A Simple FE7 Hack

HeroMaster47

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@eclipse: really? i'll fix that right away. It's 26 each, by the way. Also, the General's stat caps are in Chapter 9. My mistake

@Yeah, I understand what you mean. It's not too much of a reduction, as it's now 26. I just find it ridiculous that the beserker has 30Str/29Skl/28Spd caps.

@bottlegnomes: I want them to fit more into their archetypes. The speed cav having more def than the power cav does not fit into that. My Kent is still retarded because he always has either equal to or more str than skl or spd

Edited by HeroMaster47

Not sure what to make of the new Paladin DEF/RES caps, seeing as Lowen's the only one that has a shot of hitting DEF, and no one's close to RES. If you're willing to do something about Dart/Hawkeye's Skill, it might make the cap drop a bit more meaningful.

Sain still caprams Strength, and Kent caprams Speed harder. Meh on the defenses; Lowen beats both of them handily.

Could you NOT act like an utter jerk here? I really do not appreciate it.

anouleth doesn't act like a jerk to intelligent people who do intelligent things

chapter 32x HHM berserkers don't even come close to their caps

for that matter hardly any unit, player or enemy (except some bosses), comes close to reaching their caps, so tweaking caps only affects maybe the 2% of players who grind every unit to 20/20 (and often enough the caps are too high to actually make a difference anyway because it doesn't matter if an 11 AS wyvern rider is getting doubled by 15 or 25 AS)

Edited by dondon151

Not sure what to make of the new Paladin DEF/RES caps, seeing as Lowen's the only one that has a shot of hitting DEF, and no one's close to RES. If you're willing to do something about Dart/Hawkeye's Skill, it might make the cap drop a bit more meaningful.

Sain still caprams Strength, and Kent caprams Speed harder. Meh on the defenses; Lowen beats both of them handily.

Dart is getting a skill buff. On average, The only stat Lowen's capping is Def, and he gets 60 HP. Kent caps both Skill and Speed, while Sain caps strength, has 23 spd and 20 def on average, while Lowen is equal on skill, but lower in speed. Overall, Lowen has the best HP, Def and Luck, is in the middle in Str, and has the worst skill (tied with Sain), the worst speed and the worst Res. Sain has the best Str, middle in Speed, Def, Res and Luck, and the worst HP, while Kent has the highest Skl, Spd and Res, the middle in HP and the worst in Str and Def. Personally, I think Sain's the best of the three, but I might increase Kent's res growth to make that 26 res cap mean something, and to compensate for Kent's strength drop.

And once I get the Halberdier class into this hack, Lowen may become a playble soldier. Maybe, not sure yet

@dondon51: anouleth's comments come off as if they are jerkish to me.

Edited by HeroMaster47

@eclipse: really? i'll fix that right away. It's 26 each, by the way. Also, the General's stat caps are in Chapter 9. My mistake

@Yeah, I understand what you mean. It's not too much of a reduction, as it's now 26. I just find it ridiculous that the beserker has 30Str/29Skl/28Spd caps.

You could use the FE6/9/11/12 caps (30/24/28).

@bottlegnomes: I want them to fit more into their archetypes. The speed cav having more def than the power cav does not fit into that. My Kent is still retarded because he always has either equal to or more str than skl or spd

I'm not really sure why. Physical strength shouldn't necessarily translate into having better defense. I see it as representing Sain being more reckless in battle while Kent is more conservative.

@dondon51: anouleth's comments come off as if they are jerkish to me.

okay

that doesn't mean that you should ignore them

seriously, dude, learn to do some math - most of these little customizations make zero to negligible difference and won't change the way that anyone plays the game

You could use the FE6/9/11/12 caps (30/24/28).

I'm not really sure why. Physical strength shouldn't necessarily translate into having better defense. I see it as representing Sain being more reckless in battle while Kent is more conservative.

I was considering using those caps, and I can see what you're saying with the cavaliers, but I'll leave everything as it is for now, as it's looks fine in my eyes. Sorry for calling you a jerk, by the way. Some of your comments just seem to come off in that kind of way, so sorry if I misinterpreted them.

@dondon51: I never said I was going to ignore his comments, and I did just apologise. FYI I am VERY good at maths, so don't come in here insulting me and I do realise that most of these little customisations won't change the way that people play the game. They should have the freedom to play it however they damn well feel like playing it.

EDIT: I would really like to stop talking about this crap, dondon. I just want to get on with my hack.

EDIT2: Finally, I'm up to making some progress! All the chapters I've already done are up in the OP, I'll work on this more tomorrow.

Edited by HeroMaster47

I think the reason he made the comment was because if you don't plan to make noticeable differences in player stats, people might as well just play the actual game.

That being said, it's your choice in the end. It's your hack, not anybody else's, and if you feel that the end product is something you'd want to play, what other people say matters only as much as you let it.

IMO, don't make Lowen a Soldier. I'd rather you add a totally new character, because the three cavaliers, relative to each other, are I think, balanced, each with their own roles. If you aren't really up to adding a new character, have you considered making Nino a Soldier? It might give a reason for people to use her.

-Valkyries get light magic, Female sages have dark magic, male sages have light magic and Druids get anima

Pity that I'll never be able to take advantage of Female Sages and their Dark Magic, especially because Nino is fucking atrocious.

Also, like dondon and I'm sure many people said - changing stat caps barely matters whatsoever, especially in this game.

