So, how do you think Jugdral and Tellius are doing nowadays? (SPOILERS)

Retsudo

Crack theories can be surprisingly productive in terms of sparking considerations, so here's mine:

So it seems to me that based on the scale, the FE world as seen in Awakening can only fit five or six continents. So where's Tellius? Well, let's see.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/VincentASM/FE9/tellius_old.jpg

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/world.html

Well, that's interesting: the outdated FE9 map looks rather similar to Iris in FE13. If we assume enough time passed that Tellius could change to look like the outdated map and then change more, it may very well be that Tellius is the same location as Archanea / Iris.

It seems to me that IS may have been initially planning on making any connections between Tellius and Archanea more clear, but changed the direction they wanted to take things. Let's recall again that Ike was originally supposed to be named Paris. Now, in FE13, we have a character named Paris who will eventually show up, join the team, and share his story, but we do not know his relevance. We also have a character with relevance but as of yet, no name and no way to share the details of his story: Iris's founder, the first Holy King, who apparently lived around the year 2600, 1000 years after FE1/2/3 and 1000 years before FE13.

If this information is all correct, we're missing a lot of information about this character, and I imagine FE13 has some method in mind to offer it. So it seems to me that Paris may very well be Iris's founder himself. And he may be older than we think. Again, Paris was Ike's Japanese name, but it was changed for some reason. Perhaps Paris was already designed and named in some form before FE9, and Ike was supposed to be that character, but IS changed their minds. Or perhaps things didn't change so much?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Othin, I'm really not seeing a similarity between Iris and Tellius.

Hey, if they were that similar, I wouldn't be calling it a crack theory.

Othin, I'm really not seeing a similarity between Iris and Tellius.

Me neither. I've even looked at various FE maps.

EDIT: Wasn't quick in my response. *sigh*

Edited by Fancy Grunt

Crack theories can be surprisingly productive in terms of sparking considerations, so here's mine:

So it seems to me that based on the scale, the FE world as seen in Awakening can only fit five or six continents. So where's Tellius? Well, let's see.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/VincentASM/FE9/tellius_old.jpg

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/world.html

Well, that's interesting: the outdated FE9 map looks rather similar to Iris in FE13. If we assume enough time passed that Tellius could change to look like the outdated map and then change more, it may very well be that Tellius is the same location as Archanea / Iris.

It seems to me that IS may have been initially planning on making any connections between Tellius and Archanea more clear, but changed the direction they wanted to take things. Let's recall again that Ike was originally supposed to be named Paris. Now, in FE13, we have a character named Paris who will eventually show up, join the team, and share his story, but we do not know his relevance. We also have a character with relevance but as of yet, no name and no way to share the details of his story: Iris's founder, the first Holy King, who apparently lived around the year 2600, 1000 years after FE1/2/3 and 1000 years before FE13.

If this information is all correct, we're missing a lot of information about this character, and I imagine FE13 has some method in mind to offer it. So it seems to me that Paris may very well be Iris's founder himself. And he may be older than we think. Again, Paris was Ike's Japanese name, but it was changed for some reason. Perhaps Paris was already designed and named in some form before FE9, and Ike was supposed to be that character, but IS changed their minds. Or perhaps things didn't change so much?

I'm am idiot and just opened the 13 map and saw that the area near sidequest 12 looks like Norway and the left half where FE2 takes place seems like South AMerica. That was probably on purpose though.

I do remember considering at one point that Tellius could have broken off from its main land and eventually become both Elibe and Akaneia (since those two are also kind of similar). Maybe the whole island featured in the Tellius games, as the only island left after Yune's flood, was a sort of Pangaea of the Fire Emblem world. Yes, it's a crack theory, and hardly anything supports it, but I guess it's possible.

Concerning the transition of Laguz into Manaketes, does anyone think Black Dragons might be Earth Dragons and White Dragons might be Divine/Mage Dragons?

I do think this Paris is the key to a lot of our missing information. The mere fact that there isn't really any information about him game points to that much. I'm of the mind that the more we learn about Iris, it'll tell us more about the connections to all of the other games.

To me, it seems quite likely that Tellius is one of the other continents around Iris and Varm. There are plenty that can be seen by changing the camera angle on the world map. During Ike's time, all other continents were sunk by the great flood 600 years before though so there probably wasn't travel between continents.

Anyway, it just seems to me that FE9 Tellius is quite separate from the lands that we traverse in this game.

So the continents just grew back? I'm content to think that Magvel, Tellius, and Elibe are in a alternate world accessible through the dragon's gate. Or maybe the continents all exist in one world but the events of the different games happened in alternate times, which explains the inconsistencies.

So the continents just grew back? I'm content to think that Magvel, Tellius, and Elibe are in a alternate world accessible through the dragon's gate. Or maybe the continents all exist in one world but the events of the different games happened in alternate times, which explains the inconsistencies.

These also seem possible to me; I'm just thinking that the flood waters may eventually recede. Doesn't matter though. I just don't think Varm or Iris can be Tellius as well, and that's the popular opinion anyway. Nothing new here I guess.

