Othin Plays FE13!

Othin

I confirmed it. Brides use lances/bows/staffs. Bought the DLC a while ago and saw Eirika as an enemy, just finished it.

The class is definitely support-oriented, but its base stats are really solid as well, completely outclassing Grandmaster's although having different weapons. Like with Demon Fighter, though, the caps are very general and stay close to 40.

Based on the battle animations, the dress is not as thick or as heavy as it looks, although I don't get how it stays out like it does then.

How are the Bride's animations?

Edited by Emperor Hardin

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few of them involve a spin, lifting the dress up to the character's knees. Makes it easy to see that it's pretty thin: it's not sticking out because of a bunch of ridiculous layers.

I know next to nothing about dresses, but that's not how I was expecting it to work. However it does work, though, it seems like it's not as much of an obstacle to movement as it initially looked.

Well, there's definitely no mesh. Should we conclude that this particular dress doesn't really get in the way and just looks the way it does because of magic levitation?

Edited by Othin

So with the FE7 team confirmed, where does this leave Ursula? She was an enemy in another dowloadable chapter, right?

Maybe there's a possibility for a second round of villains somewhere down the line? Or maybe the villain's team will have more then 10 characters?

Edited by sallas09

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that. Maybe we'll get her in some other DLC chapter in the future, and hopefully we'll see some other characters come in that way as well.

Ursula? She's definitely on the Villains SpotPass team. It'll be a few months before that teams is released, but when it is, she'll be on it, no question about it.

We should see two more characters as DLC-exclusives in the remaining monster maps, like Eltoshen. I'm expecting Othin as one because of having a weapon; hard to say about the other. With Eltoshen showing up in LvD1, though, it's probably a safe bet that the other two will appear in LvD2.

Third one could be My Unit (Chris) from FE12 in the strategist class. He and Othin are the only characters that have a special item but aren't on a spotpass team.

Well, My MU is getting paired with Tiki.

...Who else hates the fact that Canas isnt in the FE7 Spotpass?

What the hell?! He isn't?! He came in 7th in a popularity poll, and has almost no lines for Gods sake!!

What the hell?! He isn't?! He came in 7th in a popularity poll, and has almost no lines for Gods sake!!

No, they had to put JAFFAR in there instead of Canas.... I mean, I didn't expect Sain to make it, but CANAS?!?!?!

EDIT: Well, I don't really have anything against Jaffar, but I'd rather Canas.

Edited by THOMASQUWACK

Third one could be My Unit (Chris) from FE12 in the strategist class. He and Othin are the only characters that have a special item but aren't on a spotpass team.

I was thinking that, but it sounds odd for another MU to show up. Also, I wouldn't expect him to join at levels appropriate for the 5-star mission. I'm assuming we'll see a 3-star and a 5-star mission to round out the monster maps, and I can't see Othin joining at the end of the 5-star one.

Erm, random question, Othin, have you gotten a Manakete Mark?

My point is: what color is Manakete Marks dragon form? :E

Not so far. Will probably be some time before I do.

I was thinking that, but it sounds odd for another MU to show up. Also, I wouldn't expect him to join at levels appropriate for the 5-star mission.

Chris is basically a main character and all spotpass main lords seem to join at very high levels, so I don't see how it's unlikely he'd be high level... He's also pretty different from the MUs in this game. His base class likely would be Hero, not Strategist. I'd think it'd be more unlikely for him to pop up if they hadn't acknowledged his default name in this game, but, considering how they've done so already, they can make the "canon" Chris appear as an extra DLC unit.

Edited by NeonZ

Chris is basically a main character and all spotpass main lords seem to join at very high levels, so I don't see how it's unlikely he'd be high level... He's also pretty different from the MUs in this game. His base class likely would be Hero, not Strategist. I'd think it'd be more unlikely for him to pop up if they hadn't acknowledged his default name in this game, but, considering how they've done so already, they can make the "canon" Chris appear as an extra DLC unit.

Makes sense, and he does have art of a specific appearance to use. Although I would expect Othin to join as a Hero, too, assuming he joins promoted, which might not be the case. Maybe Warrior is close enough?

Whatever is the case, Chris certainly seems fitting to show up in LvD2.

If there were to be another rogue DLC character like Eltoshen, I would hope for Shanan. While having another FE4 guy seems a bit wrong, it's also a bit odd that he's been entirely left out. His sword is in the game, and he was a fairly major character in Gen 2. I believe that just about every other character with canonical major blood is available in Spotpass in one way or another.

Spoilering it for wall of text

Baldo: Sigurd, Celice

Odo: -

Hezul: Aless, Eltoshen

Noba: Cuan, Altenna

Dain: Trabant (Villains)

Neir: Also missing, but there was never a playable character with major blood.

Ulir: Evayle aka Briggid

Blagi: Missing but has no weapon.

Fala: Alvis, Cyas

Tordo: Ishtar

Holsety: Levin, Sety

Narga: Diadora, Yuria

Lopt: Yurius

Certainly leaves him the odd one out.

Hmm. I can't see all three being Jugdral characters, especially since that would entail four FE4 characters as rewards throughout all DLC.