Rate The Unit, Day 18: Nailah

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac).

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Savior to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Skills can be reassigned freely.

- No transfers.

- PKL withholds the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Fiona: 1.20

Meg: 1.341

Vika: 2.4

Leonardo: 2.531

Tormod: 3.28

Ilyana: 3.75

Tauroneo: 4.5

Maurim: 4.72

Aran: 4.926

Laura: 5.139

Edward: 6.316

Micaiah: 6.5

Zihark: 7.44

Jill: 8.46

Volug: 8.875

Sothe: 8.938

Nolan: 9.069

Sorry for the mix up. Everyone's favorite wolf lady is up.

Edited by Lucina

o.O Woah

I saw someone post in Tauroneo's thread, so I just assumed that it was the last one. Give me ~5 minutes and this'll turn into Nailah's thread, since I think she's next.

Edit: Fixed. Go crazy.

Edited by Lucina

Nailah is fast enough to only need 1 speed proc to double everythign in the game. She mauls absolutely everything. Not as good as Tibarn or the Lions but still up there with the usable royals (sorry Kurth)

Also Glare does not help training Meg and Fiona. That +10 Defense enemies get will get you a lot of (No Damage)

8.5/10

An extremely useful royal who actually has more maps than 4-F to exist and kick ass in. You certainly don't want to overuse her if you intend to use the rest of the DB, but that ain't her fault for being far more awesome than those losers. She's plenty fast, as a Royal she has no transformation issues, and she will murder the shit out of people.

Downsides? Uhhhhhh... Fire vulnerability (which probably won't kill her) and no 2-range? Well, that and availability. But she's more available than most of the Royals. Basically, Volug is circumstantially better but Nailah is obviously an overpowered unit whenever she does happen to be around. And she's not around a lot, but still, she's around more than most and in Part 1 on top of that when being OP actually is quite helpful.

But I am counting availability for a lot. It's important in this game. Nailah just offsets it by not caring that much how much experience she gains, so it doesn't slam her as hard as it'd slam a crapbucket like Fiona.

7.5/10

10/10

badass female character. royal laguz. excellent design. speed is high as fuck. criticals/savage everywhere. glare is somewhat useful. good availabilty. as far as i know, she has no faults.

7/10

Royal with the most chapters, however, that doesn't mean she has fantastic availability. She is still great and never slows down.

Pros:

+Comes with her mastery skill

+Never has to deal with transformation gauge but would kick ass anyway

+Destroys in every situation ever

+No seriously, she's awesome

Cons:

-Disappears for a long chunk of the game

Nailah is invaluable for the chapters she appears in. The Dawn Brigade chapters are just that much less of a nightmare with her around. Chapter 8 is especially horrible but Nailah is one of the units who is essential when it comes to saving the villagers. She could honestly solo all of part 1 if she were around for every chapter. Even part 2 and 3 would be no sweat for her. Unfortunately, she'll be gone until part 4 and she'll still kick ass even when she comes back, unlike some certain other units *coughTormodandfriendscough* so she is an excellent, even necessary, crutch. Her availability is really bad, though, but heck, what would you do without her in part 1? Level Meg? Oh, yeah, and her design is totally kickass and so is Volug. She is among the most awesome female characters in Fire Emblem as a series, let alone Radiant Dawn.

8/10 with a +1 bias, so 9/10

Nailah, wolf queen of Hatari. Comes to Micaiah's aid.

Pros:

emot-aaaaa.gifemot-fh.gif

Amazing bases.

Formshift.

Savage.

All the things.

Cons:

Experience hog.

Nailah is broken. Broken and wrong. When she shows up, she is unstoppable. She creams everything she runs into with a OHKO. When shes not doing that, shes critting and Savaging. Shes got high move so she can murder everything farther away. Even untransformed, she's fast enough to dodge most junk and kick the balls of all the things. Shes got Formshift which allows for constant transformation so murdering is always an option. Shes just.....all sorts of wtf awesome. Shes also around for more chapters than the other Royals. Nice. Downside is, that Nailah is an experience hog and she doesnt have a huge amount of utility use outside shove, rescuing and Glare. Thats pretty cool but yeah, not like the best utility unit for one so high leveled. Shes great though and can really help in a very sticky situation. (killing those thieves in 1-E for example when all your other guys are busy or cant get there in time.) So yeah. Nailah. Broken and wrong. Like all the royals, overusing her results in your other guys missing out on precious EXP. I dont really count her availability as a con because shes so damn broken, if she were around more, it would kinda hurt the rest of your guys. It is a bit of a bitch that she isnt around as a blue unit in 3-13 though. Oh well.

Nailah is AWESOME because GLARE really helps in training MEG and FIONA!!!!1!

This also is true, hilariously enough. Fiona can whack at a Glare'd priest for some CEXP. It may take many turns but yeah...its an option. Its probably the only use i can find for Glare. Sadly its hit rate is kinda shitty.

8/10. 9/10 bias because she is my favorite royal. Wolfums.

Edited by Florina

Ravages EVERYTHING in sight.

Bases are nuts.

Availability is great

WOLF :)

Formshift

Great in Micaiah's Story as well as the Final Chapter

9/10 +1 Bias for awesome. 10/10

Overpowered for her joining time and being the only Laguz royal having more availibility than any other. It's too bad that she doesn't get her own battle theme. Can 0KO anything in the game with Savage. What more do you want out of a godsend unit.

10/10

Edited by リンダ

Its probably the only use i can find for Glare. Sadly its hit rate is kinda shitty.

Story time!

I was being kind of a noob in part 1 endgame, and the thieves were getting ahead of me. I had Naliah and Sothe rush after them, but one had items and was going to escape the next turn. In a last ditch attempt (No battle save, mind you) I had realised that naliah couldn't kill the thief before sothe restole his stuff. Naliah runs up.. 13 hit chance with Glare. It was almost worthless. Boom. That thief turned a grey color and I could steal what I pleased. Ironic, killing him after he was naked was the hardest part.

Anyhoo.

Naliah is broken. Broken, and has the coolest class in the game imo. Savage has such a high activation rate it's not even funny. She demolishes in part 1, and is one of your best units even in ENDGAME without any training. She falls behind at the very, very end to Cain and Tibarn, because of Nihil, but an amazing unit nothless. I personally just Laguz gem Volug for the endgame instead, because I like his transformed look more. Brown wolves ftw.

9.5/10

Edited by Melonhead215