Othin Plays FE13!

Othin

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely off-topic, but I recently woke up from a nap where I was dreaming about being on some kind of trek/adventure. And the Prologue theme from FE13 was playing in the background. Man, the music in this game kicks ass NewYearsEmoticon.gif

Othin, I had a question about Jerome. Does he take his mask off or does he always wear it?

Pretty sure I saw a picture of him taking his mask off other than his confession image.

Quick question about Casual Mode: Is C.M. basically (one of) the easiest difficulty options in the game, or can you play any difficulty in casual mode? Like is is it set up as Casual<Normal<Hard<Lunatic<Lunatic+, or do you pick a difficulty and then whether or not you play casual(so you could play Casual Mode in Lunatic+ difficulty)?

Quick question about Casual Mode: Is C.M. basically (one of) the easiest difficulty options in the game, or can you play any difficulty in casual mode? Like is is it set up as Casual<Normal<Hard<Lunatic<Lunatic+, or do you pick a difficulty and then whether or not you play casual(so you could play Casual Mode in Lunatic+ difficulty)?

Casual Move is selected separate from difficulty. So you can play Normal Casual, Hard Casual, Lunatic Casual, etc.

Same with FE12.

Do you think it'd be feasible to do a 0% growths run, Othin?

Not without grinding for unlimited stat boosters.

Not even on Normal?

Enemies in Normal Endgame have stats generally in their 20s. At base, Basilio, Flavia, and Tiki would be the only ones to stand a chance, and they wouldn't do great, not even with backup in Double. Note that the start of the chapter involves being charged from all sides by enemies of every regular class with no cover from terrain. And you'd probably have a harder time surviving long enough for Basilio and Flavia to join in the first place.

Then there's the final boss, who they wouldn't be able to stand a chance against. General strategy is to use the two Falchions, but with 0% growths, I doubt you could get the two users to survive a hit from the boss's 55 Atk, let alone avoid getting doubled by his 25 Spd.

Base Krom as a Great Lord has 25 HP, 10 Spd, and 10 Def. You can get some good bonuses with Double and the Cry skills, but you're going to need at minimum +11 Spd and +21 Def, even with no other enemies threatening him. I'm not seeing that. Oh, and without a Str bonus he's doing 10 damage per hit to the boss's 80 HP. Then there's the matter of the boss having 15 Crit and Crimson Curse, so you need 30 CEV to avoid the crit rate entirely. And don't plan on having any assistance nearby with that 1-5 range... which is going to cause serious problems, since that range includes the points where reinforcements can spawn near the final boss.

As for Lucina, her base stats would be crippled by 0% growths because of being dependent on her parents' stats. So while it should be possible for her to start with base stats high enough, it wouldn't be an option with 0% growths.

Edited by Othin

Base Krom as a Great Lord has 25 HP, 10 Spd, and 10 Def. You can get some good bonuses with Double and the Cry skills, but you're going to need at minimum +11 Spd and +21 Def, even with no other enemies threatening him. I'm not seeing that.

Rainbow Cry, Speed Cry, Defense Cry, Speed potion, Defense potion, Special Dance. It's certainly doable on Normal.

EDIT: Forgot to include double/support bonuses.

Edited by Westbrick

On another note, got that DLC yet Othin?

Just got it.

As an enemy:

Eirika

Bride

LV23

HP 44

Str 20

Mag 12

Skl 26

Spd 26

Luck 22

Def 17

Res 16

Move 6

Lance E, Bow C, Staff D

Killer Bow, Mend

Miracle, Love Cry, Bonds

Seems Love Cry is the LV1 skill, similar to Rainbow Cry but buts the bonus to +2 in exchange for including Movement Cry's effect as well. At least it should stack with Rainbow Cry.

Bonds is the LV15 skill, and heals allies within 3 squares for 10 HP per turn.

Very confused about the class having lances. Not sure what this means for the future, but it does leave bows/tomes as the only remaining unused combination.

I should note that Eirika's stats should match up with these when she joins, but her weapon levels and skills will probably be different, as seems to be the pattern so far.

Anyway, the enemies also show the full FE7/8 teams at last:

Eliwood - Paladin

Lyn - Swordmaster

Hector - General

Matthew - Assassin

Serra - Battle Cleric

Florina - Falcon Knight

Karel - Swordmaster

Nino - Sage

Jaffar - Assassin

Nergal - Sorcerer

Eirika - Bride

Ephraim - Great Knight

Seth - Paladin

Moulder - Battle Monk

Lute - Sage

Amelia - General

Innes - Sniper

Marisa - Swordmaster

L'arachel - Battle Cleric

Lyon - Sorcerer

Note that classes may change, but aside from being promoted vs. unpromoted, it's unlikely that any of them other than Eirika will change.

Also, Roy is the map's boss.

Edited by Othin

It's official, IS hates DLC fighters. Amelia theres but none of the other trainees. Eh, still happy with the roster. Wtf? Battle cleric not valkyrie L'arachel?

Oh, somewhat an aesthetic question. But what art does nergal use? With a turban it one with his eye exposed?

Edited by Exiledwolf

Brides use lances? There's your non-mounted lance unit folks. Does Eirika's lack of use of her name-sake weapon potentially threaten our DLC theory? I'd say not, but it's interesting to say the least...

And Hector finally shows up in a DLC/SpotPass team.

Edited by Shun One