Return of the Emblem Chapter Nine: Consolidating Forces

Phoenix

"Well I'll keep an eye on her, make sure she doesn't do anything crazy." Again, why do you care? You just met her, there's no reason for you to give this much of a shit for a random girl, no matter how infatuated with her you are. Silence and anger, hidden by a smile. Oh i get it. I understand completely now! You see your wife in her, don't you? Ahaha, this is too rich... There's a reason that woman left you, you know? Oh right, you wouldn't know... Pfaahahaha! Clenching his teeth as hard as he could, Davod continued to smile, wishing his mind would shut the hell up.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Heehee~ I knew that~" The woman replied with a smirk, as she wheeled about, her back now to Fox' chair.

"Though I'm surprisedddd Fox! I didn't think you had it in you to gift them with names~"

"I don't think you need to worry about that... I don't need my leg broken a third time in Tremere..." Faatina replied, her tone growing slightly somber.

"But on to other subjects, I guess. I was wondering, we never did get a chance to do my assessment at the Guild. I know the tournament has been cancelled, but you've fought with me a couple times now, do you think you could come up with a rating?" Faarina asked with curiosity.

One of the women attempted to be hurrying them along, this was a good thing. Just standing about wasn't increasing her wardrobe beyond this tattered dress, so far as Lisandra could tell.

Synthia waved in return. “It's nice,” she replied honestly when the mariner caught up. With the exception of some of the people in it, it reminded her a little bit of home. Hmm, clothing stalls, clothing stalls, where were the clothing stalls? She kept walking.

-----

Having been resting, or attempting to anyway, Valter sat up on his cot again when the talk of cannons came up. The captain expected them to help out with those? The situation was worse than he had thought. “How much training does it take to shoot one? Without blowing oneself up, of course.”

"Aye, I think so, too," Gytha agreed before adding as an aside, "Heharr, especially without an angry fish merchant demandin' compensation fer Maw's thievery." She chuckled quietly, presumably about a couple memories that were amusing in hindsight. Then, she returned to the task at hand. "So, how much have ye got s'far from that list ye were writin' up?"

“Fish merchant?” There had to be a story there somewhere. Whatever it was, it was apparently humorous. Back to the task at hand, though. “I have half of the things.” Well, there weren't that many things anyway. “I need a set of clothes to replace my ruined ones. Pants, probably. They're more practical at the moment. Maybe some sort of armor to mitigate stabbing. I should've asked Raquel about that, though,” the mage rambled as they walked through the market. She stopped at a stall selling apparel and began to look through their stock. “Hmm..”

"Ah, good, we'll be back at th' ship with time t' spare. Those're good ideas, too, r'gardin' th' new clothes," Gytha commented, "N' aye, fish merchant. If ye want, I could tell ye about it, but it can wait until later, too. Not like it's a secret -- I'll be happy t' tell you about it if yer interested." She was a bit hopeful. This was a good sign, members talking to each other like this and sharing stories.

“I can hear about it later, then,” she told Gytha, regarding the story. Yes, perhaps when they weren't in danger of being killed. ...That might be a while.

So after going back and forth between a few nearby stalls, picking out several possible items, and pitting the merchants against each other, Synthia managed to score on a pair of capris and a simple, purple tunic. She shoved everything into one of Phyllis's saddlebags and crossed the things off the list in her tome. “I guess I could look for a piece of armor here or back in the Dauntless,” she said, thinking. It was maybe half past ten, she estimated. “We have an hour before we need to head back. Feel like exploring the port?”

"Did ye find an animal doctor yet?" Gytha asked, "A normal doctor might work, too, but I want t' do me best fer Maw." She hadn't forgotten the items she'd put on the shopping list.

Infirmary

Fred seemed confident in his ability to hold a cannon in place, but the doctor figured it would just be better if he focused on loading or something ... that and covering his ears. "Don't try to act tough; you'll just hurt yourself. You'll have to talk with the boys working the guns about what your job is, though."

To Valter he said "If you're good at imitating people, then not much. They can show you what you'll need to do, but if we're lucky, we won't need the extra manpower in the end."