The reason why she doesn't transform is likely because she doesn't have her Dragonstone. Ninian and Nils were half-Dragon too, yet they could transform into dragons themselves. And I don't think I need to explain Nono, Soso, and a Mark to who Nono is a mother or Grandmother. People with Holy Blood like Julia have marks because of a pact made between human and dragon. In Julia's case, between Heim and Naga, for example.

Yes, they carry the blood of humans and dragons just like branded carry the blood of beorc and laguz

Yes, they carry the blood of humans and dragons just like branded carry the blood of beorc and laguz

:facepalm: You're misunderstanding me. The question here is whether or not anyone descended from a Taguel or Manakete are exactly the same as a Laguz-blooded Beorc. The answer is that they're not, as they can easily transform into Beasts and Dragons, but only as long as they have the appropriate stone, whereas Laguz-blooded Beorc cannot transform at all. As for marks on people with Holy Blood, if you've ever played FE4, you'd know that the Holy Crusaders made pacts with dragons, which granted them the power to overthrow the Loptous Empire. The Holy Blood markings show that a person is descended from those Crusaders. We don't know if any Human-Manakete or Human-Taguel halflings have similar marks on their bodies, but unless I'm missing something, it's a pretty safe bet that they don't.

:facepalm: You're misunderstanding me. The question here is whether or not anyone descended from a Taguel or Manakete are exactly the same as a Laguz-blooded Beorc. The answer is that they're not, as they can easily transform into Beasts and Dragons, but only as long as they have the appropriate stone, whereas Laguz-blooded Beorc cannot transform at all. As for marks on people with Holy Blood, if you've ever played FE4, you'd know that the Holy Crusaders made pacts with dragons, which granted them the power to overthrow the Loptous Empire. The Holy Blood markings show that a person is descended from those Crusaders. We don't know if any Human-Manakete or Human-Taguel halflings have similar marks on their bodies, but unless I'm missing something, it's a pretty safe bet that they don't.

I support the theory that Laguz evolved into manakete and taguels.

Laguz didn't need stones to transform, they could do it naturally.

But by now their blood has been mixed that much with beorc blood, they they do need the beast/dragon stones to transform.

So it doesn't really matter anymore how much laguz blood you have, whoever has some, can use the stone.

Btw, do the portraits of Manakete!Mark or Taguel!Mark look any different than their normal portraits?

Btw, do the portraits of Manakete!Mark or Taguel!Mark look any different than their normal portraits?

I haven't seen Taguel!Mark, but Manakete!Mark looks the same as always.

Just a thought, maybe Tellius is...

The continent south of Iris?

VX3DO.jpg

Kilvas and Phoenicis could possibly be those islands in the ring. They would have to moved a bit but still....

Just a thought, maybe Tellius is...

The continent south of Iris?

VX3DO.jpg

Kilvas and Phoenicis could possibly be those islands in the ring. They would have to moved a bit but still....

possible but I don't think the whole world flooded and the just didn't notice Iris because in terms of naval distance it's not that far unless the water receded it's probably not Tellius

Edited by Mageknight

It's also possible that Tellius is just a small part of one of the larger continents, and the rest showed up as the waters receded. I don't think we have topographical maps detailed enough to look into this, though.

Doesn't Ike leave to another continent in his Radiant Dawn ending? Maybe the whole story about the other continents disappearing after the flood was just an error and they just lost contact with Tellius?

Doesn't Ike leave to another continent in his Radiant Dawn ending? Maybe the whole story about the other continents disappearing after the flood was just an error and they just lost contact with Tellius?

I don't think the goddesses would have made that error. I'm pretty sure Ike just goes off to explore whatever's beyond Hatary, which would technically be another continent. Especially as it shows a picture of him walking off at the end.

It's also possible that Tellius is just a small part of one of the larger continents, and the rest showed up as the waters receded. I don't think we have topographical maps detailed enough to look into this, though.

but wouldn't the surrounding water be to shallow for travel by boat ? unless you mean it is a mountain`s peak however the size of tellius leads me to think otherwise

I just can't see the world of Jugdral/Akeneia and Tellius being connected. The laguz just seem so different from manaketes I can't see them being related. In almost all the games they appear Manaketes are portrayed as incredibly powerful beings, almost gods. Even the king of the dragon laguz Dheginsea is nothing compared to how powerful Naga is portrayed as.

I support the theory that Laguz evolved into manakete and taguels.

Laguz didn't need stones to transform, they could do it naturally.

But by now their blood has been mixed that much with beorc blood, they they do need the beast/dragon stones to transform.

So it doesn't really matter anymore how much laguz blood you have, whoever has some, can use the stone.

This makes no sense whatsoever. The abilities of manaketes surpasses laguz, not the other way around. Also, you misunderstand why manaketes need stones to transform. In FE1/3 and FE6/7 manaketes are given a history of once being incredibly powerful dragons that lost some of their powers, forcing them to become manaketes. Manaketes do not need stones to transform because they evolved from laguz, alternate explanations are already provided. They were weakened and forced to take human form which takes less energy, but can store their powers in dragonstones.

Edited by Jediabiwan