Game Timeline Discussion

Bryan

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those links are broken. Consider uploading them to imgur or photobucket?

So much for taking a shortcut to get a break after sending nine ridiculously slow separate image emails from my phone to myself.

They should be fixed now.

Hopefully my cell phone camera can be of some assistance.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3492/worldmap1.jpg

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/49/worldmap2t.jpg

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/6431/worldmap3.jpg

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/4231/worldmap4.jpg

The southern continent, from east to west. There's nothing farther to either side, so it seems to me that area in the far east with the Other-World Gate can't possibly be Lycia. In case it's not clear, the Other-World Gate is the shiny place in the first two images.

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5775/worldmap5.jpg

This is all you can see of the western continent. Don't know what to make of it. The area to the east is Varm's southern tip.

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/9126/worldmap6.jpg

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/4060/worldmap7.jpg

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3925/worldmap8.jpg

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2096/worldmap9.jpg

The northern continent from west to east, starting from near Valhart's castle in the far northeast of Varm.

In regards to the southern continent, the eastern portion doesn't look EXACTLY like Lycia, but comparing it to the FE7 map on this site does show that the small peninsulas look pretty similar to the peninsulas on Lycia. The only thing really lacking is a river. Otherwise, it would have been perfect.

That's not the farthest the world map goes: you can scroll further east, but there's just water. Unless I'm missing something, Lycia would have to bend back north and show up again, which it doesn't.

That's not the farthest the world map goes: you can scroll further east, but there's just water. Unless I'm missing something, Lycia would have to bend back north and show up again, which it doesn't.

Well, I guess it can't really be Elibe, unless something major happened to Nabata. I get the feeling that the southern continent was meant to simply be a reference to Elibe, since there's enough there to bear a resemblance between the two.

Either that or some major catastrophe occurred that caused Nabata to sink beneath the waves.

Edited by Shadow Stalker X

It could be Jugdral, but I don't remember where it was stated to be in relation to Archaenia.

I don't think they mentioned relative location, but I assume it has to be somewhere nearby.

I don't think they mentioned relative location, but I assume it has to be somewhere nearby.

It doesn't seem like any of the surrounding continents matches Jugdral's shape, but it doesn't necessarily have to be close, just that a trip to and from them can be done in a lifetime. If had to guess, it'd most likely be far to the east off from what we can be seen in the game.

From what I see of looking at the Jugdral map, it appears that the Western continent could possibly be some part of Issac. It's not exact, but it does look pretty similar.

From what I see of looking at the Jugdral map, it appears that the Western continent could possibly be some part of Issac. It's not exact, but it does look pretty similar.

Had to take a look after you said that, and yeah, it does look slightly similar. Although, it would take a bit of erosion of the land over thousands of years to make the two match.

Had to take a look after you said that, and yeah, it does look slightly similar. Although, it would take a bit of erosion of the land over thousands of years to make the two match.

Probably a fair assumption that magic flying around can speed up erosion and whatever else.

Probably a fair assumption that magic flying around can speed up erosion and whatever else.

Also if we go with that calender, it's been about 3000 years almost since FE4 took place, so it could work.

Also if we go with that calender, it's been about 3000 years almost since FE4 took place, so it could work.

Well, I don't think 3000 years would be enough for huge changes without special circumstances.

But let's look at what happened over just 2000 years:

http://serenesforest.net/fe3/world.html

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/world.html

With that in mind, those changes to Isaac look quite tame. The real question is, what does this mean about the rest of Jugdral? It's getting pretty far south at that point, and certainly close to the southern continent, whatever it is.

It seems like you can derive Iris from Akaneia more or less just by lowering the water level (perhaps they're in a miniature ice age?). That's going to add land and mess up the coastlines of every continent, so only the vaguest shapes will work. With that in mind, the northern continent could be just about anything. Judgral is plausible for the western continent too, for sure. Still nothing seems plausible for the southern continent.

There's Akaneia, Jugdral, Tellius, Elibe, and Magvel. If we're assuming Jugdral is to the west, then we have three other continents for two other places.

I don't see any reason to assume with all of this that they would just be two new random continents.

Don't forget that the place could be past Daein where the wolf laguz come from. We never really saw that on the map, but it still existed.

Okay, here's my timeline--this is really, in fact, a whole mess of guesses coupled with the Kaga + IS canon:

FE4 (1st Gen)

FE5

FE4 (2nd Gen)

-Several centuries/a millenium later-

FE11/FE3 (Book 1)/FE1

FE2

--Two years later--

FE12/FE3 (Book 2)

--Approximately 2000 years later--

FE13-----------------------------------------/Mark travelling through time after the post game/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------FE7

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Two decades later--

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------FE6

FE9

FE10

Unknown:

FE8

Edited by VulneqSVB/=

• 2 weeks later...

FE9/10 has to be before FE13. One of the supports in FE13 mentions a Heron Princess and a Raven. The other world characters also have to exist, putting FE13 after all of the other games, but before any future games. FE8 is really the only game difficult to place, because it's so isolated from the other games.

FE4/5: ~600

FE6/7: ~1000

FE1/2/3: ~1600

FE13: ~3600

I agree with this idea.

I'm guessing Tellius games take place sometime before FE6/7. They've got a goddess established. While none of the other games give her a name, Tellius calls her Ashera. Perhaps as time went on people forgot about her and removed her name from the Ashera Icon and simply referred to it as a Goddess Icon. All of the icons look close to identical, so they may be referring to the same deity. FE4/5 dont' have Goddess Icons, which is why I think Tellius takes place after Jungdral, though its possible that they take place first.

Edited by Lucina

FE9/10 has to be before FE13. One of the supports in FE13 mentions a Heron Princess and a Raven. The other world characters also have to exist, putting FE13 after all of the other games, but before any future games. FE8 is really the only game difficult to place, because it's so isolated from the other games.

I agree with this idea.

I'm guessing Tellius games take place sometime before FE6/7. They've got a goddess established. While none of the other games give her a name, Tellius calls her Ashera. Perhaps as time went on people forgot about her and removed her name from the Ashera Icon and simply referred to it as a Goddess Icon. All of the icons look close to identical, so they may be referring to the same deity. FE4/5 dont' have Goddess Icons, which is why I think Tellius takes place after Jungdral, though its possible that they take place first.

It's likely that Tellius did come first, since after Ike effectively killed the Goddess, people stopped worshiping her after a while. That would explain her disappearing.

I don't think that really all fits within a 400 year gap.

So regarding the Manakete explanation from before, he says they took on human form. But if they were laguz, they already have human forms. Maybe they were just dragons originally and then became laguz?

So regarding the Manakete explanation from before, he says they took on human form. But if they were laguz, they already have human forms. Maybe they were just dragons originally and then became laguz?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the explanation necessarily indicated that they didn't have human forms, just that they didn't need to use them. It would be a bit strange for them to suddenly gain the ability to take that form when their power was drained.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the whole map thing, isn't it possible that the maps used ingame are the maps the characters have access to, and so are not entirely accurate? Maybe Archanea/Barensia didn't change that much over 2000 years, but rather map making did?