Galley

Talitha looked off in a somewhat random direction as she thought back to the fight. "I wasn't really focused on gathering data, but I could probably figure out a few of them from looking back on the situation." she speculated.

Flagship

Fox paused momentarily before responding. "I do. I'm not sure how long I could stand these people relying on numbers or pronoun abuse to refer to my dragons."

“Oh, I had almost forgotten about that,” Synthia said. Damn, she had just looked at the list too. Roy She had to resist the urge to facepalm. “We probably won't find an animal doctor on this side of town, but anyone who sells medical supplies should have what you're looking for. I haven't seen any yet, though.”

-----

Valter nodded at the answer. Well, if it really was that simple... And that's all I'm writing there.

"All right then let's get going, no sense in wasting anymore time than we already have. Come on, I know a good clothes shop near here that should have something for her, heck I'll buy you two something as well if you want. How about a nice frilly dress Robin?" Zach said with a chuckle as he made his way down the ramp off the Leverager

Edited by Eail

"A'right, we'll look fer that," Gytha cheerily replied before grabbing the arm of a passer-by, jerking him a little.

"What do you want?" the man asked, sounding a bit grumpy for some reason.

"D' ye know where we can find a medicine shop?" Gytha asked, innocent as ever.

"Yeah, yeah," he sighed before explaining, "You go that way, then go down the street you'll see there, look for the sign that looks like medicine is drawn on it."

"Thank ye, sir!" Gytha thanked. The man just waved it off as he turned and went on his way.

"Okay, we know where t' go now," Gytha unnecessarily announced, "Let's go."

And so they did. Sure enough, the directions were spot on. There was the sign with a picture of some herbs and a phial on it hanging over a door. Inside were all sorts of scents, most prominent of them from strong-smelling herbs and some sort of burning smell -- or smells? -- from the back.

"Hoy, anyone here?" Gytha called as she walked up to the front counter.

"Yes, yes, I'll be right there!" someone immediately replied from the back. A moment later, the sales clerk came to the counter and asked, "So, what can I do for you?" He had a definite Rexian accent.

"I'm lookin' fer some eye salve fer me cat. She's missin' an eye n' I've been makin' sure it doesn't get infected every mornin' fer years now. I'd also like a couple rolls of bandages please," Gytha requested.

"Cat eye salve for a one-eyed cat? I don't normally hear that request. Not that there haven't been one-eyed cats before. I'll return with your order shortly. In the meantime, go on and make yourselves comfortable. Oh. Unless you had an order too?" the man turned his attention to Synthia.

Well, Sophia would just leave the cannon business to them. Even if she were to volunteer, she'd do far better just healing people in case of any accident or enemy fire, so might as well discard that notion. Either way, if they were leaving at noon then might as well hurry with this...

''Um Raquel,'' she spoke up. ''So you can afford an advance? Since there is still time to go into town, I'd better take care of this now when I can.''

The method of direction asking might have been a little rude from Synthia's perspective, but it got them to their destination. She left Phyllis outside and followed the mariner in, and so many smells assaulted her nose that she sneezed. Gytha made her order and the clerk seemed to think she was there for the same reason. “No, I don't need anything,” she replied.

Edited by roymbrog

Infirmary

"Yeah I can afford it. The gold is in the Dauntless." Raquel replied. She wasn't sure if Sophia wanted her to show her, or go retrieve it for her or what, so after a short pause she added "Did you want me to show you or ..." She began to get out of the small bed as she asked.

"Careful, you've been off your feet for some hours and you're back on the ship, not still ground." the doctor warned.

Sophia was about to answer, but then the doctor relayed his warning.

''If you're still not up for walking you can always just tell me where it is and how much I should take.'' She said. ''I don't think it would be misinterpreted if you're not there, is it?''

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Infirmary

"I have to get up eventually ..." Raquel replied as she stood up. She realized why the man had warned her once she was on her feet. Her sea legs were gone for the moment and she stood there awkwardly for a few seconds.

"Well, count yourselves lucky you're on a galleon and not some little sloop, I guess." he added.

"Okay, I'll be fine, I think. Let's go."

Seems Raquel was fine. Well, time to follow so Sophia just nodded before making her way back.

