The Resistance IV

Tables

I just got a feeling that you said no because you didn't feel that this team would succeed. If that was your reason, then that suggests that you are Res.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, although I'd like to include myself in the proposal, I won't, because looking at 4.2, that clearly wouldn't have any success. Marth will be in the proposal, obviously. I'm thinking Kay for the second person, and either Rein or Elieson for the third. Originally I'd thought that Rein was more scummy, but looking at a couple of other games I've seen with him in them, it's just his style to not post very much. And Marth has made some pretty good points for why Elieson is scummy.

Originally, I'd thought that Eclipse could auto-win at this point... she can't if Rein decides to Strong Leader after she Strong Leaders. While I don't actually think he would do that, it's not a 100% thing, so the game not being over yet doesn't actually clear anyone. Bleh.

Who do you guys think should get the third spot, Rein or Elieson?

Elieson, unless you proposed the exact team I did, I was going to veto it. Between you and Rein, I trust Rein more.

Anyway, BBM, that should tell you that Yours Truly and Rein can't be a spy team.

So you distrust me that much compared to Rein? From my perspective, that's just downright silly. I agree with Marth's likelihood of Res-dom.

But I must ask. Where is this incredible display of Rein-telligence (you like that pun?) that you just can't deny as crappy logic? Are you referring to his recent one-liners that don't have anything in them, his most recent big post where he admitted to not having anything of real importance to add, or his early game "noobs think they should be trusted since they trust themselves, now start voting no and discuss more", which was good while it lasted?

I see that I'm in your bottom 2 of trust category, but I don't see what rein has really done in the 2nd half of this game that you find so god damned trustworthy.

The bottom paragraph was aimed at Eclipse btw. The rest was kinda aimed at bbm and eclipse.

I'll say it again. I would like the Resistance to win.

Therefore, I would like to be included on this mission.

As Eclipse just said, the scumteam cannot consist of both Rein and Eclipse, or they would have won by now, unless the plan is to make us look stupid. But not only would a plan like that be unlikely in a game where the spies cannot communicate, I don't think either of them would do something like that.

The assumption of this proposal is that I am a resistance. Therefore:

Marth is resistance. One of Elieson and Rein, but not both, is a spy. One of Eclipse and Kay, but not both, is a spy. Both Eclipse and Rein cannot be spies.

If I propose a team of Marth, Kay, and Elieson, it can only succeed if the scumteam is Rein/Eclipse + me, which it is not. Therefore, the only teams which do not include me that have a chance of success are Marth+Rein+Kay, Marth+Eclipse+Elieson, and Marth+Eclipse+Rein. Frankly, I'm leaning more towards a spyteam of Eclipse+Elieson than Rein+Kay or Elieson+Kay.

Opinions now? Which of the three look best?

As Eclipse just said, the scumteam cannot consist of both Rein and Eclipse, or they would have won by now, unless the plan is to make us look stupid. But not only would a plan like that be unlikely in a game where the spies cannot communicate, I don't think either of them would do something like that.

Marth is resistance. One of Elieson and Rein, but not both, is a spy. One of Eclipse and Kay, but not both, is a spy. Both Eclipse and Rein cannot be spies.

If I propose a team of Marth, Kay, and Elieson, it can only succeed if the scumteam is Rein/Eclipse + me, which it is not. Therefore, the only teams which do not include me that have a chance of success are Marth+Rein+Kay, Marth+Eclipse+Elieson, and Marth+Eclipse+Rein. Frankly, I'm leaning more towards a spyteam of Eclipse+Elieson than Rein+Kay or Elieson+Kay.

First, let me say something.

Round 2.1: Mission 2 by BigBangMeteor

Team: Elieson, BigBangMeteor, apocalypseArisen,

Yes: Elieson, BigBangMeteor, Kay, Marth,

No: apocalypseArisen, Luster Purge,

Result: Yes - 4, No - 2

Proposal passes

1 Sabotage

Round 3.2: Mission 3 by Kay

Team: BigBangMeteor, apocalypseArisen, Kay, Luster Purge

Yes: Elieson, BigBangMeteor, apocalypseArisen, Kay, Luster Purge, Marth

No:

Result: Yes - 6, No - 0

Proposal passes

1 Sabotage (Wasn't Rein).

Participants that were on 1 sabotaged mission are Elieson, Kay, Luster Purge/Eclipse and apocalypseArisen

Participants that were on 0 sabotaged missions are Marth.

Why are we still discounting the possibility that BBM and Rein are both spies?!?! BBM and Rein were on 2 missions together, and we know only Rein was supporting one of them.

That aside, personally, I stand by the bolded, which is what I suggested in my proposal, because of the above reasoning. That, and

It's my proposal. That's why I'm discounting the possibility of me being a spy. I won't include myself in the proposal because that clearly won't go through, but I'm still not going to assume that I'm a spy in my theories.

Sorry, I accidentally posted it before I finished.

That, and

Well, although I'd like to include myself in the proposal, I won't, because looking at 4.2, that clearly wouldn't have any success. Marth will be in the proposal, obviously. I'm thinking Kay for the second person, and either Rein or Elieson for the third. Originally I'd thought that Rein was more scummy, but looking at a couple of other games I've seen with him in them, it's just his style to not post very much. And Marth has made some pretty good points for why Elieson is scummy.

