I hope the localization for this game is as good as Shadow Dragon's, at least.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It most likely will be roughly the same. The NA localization team consists of only a small handful of people, and the same group more or less has localized every FE to come to America. (In fact, a lot of FERD's script problems stem from the fact that the game was too large for the same small group to work on, and so more people were brought on with less team unity, causing the disparity in quality that plagues FERD. But I digress).

The localizers, by the way, are really slick guys. If you read their interviews (not the ones where they just shamelessly plug the games, but actually talk about the localization process) then you'll see that they really know their stuff. For instance, in localizing Bastian they decided to write all of his lines in iambic pentameter; an impressive feat by itself, but let alone translating something that already exists into that? They're high quality writers for sure.

Something that some people around these forums seem to miss

(In fact, a lot of FERD's script problems stem from the fact that the game was too large for the same small group to work on, and so more people were brought on with less team unity, causing the disparity in quality that plagues FERD. But I digress).

Uh, shit.

FE13 is bigger.

Edited by Othin

It most likely will be roughly the same. The NA localization team consists of only a small handful of people, and the same group more or less has localized every FE to come to America. (In fact, a lot of FERD's script problems stem from the fact that the game was too large for the same small group to work on, and so more people were brought on with less team unity, causing the disparity in quality that plagues FERD. But I digress).

The localizers, by the way, are really slick guys. If you read their interviews (not the ones where they just shamelessly plug the games, but actually talk about the localization process) then you'll see that they really know their stuff. For instance, in localizing Bastian they decided to write all of his lines in iambic pentameter; an impressive feat by itself, but let alone translating something that already exists into that? They're high quality writers for sure.

Something that some people around these forums seem to miss

go away

Uh, shit.

FE13 is bigger.

Really???

It's bigger than the 45 chapters that Radiant Dawn has? Damn that game must have a lot of content!

I mean, FE games normally have a healthy amount of content, and that's just with 25-ish chapters..

Really???

It's bigger than the 45 chapters that Radiant Dawn has? Damn that game must have a lot of content!

I mean, FE games normally have a healthy amount of content, and that's just with 25-ish chapters..

It's 25 chapters + >18 Gaidens + 2 DLC chapters at least a month

Really???

FE10 has 43 chapters. FE13 has 27 main story chapters, 17 sidequests, and a hell of a lot else with all the bonus maps, both free and paid ones. The free maps should effectively kick it up to at least 23 sidequests when they finish. If we're looking at it from a gameplay perspective of content, there's unlimited skirmishes, and the enemy SpotPass teams can function as more, unique skirmishes for getting the past game characters. If we're looking at the story and dialogue content, the huge number of supports adds a lot, compared to FE10 which had no real supports at all.

Edited by Othin

FE10 has 43 chapters. FE13 has 27 main story chapters, 17 sidequests, and a hell of a lot else with all the bonus maps, both free and paid ones. If we're looking at it from a gameplay perspective of content, there's unlimited skirmishes, and the enemy SpotPass teams can function as more, unique skirmishes for getting the past game characters. If we're looking at the story and dialogue content, the huge number of supports adds a lot, compared to FE10 which had no real supports at all.

I remember hearing that FE10 had as much dialogue as FE9 in terms of sheer words, despite the lack of support conversations.

I remember hearing that FE10 had as much dialogue as FE9 in terms of sheer words, despite the lack of support conversations.

Or, to put it another way, FE10 had as little dialogue as FE9 in terms of sheer words despite the longer story, due to the lack of support conversations.

Meanwhile FE13 has a ton of supports and an even longer story.

"This content is Japan-only" *Sigurd DLC* Facepalm_emote_gif.gif That would suck.

Well, let's look at the possibilities. They're going to include Marth, so that means the Spirit Talisman trio with Roy and Micaiah. That also means featuring the 20 characters in those maps, two from each game, who appear to constitute the DLC lineup. So they have to translate those characters and show them to us, and they want money, right?

I'm sure NoA is just going to copy and paste the translation from NoE's version.

Of course.

That's how the US got Shadow Dragon translated in their language barriers.

"This content is Japan-only" *Sigurd DLC* Facepalm_emote_gif.gif That would suck.

Aww...x.x

Was looking forward to seeing how Sigurd would be translated if FE4 was at the US.

-----

Don't give up hope. US will get it too. They just need to save up enough profits from their other games in order to make this happen. The same happened with RD and Shadow Dragon to get localized in the US.

They did it for Xenoblade. Might do the same here and save themselves the trouble.

For every other Fire Emblem game it's been the other way around, with NoE copy and pasting NOA's translation. Just because EU release is coming first doesn't change that, as seen with FESD.

Xenoblade's already been released in NA but I'm sure I've misunderstood your statement

I honestly hope that the NA branch do their own localization because the writers are fantastic. Xenoblade's localization had a lot of charm to it, as did Last Story, but I think of the differences between the NoA script for Days of Ruin and NoE ("Dark Conflict"), and I cringe. The former was a significantly better piece of writing. Still, the odds of that happening are fairly low.