I'd say it would matter if people would reach it and/or capram it (imagine Sain with a 20 promoted STR cap). Since no one's really hitting them consistently. . .

@BigBangMeteor: Yeah, I'll probably leave Lowen as he is.

@dondon51: What and how is anything at my loss? I just want to get on with my hack. If you have nothing constructive/positive to say, then don''t say anything, and don't post in this thread. In the end, you decide if you post in a thread or not.

@Colonel M: I'm going to make Nino a little easier to use, but it's your decision if you want to use her or not. Also, there will probably be a higher change of getting higher level characters in this hack, since stronger enemies means more exp to gain.

@eclipse: I totally agree with what you're saying. The caps only really matter to who is likely to cap them. From now on, if I get a few complaints about something, I'll put it into a poll, to see what people's opinions on it are. It'll hopefully be fairer, and lead to less arguments if people just vote in a poll.

So today, progress will be made! I'm going to be hacking all the chapters that I haven't modified. Regarding character's stats, I'm going to put Kent's def growth back up to where it was, and I'm going to poll the beserker's stat caps.

@dondon51: What and how is anything at my loss? I just want to get on with my hack. If you have nothing constructive/positive to say, then don''t say anything, and don't post in this thread. In the end, you decide if you post in a thread or not.

you ignoring my statements doesn't make them not constructive

in the end you're weighing choices that don't matter in the least; wouldn't it be better if you invested this time into making decisions that actually mattered

Edited by dondon151

you ignoring my statements doesn't make them not constructive

in the end you're weighing choices that don't matter in the least; wouldn't it be better if you invested this time into making decisions that actually mattered

It's not like you're saying anything that actually matters. Just shut up and let me make my hack, ok?

@The Fanfic Hunter: thanks for offering to playtest when I release this, much appreciated.

Edited by HeroMaster47

You can do with your hack whatever you like, HeroMaster, but what it looks right now is people offer you constructive criticism and you stick your fingers in your ears and talk about insignificant changes and how their comments are jerkish just to avoid hearing them. Even if they come off as rude, their comments ring true. Small changes in growths and caps change absolutely nothing about the game. Your hack seems to have no clear goal in mind. Whenever someone says "this change doesn't help", you say it's not a balance hack, or that it doesn't matter anyway. It looks like you're just moving and changing things around for no reason. In which case, why not just make your hack without forum input?

You can do with your hack whatever you like, HeroMaster, but what it looks right now is people offer you constructive criticism and you stick your fingers in your ears and talk about insignificant changes and how their comments are jerkish just to avoid hearing them. Even if they come off as rude, their comments ring true. Small changes in growths and caps change absolutely nothing about the game. Your hack seems to have no clear goal in mind. Whenever someone says "this change doesn't help", you say it's not a balance hack, or that it doesn't matter anyway. It looks like you're just moving and changing things around for no reason. In which case, why not just make your hack without forum input?

As much as I hate to admit it, you're probably right about most of this stuff. I just easily misinterperet stuff on the internet, I don't take very well to rudeness, and I have a very short temper. Bad childhood memories there. I'll try to not react in such a way in the future. Just to make things clear, I want to make FE7 harder, and add in some different things. I will definetly flesh out the changes much more in the future, so that they do make a difference. I would also like to apologise to everyone I was rude to.

Don't apologise to Crash. You're already firmly on his shit list forever because NO GREY ZONES EVER

also apology accepted i guess? Were you even rude to me at all? I forget

Edited by Furetchen

Don't apologise to Crash. You're already firmly on his shit list forever because NO GREY ZONES EVER

I'll agree to that. I assume there are a lot of people on his shit list, the way he acts. I don't believe I was rude to you, or a least anything I said to you wasn't meant to come off as rude.

EDIT: I've got some FE6 modified growths noted down. I may transfer some of them into corresponding or similar to characters. I'll probably list some of them off for characters that people are interested in, since I changed them A LOT, and I if all goes well, some of those growths may be used on FE7 characters. For anyone wondering, my FE6 growths have all been balanced, so that main characters, merlinus, thieves and the last few promoted characters have 330% total growths, regular characters have 300% totals, and pre-promotes have 230% combined.

I'd also LOVE to make Fargus a playable character. He can be the Karel of FE7. Except that Karel is in FE7, so it doesn't make much sense, so what I mean is that Fargus would be FE7's equivalent to FE6's Karel.

MORE EDIT: I'm overhauling a lot of stuff in the OP. Go look at it. Goodnight everyone.

Edited by HeroMaster47

Uh, no he's not. You don't get to make that decision for me, okay?

Anyway, I am sorry TC, I really did overreact there and I hope you can forgive me.

- Why do female Bishops have less Magic than male Bishops? The Sage caps make more sense, IMO.

- Why did Fiora get a Strength nerf? 30% is bad enough as it is.

- Hooray for Dart getting some more Skill, but he could really use more than 10%.

- Thanks for giving Warriors Speed on promotion~!

- Why do female Bishops have less Magic than male Bishops? The Sage caps make more sense, IMO.

- Why did Fiora get a Strength nerf? 30% is bad enough as it is.

- Hooray for Dart getting some more Skill, but he could really use more than 10%.

- Thanks for giving Warriors Speed on promotion~!

Don't worry about all of this stuff, Eclipse. I'm completely rehauling this hack, with more organisation and a little bit of FE10 infulence to give it something different. The OP is going to have a lot of differences in the coming days.