anyone eles a lil bummed at the spotpass units they chose?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Gaiden is limited by the people who have art in the manual, as it seems they are trying to be consistent with the artstyle for each set (this is also why the Shadow Dragon newbies got put with the New Mystery people). If I recall, Boey and Deen and such got art in the manual, while Dyute and Sonia and such didn't get art until The Complete.

Sadly, this means no Zeek probably.

Edited by Otherarrow

I was disappointed with the spotpass as well. Jamka over Midir.... I would also like to see Grey(he was my fav in Gaiden), though there is not good art of him, except of this.

They better have Tana! THEY BETTER!

Grey has manual artwork. along with all the villagers.

Unfortunately however there is no manual artwork of Ruka and Saber. Ruka's complete artwork even makes him a villager instead of a soldier/Armor Knight!

yea i would have thought linnoan or othin. and yea i liked grey to, my dissapointment in this is lessened in that i can class change any spotpass unit into whatever i want, and clea is now (for some reason i dont understand) a redhead and since its in japanese anyway ill just pretend its sonia lol

Edited by Dark Nocturne

lack of Ilyana is sad but i expected that, love lucia and mia.

Where did you get the tellius spotpass characters?I just went to spotpass on the site and didn't see anything. :/

Edited by Melonhead215

go to base stats and click on spotpass and its got future spotpass too

Recruitment, actually.

It has a list of future SpotPass teams based on the teams that have appeared in the DLC maps. All we're really missing is some characters from FE7/8 teams and confirmation of how they might fit into the Villain team, since we're not sure about with some FE7/8 characters whether they're in their own game's team or the Villain team. I'm confident in my deduction, but it's not yet confirmed.

Not really considering how the SpotPass has been working...and mostly to me not having a great attachment to any characters FE1-6 aside from a few

Edited by Shun One

I like the ones they chose.. for the post part.

But nephenee as a General? That just seems wrong. At least make her a paladin, heck even a swordsmaster would be better..

Well, I'm just disappointed I'm the lack of warriors representatives. No Nolan for fe10? To complete the dawn brigade? No rest of the greil mercs? Also, the classes "like neph as a general?

Other includes No Faval for fe 4 gen 2 team, no othin or tania for fe 5, niime for fe6.

Hoping for the 3 trainees for fe 8

Am I the only one who thinks weird changes like Nephenee as a General are actually really cool, as a new perspective on the characters?

I got Nephenee, Mia, Caeda, Lachesis, Catria, Aless, Ira, Mareeta and Elincia, so I am i no way dissapointed.

And I agree with Othin about things like General Neph. Individual character caps can probably turn her into the fast unit that we know of.

Lets see: Ike, Soren, Titania, Nephenee, Edward, Elincia, Sanaki, Black Knight and Petrine.

Could've done with Vika, Nailah Pelleas and Gatrie, but not bad otherwise...

Edit: And Nagi.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

really, I don't mind who they are giving, just how they are giving them, and in what form.

it just would've been nice if classes were reworked even a little to match up with what they were in their game of origin.

Am I the only one who thinks weird changes like Nephenee as a General are actually really cool, as a new perspective on the characters?

. . . that's an interesting coping mechanism

Edited by StrategistPockystix

I only really have two main disappointments:

1-the lack of Cain and Abel. I thought the lack of red and green cavaliers was just because they'd make it in and they only needed one set of them, but, in the end, they're seemingly including no red/green cavaliers at all in the spotpass units. Rather than that, we have someone like Nina, who was barely playable in FE3, as a spotpass character for FE1 and a bunch of FE11/12-only characters taking up most of the spots in the FE3 team. They should just have gone with the card game art...

2-Only Manakete included seems to be young Tiki. After I saw she had made it, I was kind of hoping for more. Maybe they could even have included Earth Dragon Medeus if there were a male model for Manaketes...

Edited by NeonZ

really, I don't mind who they are giving, just how they are giving them, and in what form.

it just would've been nice if classes were reworked even a little to match up with what they were in their game of origin.

. . . that's an interesting coping mechanism

Ah, because when revisiting a past character, they must be a simple, exact port, with no effort to look at what any aspect of them might mean in the context of another game, right?

Rather than that, we have someone like Nina, who was barely playable in FE3, as a spotpass character for FE1

We also have several villains who weren't playable at all, and then you advocate for Medeus himself. I guess being playable isn't that big of an issue?

Medeus also could have some story conflicts due to potential but unclear relevance.

Ah, because when revisiting a past character, they must be a simple, exact port, with no effort to look at what any aspect of them might mean in the context of another game, right?

We also have several villains who weren't playable at all, and then you advocate for Medeus himself. I guess being playable isn't that big of an issue?

Medeus also could have some story conflicts due to potential but unclear relevance.

. . . I'm sure you give them a lot more credit than you realize. . .

Gah! Where's Galzus!!! ( say what you will) He's the reason i play 5 again occasionally. And instead they put in Dagda... are you kidding me?

Three swordmasters for POR? The stupid replacement characters for FE1 being shoehorned in for 3? I can't even fathom what the thought process were for some of these teams...It's like it tries to be the main characters/ fan favorites but then it leaves one out in favor of a minor character/ stupid character....Like Dagda...Why oh why Dagda...

But at the end of the day i can't complain too much more than i already have, especially when it's free...

Whatever, at least Sigrun is in...and the black knight...Maybe i'll get Dagda just to have every possible character use him as a punching bag for having wasted a good spot...and i'll blame him for every wasted spot...just because he sucks that much.

-eriad

Edited by Eriad

It may be worth mentioning that certain characters aren't necessarily overlooked. The Cain, Abel, and Jagen tend to be showing up as Paladins in the main character's SpotPass team, with stats adjusted as appropriate. Those teams tend to represent the characters' full initial teams, and while some of the characters on those teams reappear on their own, I guess they feel like they didn't need to represent them entirely. For example, the Paladin with Gaebolg on Sigurd's team couldn't really be a replacement for Cuan despite representing him just because of how important Cuan is, but if Leaf's team includes a Hero with Othin's Handaxe and Wrath, it'll be hard to complain about my own namesake's lack of inclusion when such representation is appropriate for his relevance while leaving room for other characters.

Although Othin's Handaxe is kind of a weak weapon in this game, and the Lord teams are much higher-leveled. He could use a Tomahawk, but that wouldn't be nearly as interesting. It may be worth noting that the Sniper on Roy's team does not use Wolt's Medicinebow, but then Wolt is SpotPass himself, so maybe he'll just use it on his own map.

Personally I'm disappointed with some choices, and don't understand why you have teams with 6 men and 4 women, and some with 5 of both.

FE4-1: Wtf Ardan. I mean, every other char would be better than him, so WHY. I wanted Fury, Tiltyu and Lex so badly.

FE4-2: it's easy mode, let's just take chars related to the 1st gen batch and fill the last spot with a random char. Lakche is popular so I have nothing to say against her (even though I dislike her), but I would have liked Tinny or Patty instead of Fee/Altenna.

FE5: Where the bloody hell is Linoan? If there was one character outside of Leaf and Nanna that I would have thought they'd include, it's her (I like Olwen so I won't complain... well I would have liked Sara). Sad is the lack of Galzus too.

FE6: Basically what I've thought they'd include, except for Wolt and Thany. I hoped for Clarine, Tate and Klein though.

Have nothing to say about Tellius since the only char I wanted was Micaiah, and didn't care at all for Akaneia.

On a side note, if there isn't Joshua, Tana and L'Arachel for FE8, then I think it's safe to assume it's not cigarette they're smoking.