<Looks like now things here are over,> John thought. <Well, I suppose I can get some breakfast now. I'm in no hurry about this cannon business after all. At most just what role I'm assigned.> So with that he decided to follow them back to the deck.

"Me? In a frilly dress? The girl who wears animal hides and skins her own clothes... In a frilly dress? How about wearing a monocle as well along with one of those silly hats? Do you want to see me dressed up like a noble lady? Lia would be much better wearing the dress than me."

Infirmary to Dauntless

Raquel made for the Dauntless and frowned at the hole in her vest the whole time. Blood removal and reweaving would be simple enough, but she could use a change of clothes, herself ... a change of clothes she wasn't even sure she had at that moment. Once they arrived, Raquel carefully stepped inside, giving a small wave to Connor and Gabbie when she saw them inside. "Ohhh how much stuff could have been stolennn and how none the woiser you would have beennnn~" was Gabbie's greeting. Raquel didn't acknowledge it with anything more than a grimace before heading toward the sacred money crate. Yeah we'll call it that for now.

"So how much did you need, exactly?" she turned to ask Sophia.

''Well, I really don't know,'' Sophia answered. ''This town is bound to have several places selling clothes, and most are bound to have them at different prices. Perhaps not a big difference, but I suppose it's still something. Personally I don't plan to buy a lot though, just enough for the return trip to Ursium until I can recover my things.'' Though either way, it'd be nice to have clothes of the region back at home, she was thinking.

-----

John for his part went straight to Gil, who greeted him with a grunt. ''Took me long enough huh,'' he said before searching up, something for him and something for Gil, all while the latter only answered with another grunt.

Main Deck

Sophia's answer wasn't specific enough for Raquel, but pressing the issue further wasn't going to help much, so she came to another decision instead. "Maybe I should come along too ..." she paused to think back a ways. "... I was just a few days from doing some clothes shopping when this whole mess started." she said mostly to herself.

"You guys are going shopping?" Gabbie asked.

Oh, she's planning in buying something too? Sophia though.

''Yes,'' she answered Gabbie. Then as for the previous comment... ''By whole you mean the emblem thing or just the kidnapping and ending up here?'' She asked.

-----

''Well Gil, surely you've noticed how things around here are different today,'' John said before taking a bite of his food, leaning against the wyvern, who was likewise eating.

''We're gonna be leaving sooner that expected, so we're not gonna be doing much until then,'' he continued. And now a grunt was heard.

''Yeah that's how things are. You might not even get to fly around as you please even afterwards. We're in for some tough times at sea,'' another bite, another grunt.

<I suppose it's for the best anyway. He might even need to move below deck with the rest of the mounts.> He thought. <Well, we'll see I guess.>

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Connor

"I wondered what that crate was for...is that really the best place to store your money? I guess you didn't have a lot of time before you uh, had to go but maybe when you get back to Ursium you should invest it in a bank or something," Connor suggested.

Nadya

Well that probably just depressed her more than anythin'. Hopefully Bert pays a visit down here when he wakes up- he usually takes pretty good care of her when he's conscious. Nadya admitted in her mind. She decided to go to the mess hall to pick up some possible free food, but started to turn back as soon as she saw Talitha there. Don't tell me she's part of the group now- ugh Raquel's really settin' herself for trouble if that's the case. she thought to herself, heading back below decks to eat from her pack.

Veronika

"I'd rather not rely on luck if possible. I'm heading down to see how these cannons work and I'd suggest anyone who can't fly or use magic do the same in the near future," Veronika said to those still in the infirmary, which wasn't very many people at all at this point. She then walked away from the infirmary and made her way below decks, looking for these so-called "powder monkeys".

"Alright, then," the clerk replied before returning his attention to Gytha, "I'll have your order ready in a minute, if you want it fresh."

"We're a bit pressed fer time. D' ye have any salve alreada made?" she asked the clerk.

"Yes, I could go get that if you'd rather have it. I'll be right back." With that, he disappeared into the back room again, reappearing a moment later with the rolls of bandages and the salve in a sealed container. Gytha thanked the clerk, paid him for the items and put them into her belt pouch. "A'right, that's all I needed. Should we head back t' th' ship?" Gytha asked Synthia.