Guidebook details (out 18th May)

According to the data, Mariabel has a magic growth 10% above Liz's... So it's either that the people who used her (and were disappointed) all got RNG screwed, or they just didn't play long enough to let her high growths accumulate and compensate for her rather low magic base and late join time.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, that gives Fred a 60% HP growth...

My guess is HP growths would be double the other ones while given the same ranking.

You're forgetting the Great Knight growths, I think it's one of the 50% HP growths. So he's calculated to have(though the number might not be exactly accurate) 110% Hp growth as a Great Knight.

Edited by arvilino

No wonder I can't google translate the class growths anymore - the tables have been replaced with image files. Is this being mirrored in text form anywhere?

I guess the fact they put all the growths together in a single file means it's fixed and doesn't allow the possibility of an error, which is good news. Wonder how they figured it out if the guidebook reveals little detail, through hacking or another outside source?

It's certainly refreshing to hear about the specifics child growths. Wonder if child bases also have a precise formula along the lines of the one for growths.

No wonder I can't google translate the class growths anymore - the tables have been replaced with image files. Is this being mirrored in text form anywhere?

I guess the fact they put all the growths together in a single file means it's fixed and doesn't allow the possibility of an error, which is good news. Wonder how they figured it out if the guidebook reveals little detail, through hacking or another outside source?

It's certainly refreshing to hear about the specifics child growths. Wonder if child bases also have a precise formula along the lines of the one for growths.

Classes, in order:

Strategist

Lord

Priest

Cleric

Cavalier

Archer

Fighter

Mage

Knight

Pegasus Knight

Myrmidon

Troubadour

Thief

Mercenary

Dracoknight

Dark Mage

Barbarian

Taguel (male)

Taguel (female)

Manakete

Villager

Dancer

Grandmaster

Great Lord

Battle Monk

Battle Cleric

Paladin

Great Knight

Sniper

Bow Knight

Warrior

Hero

Sage

Dark Knight

General

Falcon Knight

Dark Pegasus

Swordmaster

Assassin

Valkyrie

Trickster

Dragonmaster

Griffin Knight

Sorcerer

Berserker

Edited by Othin

According to the data, Mariabel has a magic growth 10% above Liz's... So it's either that the people who used her (and were disappointed) all got RNG screwed, or they just didn't play long enough to let her high growths accumulate and compensate for her rather low magic base and late join time.

It's sort of the timing. Liz has the availability lead on her, then soon after Maribel joins there's a bunch of desert chapters where her movement is shot, while Liz's stays better and you get Libera during this time, then you get Anna and a bunch of Kill boss chapters ensue.

You'll have Libera and Anna before Maribel realistically gets to level 10, so as a staff user she's outclassed in staff use by 2 units that have very good combat use as well. Though Secluded Lady is a good skill that partially makes up for it once she does get to level 10 though.

Kinda compiling growths for base classes based on what ChinaFE has down. Just completed Sol, who's growths outside of speed are total bamf.

MU so far actually seems the most disappointing growth-wise so far. Well, outside of Liz, but she's a staffer.

Kinda compiling growths for base classes based on what ChinaFE has down. Just completed Sol, who's growths outside of speed are total bamf.

MU so far actually seems the most disappointing growth-wise so far. Well, outside of Liz, but she's a staffer.

Are MU's additions taken into account?

Saria - Sorcerer

Actual

HP 95

Str 25

Mag 65

Skl 40

Spd 60

Luck 40

Def 45

Res 30

Predicted

HP 90

Str 20

Mag 75

Skl 50

Spd 45

Luck 25

Def 45

Res 55

Well, I got Def right, and was close on HP and Str. Not so accurate otherwise, but the ChinaFE growths solidly line up with I had actually been expecting her growths to be. Particularly her Skl and Res.

Her growths as a Dark Mage are not quite the same: +5 HP and Str in exchange for -5 Mag. Interesting that this seems slanted in favor of the unpromoted class. Great Lord and Grandmaster have the same growths as their unpromoted versions, while Paladin's only change from Cavalier is +5 Res. Strange.

disappointing how? like low/average? or in the fact that MU isnt as OP as the last MU

So the English version is gonna be on the official site soon?

Some more SpotPass character details (I'll add these to the site later).

