Othin Plays FE13!

Othin

Hey Othin, is grinding in hard mode the huge chore it looks like it'd be in Lunatic? I want to mess around with optimized teams against harder challenges than you get in normal mode but the prospect of using the monster maps for grinding in lunatic (since skirmishes are so murderous) is kind of daunting.

Hard mode grinding is relatively laid-back. I'd say that in terms of grinding, the difficulty between Normal and Hard is like the jump between Eliwood Normal and Eliwood Hard: some beefed up enemy stats and slight modifications, but nothing particularly noticeable.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like Libera, being a prepromote, is pretty good on the harder modes where so many of your characters can barely survive. And Libera has something like 15 STR/16 MAG with 40%/50% growths in the Battle Cleric class. And Liz has the exact same offensive growths as him too. Her STR might be slightly lower because the Tier 1 versions have lower STR growths, but she should still be okay. Plus, Axes are the strongest weapon.

Edited by BigBangMeteor

Libera is just really good in general.

Liz is going to have more issues, since she can fight okay with magic but just can't with an axe. On Lunatic, though, she can't fight no matter what, so it's best to make her a Battle Cleric for the durability. She's not going to survive more than a round against anything, but at least it means you have more of a chance of getting her to live through a single ranged attack when she needs to heal near the front line.

Mariabel seems to be a similar story, except she has even more reason to avoid the class because of the option of becoming a Valkyrie. Even on Lunatic, I decided to go for Valkyrie for the mobility.

Brady depends on what stats he inherits, I guess. He's hard to use no matter what, since he starts with E in any weapon type late in the game, and his staff rank is just D, not even C like the other children start with in their weapon ranks. But if he ends up with his Str a lot better than his Mag, and you're using him for whatever reason, then Battle Monk may be the better choice.

The idea to give later joining characters Lunatic Mode boosts so that they didn't become unusable like they were in FE12 was a pretty good idea.

I don't think Lunatic bonuses apply to children characters, or if it does it's not very significant. More than half of the children chapters have near-endgame statted promoted enemies in. Degel(I was able to beat this one just before chapter 18 in my current lunatic run), Mark, Loran, Wood and maybe Chambray if you keep one of the enemies sides as allies seem like the only chapters you'll realistically be able to beat before unlocking the final chapter and spotpass gaidens.

I don't think Lunatic bonuses apply to children characters, or if it does it's not very significant. More than half of the children chapters have near-endgame statted promoted enemies in. Degel(I was able to beat this one just before chapter 18 in my current lunatic run), Mark, Loran, Wood and maybe Chambray if you keep one of the enemies sides as allies seem like the only chapters you'll realistically be able to beat before unlocking the final chapter and spotpass gaidens.

Yikes. So much for my plans of going for them on my Lunatic+ run.

Well, I'll have to take a look when I get there. The only pairing I've made so far is Krom x Sumia, and Cynthia's sidequest isn't available until after Ch18, so I can't access it yet. Velvet x Libera is getting close, though.

Weapon Saver is passive, so you won't see it pop up. It'll work with every other skill. Have fun using Weapon Saver with Leaf's Prizesword. You'll know that it's working if you don't see weapon durability decreasing. Vengeance doesn't stack with anything, nor does it stack with another skill.

Edited by Remnant Sage

Out of curiosity... Does anyone know how Mug works, exactly?

-How much does it generally steal?

-Is it a flat range?

-Dependent upon the enemy unit/type killed?

It's always a 1,000 gold bullion/bag and it's when the unit with Mug defeats the enemy, though it only activates on the player phase like Life Absorb.

Edited by arvilino

Dang. Hero Donny will be such a pimp. He's a pothead (a guy with a pot on his head, not the druggie lol), woos the ladies with the smoothest moves, gets very lucky (high luck stat) and makes a fortune off of Mugging people with Leaf's Prizesword. hat.gif

Since some female units are able to reclass to Pegasus Knight... do we have triangle attacks or no?

Triangle attacks have never been character-based, and two of the three starting Pegasus Knights have no connection to one another.

I haven't tested it, but I'm assuming we do not.

What happens if you move a DLC/Spotpass unit to one of those shinning spots in the map? The characters always seem to say something when they're moved there based on the videos I've seen. Is that just skipped? (And what about a dual group with a spotpass/DLC unit and a standard unit?)

What happens if you move a DLC/Spotpass unit to one of those shinning spots in the map? The characters always seem to say something when they're moved there based on the videos I've seen. Is that just skipped? (And what about a dual group with a spotpass/DLC unit and a standard unit?)

It displays a card with the art on it as the portrait, and they say "...", same as when leveling up.

The cards seem to be the talismans that summon them.

Finished Ch15 Lunatic. As I suspected, it wasn't that difficult once I figured out a good starting plan. My initial plan was to block off the first corridor, at least temporarily, so Libera could get close enough to cast Rescue on Sairi, but that didn't work out well. Eventually, I just waited on the beach and blocked off the stairs leading down from the town, which was easier to defend. Rainbow Cry and Double buffed Libera's Mag enough to grab Sairi from the beach, and also helped Krom and Libera hold off the enemies. There were some enemies on the beach approaching from the left, but Serge and Frederick killed the knights and MU killed the mages when they got close. After all that, the only thing left was the boss. I was also free to visit the houses while heading over there, and got a Physic staff and a lot of gold. I think my team's financial issues are over for the time being.

Ch16 has more promoted enemies and doesn't look as easy to block off, but there are still a lot of chokepoints to abuse. Reinforcements may cause issues, though. My main concern right now is Ch17 looming ahead. On both of my past playthroughs, that was where FE13's difficulty really spiked, having every enemy promoted for the first time in the game, as well as using powerful weapons. Being Lunatic enemies with all forged weapons, they're now even scarier; they're still not easy even for many of my frontliners to face. On Hard, the reinforcements caused particular trouble; I eventually won by rushing through to avoid getting caught, but that's not going to be an option here, so I think I'm going to have to prepare for a long, tricky battle.

Edited by Othin

On Lunatic chapter 17 I cleared the first set of enemies(RHS first and then have those on the left run towards the right and handle those enemies as they approech you) just went to the right side of the map and straight for the boss. I ignored the chests(though it means missing out on the Boots). Though I did find that you can block off the reinforcements with characters on the stairs but it wasn't really worth it as I finished the map just as they show up on the enemy phase. The Boss is a bit of a pain though since she's rather fast and on a throne tile.

18 though is definitely a map you want to clear slowly(I'm still on it), there's almost no way to outmaneuver the enemies to get to Rehna and even then from his stats he's too fast to have a reliable chance of killing in a single round and the enemies only move if you're in range or they get hit by the lava floor when it crumbles underneath them.