows here in general. This should confirm that there will be a final class, and that it will use bows/tomes, but the third weapon is unclear. I'm still hoping for lances, though.

Sigurd as a Master Knight makes particular sense because of avoiding redundancy with Eliwood no matter what his melee weapon is. And it would be very stupid to have the two male-accessible DLC classes share swords and tomes. Of course, it would also be strange to have the two female-accessible DLC classes share lances and bows, but at least that's not a combination they already have from two other classes.

The real reason for the issue is that Demon Fighter and Bride don't overlap: each covers a different three of the six weapons, so whatever combination of three the last class uses wouldn't be balanced between the two. This better not cause any problems for the class's presence or covering those key weapon types. Males need that lance class; as it stands, the three most notable lance classes by far are all female-exclusive.

I personally think that Sigurd getting a Mounted class is certain. Bride using lances seems to serve the purpose of giving players the option of a non-mounted lance wielding class while at the same time making use of a weapon combination that has yet to be seen.

Now, for our proposed Master Knight class, could it be possible that this class has access to all offensive weapon types? In this case, having Bow/Tomes wouldn't look as unusual if the unit could use Swords/Axe/Lance/Bow/Tomes. This is one possibility I could see happening even if a class with 5 weapon types is highly unlikely. I doubt such a class would have any skills of high usefulness at all.

Edited by Shun One

The Spotpass for FE7 disappoints me greatly. :/ Oh well, glad I didn't have expectations for it. :lol:

Maybe it could be Lances, Swords, and Dark Magic.

Swords fits Sigurd and Alm, Lances from Eirika. Tomes have technically already been used, but the Dark magic makes it kinda unique.

Okay, now it doesn't bug me.

I personally think that Sigurd getting a Mounted class is certain. Bride using lances seems to serve the purpose of giving players the option of a non-mounted lance wielding class while at the same time making use of a weapon combination that has yet to be seen.

Now, for our proposed Master Knight class, could it be possible that this class has access to all offensive weapon types? In this case, having Bow/Tomes wouldn't look as unusual if the unit could use Swords/Axe/Lance/Bow/Tomes. This is one possibility I could see happening even if a class with 5 weapon types is highly unlikely. I doubt such a class would have any skills of high usefulness at all.

Not likely. The profile screen only shows weapon types the character actually can use, and there's only room for three. That and it would basically obsolete every other class for every single character, which would be incredibly boring - even without skills of its own.

Maybe it could be Lances, Swords, and Dark Magic.

Swords fits Sigurd and Alm, Lances from Eirika. Tomes have technically already been used, but the Dark magic makes it kinda unique.

Huh? The combination that's key here is bows/tomes, and dark magic always includes regular tomes. Also, adding it to a three-weapon class would just be weird, especially for a mounted one. I suspect we'll get a Dark Blessing Scroll eventually to dick around with it in other classes, but in terms of being built into classes, it's going to stay Dark Mage / Sorcerer only.

Edited by Othin

You're just bummed there's no Rath. :P

I would agree with you, but I honestly didn't think he'd make it in Spotpass. (Hoping, but I didn't expect Rath in all seriousness.) I'm not happy with Serra, Matthew, AND Jaffar. I'd complain about Nino, but I just KNEW she'd be in it from the beginning.

I think I saw on a screenshot that there might be room for four weapons. So maybe two from Bride and two from Magic Fighter to get the set for Master Knight. Maybe Bow/Staff from Bride and Tome/Sword from Demon Fighter. But you've got the game and I don't.

Edited by Lucina

I would agree with you, but I honestly didn't think he'd make it in Spotpass. (Hoping, but I didn't expect Rath in all seriousness.) I'm not happy with Serra, Matthew, AND Jaffar. I'd complain about Nino, but I just KNEW she'd be in it from the beginning.

For Jaffar, he's probably in it due to the pairing of him and Nino being popular. That's just my guess.

I think I saw on a screenshot that there might be room for four weapons. So maybe two from Bride and two from Magic Fighter to get the set for Master Knight. Maybe Bow/Staff from Bride and Lance/Sword from Demon Fighter. But you've got the game and I don't.

No... there's only enough room for 3 types. Adding a 4th would have it overlap a (useless) decorative area in default version of the stat screen. The alternate version, which has the weapon levels in the bottom right corner looks to have enough room though.

I think I saw on a screenshot that there might be room for four weapons. So maybe two from Bride and two from Magic Fighter to get the set for Master Knight. Maybe Bow/Staff from Bride and Lance/Sword from Demon Fighter. But you've got the game and I don't.  

Looking at the classes with three weapons, there is definitely no room for even a fourth.

Also, every bit of the screen gets used for something. No room to even push anything back without shrinking something.

