CCMRCSGWNR3:FFDH Game Thread

Haze

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also, can people remind me what the argument against Kaoz was supposed to be? I remember something about Proto lurking, but wasn't that just inactivity (hence him subbing out)?

Proto didn't exist while Kaoz spouts lots of emptiness and has made repeated attempts to divert the attention to other people, as well as generally not lifting a finger to do anything beneficial to the town.

...what

First off, governors are typically one-use only, because a multiple-use governor would break the game.

Iris claims not to be responsible for the D1 lynch cancel, so if we were to lynch her and she's still able to use her ability to save herself, that'd make her townier, not scummier.

Besides, not stopping a known mislynch is stupid. If you know you're town, you're about to get lynched and you have the power to stop it, the logical thing to do is to stop it.

You know I really really think that Iris' claim stinks.

Oh, great, so the second downgrade was to Anouleth?

Whoever is responsible for this, we need to kill them dead as soon as possible.

Although this is a pretty convenient excuse... One that the mafia might just claim. But I'm willing to believe you're town, for now.

Wow, they hit someone else too? Huh... I won't ask who, but it's pretty scary if they can downgrade our roles like this. Hopefully it's just a 1 use thing...

Proto didn't exist

Not admissible. If Proto had problems big enough that he needed to be subbed out that doesn't indicate town or mafia.

while Kaoz spouts lots of emptiness and has made repeated attempts to divert the attention to other people, as well as generally not lifting a finger to do anything beneficial to the town.

It's perfectly rational for a town player to try and divert attention to other players. After all, a town player knows he's town. Plus he wants to continue playing the game?

Hey Raymond, when has there ever been a game with two Govenors?

I'm starting to have an inkling there's a day/night godfather obviously, but that they are the same person with two phase stoppers. I think Iris may have claimed governor since it's easy to prove and then she's used both powers already and now is using this as an excuse. If she's effectively cleared because we believe there's a second governor out there, then of course she doesn't have to use it again. But she's already used both.

##Unvote, Vote Iris

why is the mafia allowed a mass roleblock, a role downgrader, a lynch stopper, and an oc canceler at the same time? this is bullshit.

why is the mafia allowed a mass roleblock, a role downgrader, a lynch stopper, and an oc canceler at the same time? this is bullshit.

Town better have awesome roles.

You know I really really think that Iris' claim stinks.

Why exactly?

Not that I couldn't see why.

There's a lot in this game that stinks. I'd currently like to lynch four people at once, but we only have so many lynches.

Wow, they hit someone else too? Huh... I won't ask who, but it's pretty scary if they can downgrade our roles like this. Hopefully it's just a 1 use thing...

They did. Me. (It's not like the mafia doesn't already know this, so I figure it doesn't hurt to share it.)

So, considering it's already happened to two of us, it's probably safe to assume that it isn't 1-use only.

Not admissible. If Proto had problems big enough that he needed to be subbed out that doesn't indicate town or mafia.

Fair enough. The points about Kaoz still stand.

It's perfectly rational for a town player to try and divert attention to other players. After all, a town player knows he's town. Plus he wants to continue playing the game?

Sure. The most rational way to do that is by helping the town find and pressure more suspicious players.

Going "hey guys, go after the cult and leave me alone" is not a particularly pro-town way to do that, to put it mildly.

@Psych: I can't think of any. But I've seen games in which a one-shot lynch cancel was one of the mafia's team abilities, associated with none of their members in particular.

Of course, adding a governor to that is boarding bastard modding territory, but after what's been happening in this game so far I wouldn't put it past Haze.

Yeah, postgame better have a pretty damn good explanation for that

I would like to point out the fact that mafia's abilities are all working so well because we are just giving them free info. Anou stated he was a day vig in the open. Other people have claimed that they have good roles, and we have stated who we have as town leaders. We have given the mafia easy targets. Shade proved this by saying early the game to have someone inspect her and basically called that she would be helpful, thus being an open target to mafia as well.

Shade proved this by saying early the game to have someone inspect her and basically called that she would be helpful, thus being an open target to mafia as well.

I did not do anything like that.

Okay, hi. Sorry about the delay.

So from what we've gathered, the mafia roles all seem dedicated to hindering the town. The lynch cancel yesterday was very likely mafia, the mass roleblock was almost certainly so, the OC canceler is similarly basically confirmed since it was used on Strawman today, and the downgrader doesn't seem like a town role whatsoever. To me, this looks like a theme amongst the mafia roles- they all seem specifically tailored to hinder and make the town have a hard time finding information.

As for people, I agree with the majority that Kaoz has done a rather poor job of being useful to the town. I also feel that Iris's claim isn't too hot- is Haze really going to be that lazy? This game is sort of focused on trolling, and almost totally re-using an old role PM? It just seems so much below the quality of trolling I've come to expect to the man. Psych's role seems pretty townish, though that should be fairly obvious.

Strawman, are there a significant amount of people who didn't claim to you yesterday?

And Shinori, please point me to the post where Raymond said that. I don't see it. Are you trying to pull stuff out of your ass, or did you get confused or what?

I will have to re read the earlier parts of the thread to check. I found that part and i thought there was more but i don't know. I'll have to check. I may have gotten him mixed up with someone else.

if iris is governor, does lynch-cancel work on herself?

I don't think she should be our main target right now.

I may have gotten him mixed up with someone else.

You did. I do recall someone saying that, but it wasn't me, and I can't be bothered to check right now.

@Bizz: I don't see why it wouldn't, and she hasn't claimed that it doesn't work on herself.

I would like to point out the fact that mafia's abilities are all working so well because we are just giving them free info.

I actually do kind of agree with this (although I thought Raymond's thing was just his PR, tbh). If Anouleth was going to claim without even using his role, fuck that; that's why I kinda hoped he would use it in the first place. Psych really had no reason to claim, either, so /:

well, if iris can cancel a lynch on herself then we could lynch her for a potential 'clear' but that just means another day of no info really

well, if iris can cancel a lynch on herself then we could lynch her for a potential 'clear' but that just means another day of no info really

No it'd just lead us to this day again, just knowing that iris can cancel lynches and no more.

Also Slayer, it would tell use that she couldn't use it anymore.

Honestly, I think Anouleth should use his role. I know him dying is a bad thing, but it's possible however likely that he's mafia and now trying to get out of the obligation of using his role. Just throwing that out there. I'd rather have two people dead today and see where that gets us then do nothing.

Also there is so much WIFOM in this game it's not even funny.

Also Slayer, it would tell use that she couldn't use it anymore.

What use is that? If she is town, we possibly lost one of towns saving graces during a critical lynch day (i.e. instances of mylo) if she is mafia, she can't use it at all (assuming this game has any balance at all and she was the cause for yesterday's no lynch). She saving herself tells us nothing about her alignment really.

...Why would you use a Lynch stop during MYLO? Seriously? The whole point of it is you have to lynch the mafia. If Iris stopped that, the mafia would get a free kill and win the game. That's not townish at all.