So what's the story with Anna?

The traveling merchants appear on the battlefield if you enter a skirmish at their location, with both the name and class "Merchant".

MerchantClass.jpg

There's definitely multiple Anna's, the npc versions are referred to as Anna by the playable Anna, and have a unique Lance using class.

JakeFE1.png

JakeRekka.png

Jake.gif

There might be multiple Jakes as well.

Well, technically, the first and third Jakes are the same guy officially. But otherwise, yeah I see your point.(On the topic of Jake, has anyone seen his FE4 appearance? What does he look like there?)

Edited by Otherarrow

Well, technically, the first and third Jakes are the same guy officially. But otherwise, yeah I see your point.(On the topic of Jake, has anyone seen his FE4 appearance? What does he look like there?)

A Generic villager male villager portrait.

I would like to add here that Anna says in a support conversation with Tiki that she should feel free to stop by any of her sisters' shops anytime. She also makes references to other-world travel in her supports with MU. So I think we have a massive amount of Annas hopping between time periods. She probably doesn't know if they're all her from different times or if they're biological sisters anymore (I'd bet). Madness. But I love it.

Edited by ReedTien

AGHH! Annas everywhere!!!! This is.. strange-but cool. :P as for the merchants during skirmishes, do they do anything or sit around like a lump?

I believe you protect a Merchant Anna in a DLC Map. Her class has low stats, but they're higher then villager(worst trainee ever).

Edited by Emperor Hardin

They show up in skirmishes if the monsters are in the same place as the merchant. They actually can wind up all the way at LV30 with decent stats - I'm not sure whether they always are or it depends on the skirmish. Their caps certainly aren't as restrictive as Villagers', and at least at LV30, they have a Silver Lance and an Elixir. They don't move, though.

Edited by Othin

• 3 weeks later...

Seriously, what's the deal with her? Why is Anna suddenly joining us? Where's Jake? What's the story behind this Anna?

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Anna

She appears as a Merchant AND a playable class. The new Trickster Class. Dunno if we're going to see Jake. I heard that she "confesses her feelings" to the character you create in Awakening.