Not likely. The profile screen only shows weapon types the character actually can use, and there's only room for three. That and it would basically obsolete every other class for every single character, which would be incredibly boring - even without skills of its own.

Wasn't aware of this. Alright, that's all the speculation I have on it for now. I'll wait till next week.

For now, what map did Eirika's DLC use? I'm curious as to the over-all difficulty regarding it.

I only said Dark Magic because that's a weapon that hadn't technically been used by either class, so it could be considered unique.

But if that Paragon map was hard, Dark Blessing would have to be hell.

Perhaps to achieve the effect while avoiding the space problem, they could do a FE9!Light magic and have a class-exclusive skill which ties the weapon ranks for other weapon types to a single weapon rank which it actually has. Say, for example, they give the Master Knight the actual ranks for swords, magic and staves, then have the skill tie the ability to use lances, axes and bows to the sword rank. Though, given the reclassing functionality of the game and that presumably most classes do not have animations for all weapon types, there could be a problem there unless skills can somehow be locked to specific classes.

Demon Fighter doesn't have Lances, it has Swords/Axes/Tomes. If Master Knight has 4 weapons, Tome/Sword/Bow/Staff?

Whoops, meant tomes.

Maybe Sword/Bow/Tome, just because Swords are like synonymous with Fire Emblem (and Marth but he's irrelevant right now).

I know I've been asking this for a while but has anyone found videos of Celice's DLC?

Edited by Lucina

Wasn't aware of this. Alright, that's all the speculation I have on it for now. I'll wait till next week.

For now, what map did Eirika's DLC use? I'm curious as to the over-all difficulty regarding it.

Map uses FE7 Final again. Character layout is very different from RvB1, though: you have about half the player characters and NPCs in the middle, while the rest are in the four corner rooms. Enemies are at the top and bottom and in the two side rooms next to the main starting point. All doors seem to be open from the start.

I only said Dark Magic because that's a weapon that hadn't technically been used by either class, so it could be considered unique.

But if that Paragon map was hard, Dark Blessing would have to be hell.

I don't think that quite works.

The thing about Dark Blessing is that it already exists, unlike Paragon. Paragon as a new skill (to FE13) worked as a reward for a final map in a trio, whereas Dark Blessing as existing content makes sense as a prize in one of the future monster maps. I suspect that like in IDW, we'll see another map containing random rewards that include scrolls for Dark Blessing, Conqueror, and whatever Paris winds up with. Probably the 5-star monster map.

Perhaps to achieve the effect while avoiding the space problem, they could do a FE9!Light magic and have a class-exclusive skill which ties the weapon ranks for other weapon types to a single weapon rank which it actually has. Say, for example, they give the Master Knight the actual ranks for swords, magic and staves, then have the skill tie the ability to use lances, axes and bows to the sword rank. Though, given the reclassing functionality of the game and that presumably most classes do not have animations for all weapon types, there could be a problem there unless skills can somehow be locked to specific classes.

I'm not seeing it. And no, skills can't be locked to classes.

It just doesn't make sense as something for them to even bother to try going for in the first place. Any solution to change it does not change that implementing an omni-weapon class in a game with reclassing would be terrible.

Whoops, meant tomes.

Maybe Sword/Bow/Tome, just because Swords are like synonymous with Fire Emblem (and Marth but he's irrelevant right now).

I know I've been asking this for a while but has anyone found videos of Celice's DLC?

It's possible, but would be boring with Demon Fighter and I don't know why they'd do that and give Brides weapons instead of giving Master Knights lances and Brides swords when males need lances and lances suit Sigurd so much better than Eirika.

For Jaffar, he's probably in it due to the pairing of him and Nino being popular. That's just my guess.

He's also got series significance as the first assassin unit. Both the FE7 and FE8 SpotPass teams looks fantastic, I'd say! NewYearsEmoticon.gif

Brides use lances? There's your non-mounted lance unit folks. Does Eirika's lack of use of her name-sake weapon potentially threaten our DLC theory? I'd say not, but it's interesting to say the least...

And Hector finally shows up in a DLC/SpotPass team.

Where was that confirmed!?

Thats kind of like the Female Only Lance/bow class I was thinking of.

Where was that confirmed!?

Thats kind of like the Female Only Lance/bow class I was thinking of.

I confirmed it. Brides use lances/bows/staffs. Bought the DLC a while ago and saw Eirika as an enemy, just finished it.

The class is definitely support-oriented, but its base stats are really solid as well, completely outclassing Grandmaster's although having different weapons. Like with Demon Fighter, though, the caps are very general and stay close to 40.

Based on the battle animations, the dress is not as thick or as heavy as it looks, although I don't get how it stays out like it does then.