Emelina

Class sets: Cleric, Cavalier, Archer

Birthday: 23rd(?) December

Renha

Level 20 Swordmaster

Class sets: Myrmidon, Dracoknight, Archer

Birthday: 23rd July

Inverse

Level 20 Dark Pegasus

Class sets: Pegasus Knight, Dracoknight, Dark Mage

Birthday: 27th May

EDIT

There are also 5 unknown sidequests on Warm and one of the small islands near the central, south region. I'm assuming one of those is for Valhart, which leaves 4 sidequests for the unreleased characters?

Edited by VincentASM

There are also 5 unknown sidequests on Warm and one of the small islands near the central, south region. I'm assuming one of those is for Valhart, which leaves 4 sidequests for the unreleased characters?

Valhart's map is right above Ch20, and connects to it and S7. Gangrel's map is below S10 on the same island, and connects to it and Ch23. Are those two of the ones you saw?

If so, that sounds about right. Odd that the rest would all be on Varm as well, but it makes sense with how much room it has while Iris is packed.

Edited by Othin

So...

Inverse has the same birthday as Krom? He also has 27th May...

Gotta leave for a moment, but I checked and it looks like they're the same. The image I saw was a bit fuzzy though.

So the English version is gonna be on the official site soon?

Well base and class growths I don't see why wouldn't be on the site already (other than the fact I don't think they're quite confirmed, but they seem real enough), I'm just putting growths together for funsies.

Well base and class growths I don't see why wouldn't be on the site already (other than the fact I don't think they're quite confirmed, but they seem real enough), I'm just putting growths together for funsies.

Oh, they're real. My results with Donny lined up near-perfectly with the projected ones.

More likely an issue is that Vincent is just busy; I've been seeing to that.

Oh, they're real. My results with Donny lined up near-perfectly with the projected ones.

More likely an issue is that Vincent is just busy; I've been seeing to that.

I guess I'll just have to put them all in a word document and use that for reference.

I got 10% lower on HP(I'm sure I'm right on this one)

Also, I got completely different ratings for Skill and Speed.

You're right abut HP; I used the Dark Mage 50% growth. My Skl and Spd values are correct, though: 25+15 and 45+15.

I have the Official Guidebook and Dark Mages have much higher HP growth than sorcerers, to make their growths more similar to dark knights. Great knights seem to totally outclass paladins. Villager growths are awful, as predicted. Mariabel has better growths than Liz but troubadours and valkyries have somewhat bad growth compared to clerics. Pegasus knights don't really boost magic growth all that much, either. Overall, magic users other than dark mages and their promotions seem underwhelming.

Curiously defence growths for most classes all seem uniformly low. Armor knights and generals seem to be an exception.

And Marth's personal and class growths seem underwhelming. However, he does have Good Growths to make up for his shortcomings. Emelina and Inverse have huuuge personal growths.

I am on my phone so I can't make any charts with growth estimates.

I have the Official Guidebook and Dark Mages have much higher HP growth than sorcerers, to make their growths more similar to dark knights. Great knights seem to totally outclass paladins. Villager growths are awful, as predicted. Mariabel has better growths than Liz but troubadours and valkyries have somewhat bad growth compared to clerics. Pegasus knights don't really boost magic growth all that much, either. Overall, magic users other than dark mages and their promotions seem underwhelming.

Curiously defence growths for most classes all seem uniformly low. Armor knights and generals seem to be an exception.

And Marth's personal and class growths seem underwhelming. However, he does have Good Growths to make up for his shortcomings. Emelina and Inverse have huuuge personal growths.

I am on my phone so I can't make any charts with growth estimates.

Wait, so do they vary from the growths on ChinaFE?

I'm not able to compare both guidebooks in detail, but looking at Liz from both guidebooks, the official guidebook seems to have a slightly simplified version of the growth charts, eg. a 35% growth might be rounded to 40%.

Actually, I compared the charts in detail and it seems the official guidebook uses 15% increments, versus the perfect guidebook's 5%. This is assuming the growths at ChinaFE are correct.

Official

MHP ++    30%
STR +     15%
MAG ++    30%
SKL ++    30%
SPD ++    30%
LCK ++++  60%
DEF +     15%
RES ++    30%

+ = 15%

Perfect

MHP -------       35%
STR -----         25%
MAG -------       35%
SKL ------        30%
SPD -------       35%
LCK ------------- 65%
DEF ---           15%
RES -------       35%

- = 5%

Hmm, I was kind of looking forward to getting the official guidebook as well.