FE13 vs FE12 discussion

Kind of bored, just a random observation I noticed.

The FE12 board was created around June 2010, so it's been around for almost 2 years.

The FE13 board has been around for, what, 9 months tops?

Already, the FE13 board has more replies than the FE12 board (16979 vs 13421). I suppose that's the wonderful effect of a brand new game and not a remake?

Maybe it's because FE12 came out at the end of the DS era, so it didn't get a lot of recognition. FE13 was revealed when the 3DS was still very new, so...that's just what I think.

Perhaps it's the mashing of various lords in the series through DL content (if my lack of following understands), therefore, more to discuss? Cause, I mean, I could discuss Leaf forever.

Fe12, we already have it and kinda knew what to expect.

Fe13 had that allure of mystery with it.

Their prerelease periods are a pretty far cry from each other, really. FE12 was announced less than three months before its release, compared to around six months for FE13; and while the former did get a respectable level of previewing in magazines and Nintendo things, it's nothing compared to the absolute torrent Nintendo seemed to be going for with FE13. So really, more to discuss pre-release, more time in which to discuss it; combined with being a remake on the same platform as its predecessor, poor FE12 never really stood a chance insofar as forum discussion volume.

I actually had a little comparison post made before, and I found out that FE13's forum is the first one to surpass FFTF in activity like..ever :P? Activity being views and the amount of different users posting in the forum, obviously nothing can beat FFTF in sheer number of posts. Still pretty impressive!

Edited by Tangerine

That shouldn't be too surprising; FE13 is the first new (as in non-remake) FE released ever since SF became the center of the fandom.

FE12 was shit because it was not released outside Japan like every other game between FE7 and FE11, and FE13 after it.

Edited by Raven

FE12 was shit because it was not released outside Japan like every other game between FE7 and FE11, and FE13 after it.

Also because it sucks.

Disclaimer: I have not played FE12 but I'm pretty damn sure it sucks eggs like FE10 and FE11

FE12 is verified to be one of the three best FE games because FE2 and FE5, the other two best FE games, were also never released outside of Japan. That FE13 is confirmed for release outside of Japan only shows how shit it is. unless it only comes out in Europe and the only requirement for being a best FE is not being released in America.

FE12 is verified to be one of the three best FE games because FE2 and FE5, the other two best FE games, were also never released outside of Japan. That FE13 is confirmed for release outside of Japan only shows how shit it is. unless it only comes out in Europe and the only requirement for being a best FE is not being released in America.

Actually, FE12 is being patched by different people than FE5 or FE2, and also (AFAIK) different people than any other FE game that is being patched, and all FE games that have been patched more or less completely seem to be patched by different people except FE4 and FE6. Moreover, both FE12 and FE13 have a MU. Finally, both FE12 and FE13 have Marth (FE13 kinda has like, at least 3 Marths if you count masked Marth I think?), while FE2 and FE5 don't have Marth. Basically, FE13 is exactly like FE12.

Edited by Hawkeye Hank Hatfield

Also because it sucks.

Disclaimer: I have not played FE12 but I'm pretty damn sure it sucks eggs like FE10 and FE11

Sure, feel free to follow that assertion.

If you're an idiot.