Originally, I'd thought that Eclipse could auto-win at this point... she can't if Rein decides to Strong Leader after she Strong Leaders. While I don't actually think he would do that, it's not a 100% thing, so the game not being over yet doesn't actually clear anyone. Bleh.

Who do you guys think should get the third spot, Rein or Elieson?

What suddenly changed your mind on Rein in this game? He spent the first half of the game posting a bunch and digging for information, and trying to get us all to do the same, and by the time we jumped on board (kinda), he quit posting anything worth a damn. Not to say that he isn't posting much, but his sparse posts have like, no meat in them. Where did this thought come from that he's not a spy?

Don't mind the bolded part. My daughter was playing with the keyboard and bumped me as I was highlighting things.

What changed my mind? Because, like I said, meta has made me think that more than being a spy, he's just not very active or opinionated. And also, call it a bit of a gut thing, but I've been feeling for a while that you seemed a bit suspicious. When Eclipse came in, it seemed for a while that you were kind of sheeping her. I mean, there's nothing wrong about being influenced by logic that you think makes sense, but you seemed kind of overboard about it, and agreeing with her so much just seemed off when right before that, you were talking about how you wanted to formulate your own opinions. And then, as Marth said, and as I said even earlier, your waffling around after 3.1 was weird. In addition, you're tunneling in a lot on Rein, even though you don't find Eclipse scummy and one of our main reasons for thinking Rein was scummy was his policy of voting no for trends. It was one of my main reasons, in any case. And Eclipse agrees with that method of voting. Finally, if only one of Eclipse and Rein can be a spy, I'd go with it being Eclipse. And if she's a spy, you are too.

However, Kay hasn't posted much lately either, her last post being one about how Eclipse shouldn't have made that post she did about all the possible scumteams. And, IMO, that post was probably Eclipse's most pro-town post.

Yeah BBM's post above states the reasons why I proposed Rein/me/BBM for 4.2 Its started to look like Elieson and eclipse were spies. Especially when eclipse was saying that Elieson was forming his own opinions better than I was trying. W/e, eclipse has the power to end this game now, so lol. Hope for the best!

Rein's performance early on is far better than yours for the entire game, Eli. I don't mind the fact that Rein vetoes stuff early; that's what's supposed to happen. Now, Hit Chart the Second: Possible Teams. Assuming the first person that's named is a Spy. . .

Eli - You can't be paired with Rein or Marth.

BBM - Everyone can be your partner. Including Tables.

Rein - Your scumbuddy is either Kay or BBM.

Kay - You can't be paired with Marth or Yours Truly.

Me - Your scumbuddy is either Elieson or BBM.

Marth - Your partner must be BBM.

If I was a Spy, the game would already be over. I hold both Strong Leader and No Confidence. I could theoretically Strong Leader now, force the fifth mission, then use No Confidence to auto-win. I'll let you guys think about that possibility, while I point out that Eli didn't really answer BBM's question of:

The thing is, Rein, if he so wishes, could Strong Leader over your Strong Leader. Of course, if you were a spy, giving the card to someone other than your partner at that point would be questionable. I suppose it's possible that you hadn't thought of this early win opportunity before giving the card, but that's unlikely, especially as I'd made a post about how you could win by the fourth proposal before you gave the card away. And I think you would have seen that possibility regardless.

Well, if Eclipse is resistance and Kay is a spy, it could still be either Rein or Elieson for the second... I'd propose Marth+Eclipse+BBM, but that probably wouldn't go through, and then if Rein is a spy... even if Eclipse uses Strong Leader, he could Strong Leader as well and then we'd be done.

Some input from Rein and Kay would be good.

So? There are two proposals left. No Confidence lets you ruin one of them, but Strong Leader only lets you ruin the second if Rein doesn't counter with his own Strong Leader.

Perhaps you forgot, bbm.

5 failed proposals = 1 pt for the spy team.

And eclipse, I did answer his question.

It's not that hard to say "I like Marth, Eclipse, and me as a team". Your daughter bolded another part of a quote, which means I'm less likely to read what you highlight. It's also easier to quote things when you say it outright.

Yes, but if you save both Strong Leader and No Confidence for 4.5, then I can still propose a team for this proposal that could go through, and possibly succeed.

Here, let me outline The Perfect Doomsday Scenario, Assuming Eclipse Wants To Make You All Miserable.

1. I yoink control for 4.4, and do whatever. For giggles, I can suggest a team of Integrity, Soul, and Crash.

2. This puts the rest of the game in a dilemma. If you pass Integrity/Soul/Crash, the world will end, because none of them are playing, and Soul would sabotage for giggles. Now, assuming the mission is rejected. . .

3. 4.5 rolls around. It doesn't matter what's proposed here; I can use No Confidence and auto-win for the spies.

I believe we're on 4.4 now. Think about it. Now think about what would happen if I'm not a spy; No Confidence on 4.5 is suicide for Resistance.

It's not that hard to say "I like Marth, Eclipse, and me as a team".

I like Marth, Eclipse, and me as a team.

There. Now I said it.

Thanks, Eli~!

Now enough fear-mongering you two scumbuddies; I think I illustrated that if I was a spy, the game would already be won for the spies. Where the hell is everyone else?